Dak is not a Franchise QB

aria

Reaction score
name one QB besides Romo that garret has been able to develop or get good results out of .
Rome was developed under parcells, so was witten, garret has never done anything with TE's either.
Dak was good right out of college, under JG he has gone downhill.
but Dak doesnt draw up the plays , or game plan, or call the plays, those all make a difference. If they are crap the qb will look like crap.

They tried to make offense dak friendly, but it isnt , it is a joke.
When the guy can’t hit open receivers 5-10 yards downfield the plays aren’t the problem. I’m not throwing in the towel on Dak yet but I’m getting close, he was putrid on Sunday, plain and simple.

khiladi

Reaction score
Yes, he is saying Zeke is no better than Dak.

I’m sure defenses feel that way playing close to the box on 2nd and 17 and so does the FO, resting Zeke more than they do Dak, even during Dak’s supposed MVP year..

khiladi

Reaction score
So Zeke is only good if we have a good QB got it. Trade him now because he’s useless.

Cowboys run game has basically been the same for the last 4 seasons. Nothing has drastically improved. No reason to pay a RB a lot. Same thing they did with Murray.

You tell me? You brought up 1300 yards as evidence of a point that these RBs are good and Zeke easily would have hit that if he played six more games..

And Murray was a great back, I’m not sure what your point is with that example..

Aviano90

Go Seahawks!!!
Reaction score
I’m sure defenses feel that way playing close to the box on 2nd and 17 and so does the FO, resting Zeke more than they do Dak, even during Dak’s supposed MVP year..
So you are saying defenses are more scared of Dak than Zeke.

uvaballa

Reaction score
You tell me? You brought up 1300 yards as evidence of a point that these RBs are good and Zeke easily would have hit that if he played six more games..

And Murray was a great back, I’m not sure what your point is with that example..
If Zeke is basically putting up Jamal Lewis numbers I’m saying he’s not as great as you guys think. He does not deserve to be one of the highest paid RBs. Cowboys have gotten that with other RBs like Murray. Not sure why you can’t comprehend.

khiladi

Reaction score
So you are saying defenses are more scared of Dak than Zeke.

Well coming from you, who thinks RBs should have more home run hits against stacked boxes and then brings up Morris 70 yard run and him running against more stacked boxes (percentage wise) as proof of it, while claiming your not saying he’s a home run hitter, you probably do think Defenses are more scared of Zeke than Dak.. especially considering how hard your trying here..

Aviano90

Go Seahawks!!!
Reaction score
Well coming from you, who thinks RBs should have more home run hits against stacked boxes and then brings up Morris 70 yard run and him running against more stacked boxes (percentage wise) as proof of it, while claiming your not saying he’s a home run hitter, you probably do think Defenses are more scared of Zeke than Dak.. especially considering how hard your trying here..
So you're saying Romo wasn't important because Romo wasn't rested in preseason and the front office didn't care about him getting hurt. You're saying they had confidence Dak could lead them.

khiladi

Reaction score
If Zeke is basically putting up Jamal Lewis numbers I’m saying he’s not as great as you guys think. He does not deserve to be one of the highest paid RBs. Cowboys have gotten that with other RBs like Murray. Not sure why you can’t comprehend.

Confused.. so 2000 yards by Jamal Lewis aren’t great numbers?

uvaballa

Reaction score
Confused.. so 2000 yards by Jamal Lewis aren’t great numbers?
Has Zeke hit 2000? You mentioned his other seasons were where Zeke would have been. So based on that he’s a Lewis type RB.

khiladi

Reaction score
:huh: How is that being scared of Dak when they are daring him to beat them through the air?

He’s confused himself, he can’t even think straight. Apparently Morris is a home run hitter for running 70 yards once last year, but he didn’t score. And he only had 1 TD last year. And this is all supposedly some type of proof that Zeke isn’t a threat as a home run hitter despite taking it over 60 yards three times.

Aviano90

Go Seahawks!!!
Reaction score
:huh: How is that being scared of Dak when they are daring him to beat them through the air?
I'm not being serious. I've told him I am going to intentionally misinterpret his points, like he does to others.

khiladi

Reaction score
Has Zeke hit 2000? You mentioned his other seasons were where Zeke would have been. So based on that he’s a Lewis type RB.

So not sure what your point is.. Zeke had over 1600 yards his rookie year, playing 15 games, led the league in yards against stacked boxes and gained a majority of his yardage over 1000 on first down. He had 931 in ten games last year and six games, he could have easily hit at minimum 1300.

If Jamal Lewis averaged 2000 yards a season his career, he’d be the greatest RB to ever set foot on the FB field most likely.

AP didn’t rush for 2000 yards every season and had multiple seasons similar to Zeke last year.

What are you trying to argue? That Zeke’s not good?

Zeke was drafted to play with Romo, not Dak. Nobody expected him to carry a scrub QB.

None of these RBs, including a generational one like AP could overcome horrible QB play consistently, year in and year out.

Aviano90

Go Seahawks!!!
Reaction score
So not sure what your point is.. Zeke had over 1600 yards his rookie year, playing 15 games, led the league in yards against stacked boxes and gained a majority of his yardage over 1000 on first down. He had 931 in ten games last year and six games, he could have easily hit at minimum 1300.

If Jamal Lewis averaged 2000 yards a season his career, he’d be the greatest RB to ever set foot on the FB field most likely.

AP didn’t rush for 2000 yards every season and had multiple seasons similar to Zeke last year.

Zeke was drafted to play with Romo, not Dak. Nobody expected him to carry a scrub QB.
So Zeke can only be good if he played with Romo and he's only a scrub if he plays with a scrub QB? Basically you're saying we should have drafted Ramsey.

uvaballa

Reaction score

None of these RBs, including a generational one like AP could overcome horrible QB play consistently, year in and year out.
Zeke isn’t as good as you thought he was period. He’s only good if he has the best oline in the league and a great QB play.

khiladi

Reaction score
Zeke isn’t as good as you thought he was period. He’s only good if he has the best oline in the league and a great QB play.

Neither is Adrian Peterson then.. Nor Charles his first five years..

Explain to me how rushing over 1000 yards on first down and being ranked first against stacked boxes is a result of great QB play?

Aviano90

Go Seahawks!!!
Reaction score

Explain to me how rushing over 1000 yards on first down and being ranked first against stacked boxes is a result of great QB play?
He rushed for less than a 1000 yards last year and now you are claiming he rushed for over 1,000 on 1st downs alone. Are you saying he lost yardage on 2nd and 3rd downs and we should have brought in Rod Smith?

uvaballa

Reaction score

Well he did have excellent QB play which you’ve said he needs. So maybe that’s why.

You’re also contradicting yourself very much lol. So Zeke was great against stacked boxes in 2016? So why can’t he do that now then? He’s the same guy correct?

khiladi

Reaction score
He rushed for less than a 1000 yards last year and now you are claiming he rushed for over 1,000 on 1st downs alone. Are you saying he lost yardage on 2nd and 3rd downs and we should have brought in Rod Smith?

Clearly that’s what I was talking about.. your cute.. keep playing your games..

kevm3

Reaction score
Well he did have excellent QB play which you’ve said he needs. So maybe that’s why.

You’re also contradicting yourself very much lol. So Zeke was great against stacked boxes in 2016? So why can’t he do that now then? He’s the same guy correct?

That's what's laughable to me. These same guys scream that Zeke MADE the offense in 2016. Did they respect Dak's noodle arm in 2016?