Dak is not a Franchise QB

Aviano90

Go Seahawks!!!
Reaction score
So do you think our best bet to fix the problem is to get rid of zeke? Lol
No, never even suggested that. Just when people are pointing fingers understand there is plenty of people who can have fingers pointed in their direction instead of targeting just 1 person.

That was the problem with Romo. You had a bunch of morons who blamed everything on Romo arguing with a bunch of morons who thought nothing was ever his fault. And the truth lied in the middle where some of it was his fault and a lot of it wasn't.

Right now the same has to happen with Dak.

Aviano90

Go Seahawks!!!
Reaction score
The cowboys put most of their money and picks in the oline and Zeke and not at QB or WR. So I expect a lot more from them
Exactly. What a novel idea. You expect more from the pieces you spend the most on. If you expect more out of your QB than you do out of your RB then the #4 pick should be a QB and the RB should come in round 4. :laugh:

khiladi

Reaction score
I never said Murray runs like Zeke. I said the Cowboys running game hasn’t been a problem for years. Zeke hasn’t really made it that much better for being a top 4 pick IMO. It’s basically the same when the oline is playing well.

I think Dak succeeded due to the running. When the running game sucks the offense normally sucks. The cowboys put most of their money and picks in the oline and Zeke and not at QB or WR. So I expect a lot more from them. No excuses about playing a tough defense. If they only play well against crap defenses then they are overrated. Going to the playoffs means playing against better defenses normally so they should be prepared if the plan on making the playoffs.

Because Murray had Romo as a QB..

khiladi

Reaction score
How did guys like Peterson and Lewis run for 2000 yards with Christian Ponder and Kyle Booker at QB? Great players can excel. Sander’s teams sucked but yet he still made plays. Stop giving Zeke a pass.

They did it ONE year and that was AP best year ever, and he is the true definition of a generational back. In their other years these guys put up equivalent numbers to what Zeke did in his second year or worse, aka Lewis. You guys act like AP rushes for 2000 yards every year he had Ponder as a QB.

Hell Zeke almost broke 1000 yards playing only ten games last year, despite Dak playing like garbage.

Aviano90

Go Seahawks!!!
Reaction score
They did it ONE year and that was AP best year ever, and he is the true definition of a generational back. In their other years they put up equivalent numbers to what Zeke did in his second year. You guys act like AP rushes for 2000 yards every year he had Ponder as a QB.

Hell Zeke almost broke 1000 yards playing only ten games last year, despite Dak playing like garbage.
Didn't DMAC do the same thing, with Cassel and Moore playing like garbage? Why did we need Zeke again?

khiladi

Reaction score
I wish Romo would have used him more and especially didn't steal Murray's touchdowns so often.

I wish Murray didn’t fumble on a wide open hole against GB based off a run option Romo called..

Aviano90

Go Seahawks!!!
Reaction score
I wish Murray didn’t fumble on a wide open hole against GB based off a run option Romo called..
I do too. I wish Romo didn't take all those stupid sacks he took that game when he had plenty of time to throw the ball away, and I wish butterfingers didn't fumble the snap on the 3rd down play late in the first half. But, neither of us are getting our wish. It is what it is, Cowboys choking since the glory days.

Cowboysheelsreds053

Reaction score
I agree he needs more than 15 carries. But if we give him 30 carries do you want him to get 120 yards or 150 yards?

Or to use your basketball reference, if a player scores 30 points, do you want them to do that on 18 shot attempts or 28 shot attempts?

In basketball you are getting a Carmelo Anthony on the 28 shots for 30 points not Clay Thompson on the 18 attempts. Football even 30 carries you would like 150 yards but if it takes less passing attempts off of your inaccurate QB, I would still take the 120 or 125 yards. That would mean less passing on Dak and you get to feed your beast more than your inaccurate QB passing and still get the win.
James Conner got 36 carries for the stealers for over 150 yards. So yes that is what you hope for but for the win and less passing for a QB that would not be confused with Troy, I would still take the win with 120-130 yards on 30 carries. You just want the ball in your best player hands more than not and with this patched up OL I would take it.

khiladi

Reaction score
Didn't DMAC do the same thing, with Cassel and Moore playing like garbage? Why did we need Zeke again?

Actually, Dallas red zone offense was garbage and he only has 3 TDs and I don’t think McFadden was suspended for 6 games where he couldn’t practice with the team. Zeke still had 4 more TDs..

Or are you going to tell me McFadden also faced more stacked fronts than Zeke and is better than him..

CPanther95

Reaction score
The passing game will definitely help the running game, and vice versa, but even a great back needs some holes. Fix the OL issues and Zeke will do great.

Of course if you fix the OL issues, you don't really need a Zeke to get good running production.

khiladi

Reaction score
I do too. I wish Romo didn't take all those stupid sacks he took that game when he had plenty of time to throw the ball away, and I wish butterfingers didn't fumble the snap on the 3rd down play late in the first half. But, neither of us are getting our wish. It is what it is, Cowboys choking since the glory days.

Butterfingers didn’t lose the ball when he fumbled twice like Aaron Rodgers, who actually lost the ball once when fumbling twice in sub-zero temperatures as QBs..

Yeah, 15/19 in sub zero temperatures is his fault for a QB.. we get your Romo agenda that you’d turn a performance like that into ‘his fault’..

Hadenough

Reaction score
It’s the coaches man. Our coaches are not any good.

Yes Dak and Zeke and everybody else have some blame too. But the truth is, our coaches DO NOTHING to provide our players an advantage. The players are not getting any type of leg up from the coaching staff. They are being dragged down by the coaches mediocrity.

That’s why players who are good come here and then get dragged down into mediocre. And that’s why when those same good players leave, they play well for other teams.
Did you see that int that Claiborne had in the Jets game. I had to do a double take. He looked good! He had over the top help and he was looking back at the QB while running and leaves up like we and made a great grab. Somebody has coached him up!

Aviano90

Go Seahawks!!!
Reaction score
Actually, Dallas red zone offense was garbage and he only has 3 TDs and I don’t think McFadden was suspended for 6 games where he couldn’t practice with the team. Zeke still had 4 more TDs..

Or are you going to tell me McFadden also faced more stacked fronts than Zeke and is better than him..
The Khiladi shuffle. We're talking about yards, right? You're impressed Zeke almost got 983 yards on 242 attempts because he had a garbage QB. Impressive stuff for Zeke Elliott

DMC playing with the greatness that was Cassel and Moore got 1089 yards on 239 carries. But that isn't impressive, you want to bring up touchdowns. LOL

Since you brought up TD, in 2015 with Weeden as the primary QB, Joseph Randle scored 4 TDs in only 76 attempts. Zeke scored 7 TD's on 242 attempts last year.

Zeke impressive, Randle and DMAC not impressive.

Aviano90

Go Seahawks!!!
Reaction score
Butterfingers didn’t lose the ball when he fumbled twice like Aaron Rodgers, who actually lost the ball once when fumbling twice in sub-zero temperatures as QBs..

Yeah, 15/19 in sub zero temperatures is his fault for a QB.. we get your Romo agenda that you’d turn a performance like that into ‘his fault’..
Stalled drives due to Romo. Dude is just bad luck. Can't wait until his dead money comes off the books and hopefully the curse will be broken.

khiladi

Reaction score
The Khiladi shuffle. We're talking about yards, right? You're impressed Zeke almost got 983 yards on 242 attempts because he had a garbage QB. Impressive stuff for Zeke Elliott

DMC playing with the greatness that was Cassel and Moore got 1089 yards on 239 carries. But that isn't impressive, you want to bring up touchdowns. LOL

Since you brought up TD, in 2015 with Weeden as the primary QB, Joseph Randle scored 4 TDs in only 76 attempts. Zeke scored 7 TD's on 242 attempts last year.

Zeke impressive, Randle and DMAC not impressive.

This coming from the guy talking about Morris running fur 70 yards as evidence he’s a home run hitter, only to shuffle saying he wasn’t a home run hitter. Of course I brought up yards, because that’s what the original poster brought up.

So by your logic McFadden is as good as AP..

LetsBeReal

Reaction score
No, never even suggested that. Just when people are pointing fingers understand there is plenty of people who can have fingers pointed in their direction instead of targeting just 1 person.

That was the problem with Romo. You had a bunch of morons who blamed everything on Romo arguing with a bunch of morons who thought nothing was ever his fault. And the truth lied in the middle where some of it was his fault and a lot of it wasn't.

Right now the same has to happen with Dak.

I hear ya man, I’m just saying Dak has sucked for awhile now. And nothing is gonna change until the qb play is gets better. Don’t care who it is

Aviano90

Go Seahawks!!!
Reaction score
This coming from the guy talking about Morris running fur 70 yards as evidence he’s a home run hitter, only to shuffle saying he wasn’t a home run hitter. Of course I brought up yards, because that’s what the original poster brought up.

So by your logic McFadden is as good as AP..
LOL. Dancing again. You're a funny dude.

khiladi

Reaction score
Stalled drives due to Romo. Dude is just bad luck. Can't wait until his dead money comes off the books and hopefully the curse will be broken.

Stalled dives the fault of Romo after Murray gets stopped for no gain and Dallas is in an obvious passing situation.. OK

That’s cute.. going 15/19 in sub zero temperatures is his fault and pretty much perfect in the second half is scrub play against an undefeated GB at home.. I’m sure the pass to Dez being overturned was his fault..

khiladi

Reaction score
LOL. Dancing again. You're a funny dude.

Whose dancing? By your logic, who needs AP? AP didn’t rush for over 2000 yards ever year Ponder was QB..

I was responding the following:

“How did guys like Peterson and Lewis run for 2000 yards with Christian Ponder and Kyle Booker at QB? Great players can excel. Sander’s teams sucked but yet he still made plays. Stop giving Zeke a pass.”

You see, 2000 YARDS...