Dak is not a Franchise QB

khiladi

Reaction score
Have I posted in the past 2 hours? No. You have no idea what I’m saying although I’ve explained it to you several times. Somehow you think you prove a point because when I said JG has been neutered as a HC because I can’t come up with three brothers in the exact same position as the Garrett brothers that are employed by the same team. That’s absolutely ridiculous!

Do you even know that JG personally hired them or was it Jerry because hires lots of former players and is close with the family? Even if he did personally hire them you are laughable when you act like their positions were so much more important than position coaches or OC’s and DC’s that were mentioned in the article.

And for the 5th time you’ve ignored my question on the shotgun approach but you call me out for something as irrelevant and not exactly identical as the JG brother family comparison which doesn’t have anything to do with the original argument. Go to bed little boy.

Where has Jerry hired former players and their family members and given them ALL SIGNIFICANT positions on the team?

This is a lot of evading.. So the reality is, you have no proof to your original claims and your just blowing hot air.

So how has Jerry neutered Jason when he made him the HC of America’s team and gave him total power over the offense, when Garrett had no experience coaching? Why did he allow Garrett to bring in Houck and guys like Dooley and even tolerated Garrett interfering with Callahan when Jerry made him play caller? Why did he ask Garrett if he wanted Felix Jones and drafted him when Wade said Johnson was better? Why did Jerry leverage a whole draft to get Garrett a second WR in Roy Williams for his ailing offense? Why did Jerry squash the idea of Wade bringing in Dan Reeves to basically babysit Jason Garrett?

Garrett didn’t allow Romo in game planning meetings when they went shotgun 85%.. how hard is that to grasp? How are you sitting there trying to tell me I ignored the question when you haven’t even addressed this basic point that Garrett was the playcaller and had total control of the offense..

“Little boy”, you are the one that’s delusional and haven’t answered anything while claiming you did..

Zman5

Reaction score
Same goes for Zeke . Other than his rookie year, not a franchise rb.

It's funny how people are piling on Dak but not Zeke. Zeke had a horrible game. Watching All-22, he missed several plays where he could have big gains by hitting the wrong hole. Also, he got tackled easily by a DB few times. His blocking was bad too.

Dak played bad and deserves all the crap he is getting this week but you think a 4th pick overall RB who also played bad would get criticized much more by the media and the fans.

JDSmith

Reaction score
It's funny how people are piling on Dak but not Zeke. Zeke had a horrible game. Watching All-22, he missed several plays where he could have big gains by hitting the wrong hole. Also, he got tackled easily by a DB few times. His blocking was bad too.

Dak played bad and deserves all the crap he is getting this week but you think a 4th pick overall RB who also played bad would get criticized much more by the media and the fans.

Well he had how many snaps in the preseason? The coaches felt he didn't need any, because what could possibly go wrong.

I expect a much better Zeke this week, now that he's gotten his first preseason action out of the way and knocked some of the rust off. I expect the same for Dak, I just don't think his ceiling is as high as Zeke's.

And the only reason Zeke isn't getting killed by the fans and media is that there is a much more obvious target. If Dak had played well and Zeke sucked everyone would be on his back this week.

TheCount

Pixel Pusher
Reaction score

That'll happen to a RB when he does nearly nothing in preseason.

LACowboysFan1

Reaction score
LOL Wentz's team doesn't even need him to win a SB how good is he really? You want to talk about bus driving that's carson wentz. Wentz had a bad first year. It's his bad talent around him. They signed a bunch of FA to surround him with better talent than Dak has and he's all of a sudden a HOF QB. Crazy

Bus driver? Before he got hurt in 2017 he had 33 tds in 13 games, even if he hadn't play the last game that year, he was on pace for 38 td passes, a full 16 games he was on pace for 40. Romo's best year he had 36 in 16 games, and he wasn't considered a "bus driver".

And nobody is calling him a HOF quarterback, after less than 2 full seasons. You're exaggerating.

I don't like Wentz as a quarterback anymore than most Dallas fans, but like Dak, it's too early to say how good he is....

LACowboysFan1

Reaction score
Well he had how many snaps in the preseason? The coaches felt he didn't need any, because what could possibly go wrong.

I expect a much better Zeke this week, now that he's gotten his first preseason action out of the way and knocked some of the rust off. I expect the same for Dak, I just don't think his ceiling is as high as Zeke's.

And the only reason Zeke isn't getting killed by the fans and media is that there is a much more obvious target. If Dak had played well and Zeke sucked everyone would be on his back this week.

Good points.

Zeke had 15 carries in the game, FIFTEEN. And that after ZERO carries in the preseason, with a rookie guard and a backup center on the line. He missed the hole? How do we know he didn't go where the play was designed but the line blocked wrong? We don't. I submit it's far more likely he knows the plays better than Williams and Looney do. And there are good players on the other teams, so what if a cornerback tackled him, do people expect a running back to never get tackled?

Some people try so hard to find something, anything, no matter how far-fetched to complain about...

aria

Reaction score
Where has Jerry hired former players and their family members and given them ALL SIGNIFICANT positions on the team?

This is a lot of evading.. So the reality is, you have no proof to your original claims and your just blowing hot air.

So how has Jerry neutered Jason when he made him the HC of America’s team and gave him total power over the offense, when Garrett had no experience coaching? Why did he allow Garrett to bring in Houck and guys like Dooley and even tolerated Garrett interfering with Callahan when Jerry made him play caller? Why did he ask Garrett if he wanted Felix Jones and drafted him when Wade said Johnson was better? Why did Jerry leverage a whole draft to get Garrett a second WR in Roy Williams for his ailing offense? Why did Jerry squash the idea of Wade bringing in Dan Reeves to basically babysit Jason Garrett?

Garrett didn’t allow Romo in game planning meetings when they went shotgun 85%.. how hard is that to grasp? How are you sitting there trying to tell me I ignored the question when you haven’t even addressed this basic point that Garrett was the playcaller and had total control of the offense..

“Little boy”, you are the one that’s delusional and haven’t answered anything while claiming you did..
Seriously you need to learn how to read. Do you understand what the term HAS REDUCED means and how that applies to what I said? Apparently you don’t and it’s pointless even arguing with you because you don’t understand simple terminology and therefore don’t understand what I said.

Lol, your unbelievable. You say I’m evading a question that isn’t applicable to my argument and yet for the SIXTH time you haven’t told me what year this 85% shotgun approach was and what your thoughts were about the O line. Do you understand my question? I never asked about Romo being allowed in meetings, that’s completely irrelevant yet you keep pointing that out and claiming it answers my question.

I seriously don’t know if you’re illiterate, can’t comprehnd basic questions and/or the English language, are on drugs or alcohol, or perhaps you’re off your meds. You can point out all these neat little facts about JG but most of them have nothing to do with my comment that Jerry has NEUTERED and REDUCED his HC duties to almost nothing COMPARED to most OTHER HEAD COACHES. I specifically CAPITALIZED certain words for you to focus on and learn the meaning of before you respond. There’s not much more I can do for you at this point.

Cap12

Reaction score
Bus driver? Before he got hurt in 2017 he had 33 tds in 13 games, even if he hadn't play the last game that year, he was on pace for 38 td passes, a full 16 games he was on pace for 40. Romo's best year he had 36 in 16 games, and he wasn't considered a "bus driver".

And nobody is calling him a HOF quarterback, after less than 2 full seasons. You're exaggerating.

I don't like Wentz as a quarterback anymore than most Dallas fans, but like Dak, it's too early to say how good he is....
The OP is a big Dak fan, so I'm not sure you understood his point. I believe that he was comparing Wentz to a bus driver, not Dak.

The truth is that Dak is not as developed as you would like to see a guy who has started 33 games in this league to be. If you watch the "All 22" (where you can see the entire field) you'll see that he missed on a ton of open receivers and even if he had hit on two or three of these plays it would have been a different game. I think you can chalk some of it up to rust, but his reads seemed slow. While the receivers weren't always open, they were open a lot more than they weren't. Dak simply did not see them or did not react quickly enough to catch them coming out of their breaks or even in stride. He often was fading back or dancing around, throwing off his back foot or on-the-run and seldom just planted and threw. This seriously affected his accuracy and ball placement. While he was under some pressure, he created bigger problems by frequently holding the ball too long or making the decision to run too late and getting sacked.

The narative that the Offense is too vanilla is wrong too. If getting that many open receivers is "vanilla", sign me up for that. If anything, the play design may be too complex for Dak for where his development is right now. Perhaps Linehan should go back to the cutdown playbook he used for Dak in 2016.

Hennessy_King

Reaction score
The OP is a big Dak fan, so I'm not sure you understood his point. I believe that he was comparing Wentz to a bus driver, not Dak.

The truth is that Dak is not as developed as you would like to see a guy who has started 33 games in this league to be. If you watch the "All 22" (where you can see the entire field) you'll see that he missed on a ton of open receivers and even if he had hit on two or three of these plays it would have been a different game. I think you can chalk some of it up to rust, but his reads seemed slow. While the receivers weren't always open, they were open a lot more than they weren't. Dak simply did not see them or did not react quickly enough to catch them coming out of their breaks or even in stride. He often was fading back or dancing around, throwing off his back foot or on-the-run and seldom just planted and threw. This seriously affected his accuracy and ball placement. While he was under some pressure, he created bigger problems by frequently holding the ball too long or making the decision to run too late and getting sacked.

The narative that the Offense is too vanilla is wrong too. If getting that many open receivers is "vanilla", sign me up for that. If anything, the play design may be too complex for Dak for where his development is right now. Perhaps Linehan should go back to the cutdown playbook he used for Dak in 2016.
Im a dak fan. But his performance sunday was so bad if it continues through the rest of the year we need a qb in the draft.

Hennessy_King

Reaction score

Ppl were saying he's mvp blah blah blah. But his team had no rushing tds in the beginning of the year when their defense was giving him short fields constantly. I mean we wouldn't know what it's like to give our offense a short field. That's why he didn't have a ton of passing yards but alot of tds. Everytime they got close, he was throwing the ball.

Rayman70

Reaction score
Dak will never by Dynamic like Rodgers,but he is good. He's more than capable of driving the bus. He is OUR franchise QB until he isn't. I support whomever our QB is.

LACowboysFan1

Reaction score

The truth is that Dak is not as developed as you would like to see a guy who has started 33 games in this league to be. If you watch the "All 22" (where you can see the entire field) you'll see that he missed on a ton of open receivers and even if he had hit on two or three of these plays it would have been a different game. I think you can chalk some of it up to rust, but his reads seemed slow. Whiel the receivers weren't always open, they were open a lot more than they weren't. Dak simply did not see them or did not react quickly enough to catch them coming out of their breaks or even in stride. He often was fading back or dancing around, throwing off his back foot or on-the-run and seldom just planted and threw. While he was under some pressure, he created bigger problems by frequently holding the ball too long or making the decision to run too late and getting sacked.

The narative that the Offense is too vanilla is wrong too. If getting that many open receivers is "vanilla", sing me up for that. If anything, the play design may be too complex for Dak for where his development is right now. Perhaps Linehan should go back to the cutdown playbook he used for Dak in 2016.

See my comment "Before he got hurt in 2017 he had 33 tds in 13 games...". That was Wentz I was talking about. I didn't mention Dak at all in my post #587. Not sure I understand your above comment I put in bold.

But you are right to some degree, after starting only 10 games in 2006, Romo threw 36 td passes and beat the at-the-time undefeated Cots, who if memory serves went on to win the SB that year. But he "missed a ton of open receivers"? He completed 65.5% of his passes, that's a very good percentage, over the course of a season that's better than Matt Ryan, Aaron Rodgers, Kurt Cousins and Phillip Rivers did in 2017.

But I know, you'll say "but it was key passes he missed, making a lot of easy throws helped his percentage". The only thing is that a "ton" of open receivers just isn't there based on the numbers, he only missed 10 passes total...

Cowboysfan917

Reaction score

“On pace” is a nonexistent stat. If a qb throws 5 touchdowns in week 1, he’s on pace for 80 touchdowns... it matters where you actually finish.

LACowboysFan1

Reaction score
Dak will never by Dynamic like Rodgers,but he is good. He's more than capable of driving the bus. He is OUR franchise QB until he isn't. I support whomever our QB is.
Yes, and what's so bad about being a bus driver? Is the only way to win SBs throwing for 45 tds and 5,000 yards? Of course not. In 2015 Payton Manning, in 10 games, threw only 9 td passes, with 17 ints, yet the Broncos won the SB.

Maybe the Cowboys are trying to do what so many here want them to do - build a super defense and running game & use a "bus driver" to win SBs. In the last 5 drafts, the Cowboys drafted 27 defensive players vs. 17 offensive players, and 4 of those 17 were offensive linemen.

I know, we're all armchair general managers, the Cowboys never do it as "we" would do it. :laugh:

Last edited:

Rayman70

Reaction score
Yes, and what's so bad about being a bus driver? Is the only way to win SBs throwing for 45 tds and 5,000 yards? Of course not. In 2015 Payton Manning, in 10 games, threw only 9 td passes, with 17 ints, yet the Broncos won the SB.

Maybe the Cowboys are trying to do what so many here want them to do - build a super defense and running game & use a "bus driver" to win SBs. In the last 5 drafts, the Cowboys drafted 27 defensive players vs. 17 offensive players, and 4 of those 17 were offensive linemen.
exactly!!

Rayman70

Reaction score
Heck, if Eli Manning and Trent Dilfer can win a ring,so can Dak...and I KNOW without doubt, Dak is better than both dudes.

LACowboysFan1

Reaction score
Come to think of it, might be a better strategy to go the bus driver route, just ask the teams that drafted Ryan Leaf, Vince Young, RG III, Johnny Manziel, E J Manuel, Brandon Weeden, Jake Locker and Tim Tebow. All first round picks, all busts. Seems far easier to draft a bus driver than a top quarterback..