1. I am excited to announce the launch of ...
    NEWS and RUMORS is a powerful and versatile news and content search engine and reader that provides access to content from a large variety of sites.

NEWS and RUMORS does not track individual users and uses a password-less login system so only an email address is required to login.

Once logged in, you can add your favorite content feeds and searches to your Favorites list, bookmark content you want to read later, and find a lot of global, national and local content on a variety of topics.

Dismiss Notice

Dak is not getting the credit he deserves

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by DasSchnitzel, Jan 18, 2020.

1. PAPPYDOG

PAPPYDOG "It was a catchable pass" Zone Supporter

7,963 Messages
    11,205 Likes Received
    Yep, nothing changing but the weather!
    Jerry Kept Moore to have a scapegoat when Dak STINKS it up again and again and again!!
    FG anyone?

2. PAPPYDOG

7,963 Messages
    11,205 Likes Received
    LOL now I've heard it all.....Go watch basketball bud trust me here!!!

Philmonroe and morat1959 like this.
  3. CalPolyTechnique

CalPolyTechnique Well-Known Member

13,876 Messages
    20,379 Likes Received
    Yeah, but he almost threw for 5,000 yards

Philmonroe likes this.
  4. PAPPYDOG

7,963 Messages
    11,205 Likes Received
    :hammer:

Dak is GREAT! Man please he whips on the Giants and Skins every year what else you want???

5. IslandCowboy

IslandCowboy Member

73 Messages
    43 Likes Received
    Dak's receivers dropped a bunch of balls, the o line is a shell of itself, Zeke was very inconsistent, Amari is a 4th stringer on the road, our defense is trash and we had terrible starting field position all year. Not sure any of that can be disputed.

That's a lot for any QB to overcome and the fact he managed to have success still at least statistically is impressive.

6. Aviano90

Aviano90 Go Seahawks!!!

9,900 Messages
    14,389 Likes Received
    Well, continue being triggered!
    Hey, remember when Romo missed a wide open Terrell Owens in the red zone against the Giants in 2007 which should have given us a 21-14 lead? Doubt it but I bet you remember Crayton dropping a 3rd down pass.

PA Cowboy Fan likes this.
  7. DallasEast

DallasEast Cowboys 24/7/365 Moderator

42,791 Messages
    25,826 Likes Received
    Defense Attorney: You review threads and posts as a CowboysZone moderator. Is that correct?
    DallasEast: That is correct.
    Defense Attorney: Do you, as someone with a unique perspective of threads and posts created on the site, believe Dakota Prescott receives zero credit for his statistics?
    DallasEast: No. Quite frankly, it is the opposite. Members have expressed a notable amount of credit for Prescott statistical achievements.
    Defense Attorney: Do you think some CowboysZone members ignore or exaggerate what is posted by their fellow members?
    Prosecutor: Objection your honor! Subjective!
    Judge: Sustained.
    Defense Attorney: I have no further questions for this witness your honor.
    Judge: Very well. The prosecution can call the next witness.
    Prosecutor: The prosecution rests your honor. We tried to subpoena @BrAinPaiNt , one of the last witness' fellow staff members, but he was unavailable in the backwoods being sexy.
    Judge: Let it be noted in the record. (2 second pause) After carefully deliberation, I find the claim that Dakota Prescott receives zero credit for his statistics on the fansite CowboysZone.com, YOU'RE IN THE ZONE!, as false. Case dismissed.

[Click here for appropriate ending theme music]

[​IMG]
    I really hate that guy!

Philmonroe and Beaker42 like this.
  8. Beaker42

Beaker42 Well-Known Member

4,151 Messages
    3,578 Likes Received
    How’s he do in meaningful games? I’ll hang up and listen.

He’s a guy who gets going when the games out of reach, at least this season. Don’t know if it’s him, his offensive players or the play calling. He needs to figure it out on his tag this coming season. NO WAY do I lock him into a long term contract.

9. BoysForLife

BoysForLife Well-Known Member

3,894 Messages
    5,245 Likes Received
    Triggered? Dude honestly I'm enjoying watching you make a horses rear end of yourself while convincing yourself that your proving some point.

:lmao2:

Philmonroe, morat1959 and PAPPYDOG like this.
  10. America's Cowboy

America's Cowboy Well-Known Member

10,768 Messages
    15,779 Likes Received
    Jerry is right about Dak. The whole administration agrees about Dak. The previous coaching staff agreed on Dak, and so does this new one. So does Bill Belichick and most other NFL coaches. You little groupies are the ones who are wrong and too stubborn to admit it.

11. ABQCOWBOY

ABQCOWBOY Regular Joe....

53,005 Messages
    20,882 Likes Received
    But this assumes the criteria each posters works off of is uniformed. It's not.

As example, an employee of a Company, lets say a sales person, sells a thousand widgets, 150 more then the next guy. That's a good year according to his manager but the owner looks at this and says, "the widgets are only worth $200.00 a piece, retail, at a 20% profit margin. So the sales person A, lets call it, basically sold $200,000.00 at Gross Profit of 40K for the year. Now, Sales people make, lets say, 20% on everything they sell. So the company actually makes 32K profit, before taxes and the Sales guy gets a base of, lets say 30K plus commission. By the time you factor in all of the taxes, the benefits costs, costs of facilities, costs for support staff etc., the company is at a net loss.

This is kinda how some fans view stats, with regards to team objectives. Doesn't matter how well you did if the end result is a failure of the overall goal. Now I'm not saying that this is how every fan should look at Dak's season but I am saying that I do kinda look at it in this light and not just for Dak, but for the entire team. Is it right? I don't know but I do know this, you can't tell me it's wrong either. That's how some look at this and it's hard for me to tell them they are wrong.

Last edited: Jan 19, 2020
  12. PAPPYDOG

7,963 Messages
    11,205 Likes Received
    :muttley::muttley::muttley::muttley::muttley::muttley:
    What else can we get for Dak for him to excel?
    :muttley::muttley::muttley::muttley::muttley::muttley::muttley:

Philmonroe likes this.
  13. Aviano90

Aviano90 Go Seahawks!!!

9,900 Messages
    14,389 Likes Received
    sure you are. The problem you have with me is that I am not that Romo hater who talks about golf, Jessica Simpson, Cabo, backwards hats, etc. I can actually point out how Romo had an accuracy issue which cost us big time in a game where people only want to blame Crayton for a loss. He was as accurate as Dak there. That’s got to sting.

PA Cowboy Fan and Qcard like this.
  14. BoysForLife

3,894 Messages
    5,245 Likes Received
    Jameis Winston threw for over 5,000 yards on a significantly worse team. But all I know is that we're supposed to think jameis Winston stinks

I'm just waiting for one of Dak's minions to tell me how I'm allowed to feel here. I desperately want to be part of the in crowd.....:laugh:

15. BoysForLife

3,894 Messages
    5,245 Likes Received
    Nope. It doesn't.

I am, however, enjoying listening to Tony in the booth. Always liked that guy. Seems to overachieve at everything he does

Hey, just curious, what do you think is Dak's best strength? What's something (other than some generic reference to "intangibles") that he does at an exceedingly high level?

Last edited: Jan 19, 2020
    Philmonroe likes this.
  16. Aviano90

Aviano90 Go Seahawks!!!

9,900 Messages
    14,389 Likes Received
    I used to love him. People like you ruined him for me. :laugh:

17. BoysForLife

3,894 Messages
    5,245 Likes Received
    So, a guy angrily alleging that people "hate" Dak for reasons that have "nothing to do with Dak", pridefully declares that his disdain for Romo has nothing to do with Romo

I see we've come full circle back to the classic "he started it" defense

Philmonroe likes this.
  18. shabazz

shabazz Well-Known Member

4,634 Messages
    7,907 Likes Received
    3 field goals and no TD’s in the single most important game of the seasons against the pathetic Eagles.

Cry us a river

Philmonroe, morat1959 and PAPPYDOG like this.
  19. ABQCOWBOY

ABQCOWBOY Regular Joe....

53,005 Messages
    20,882 Likes Received
    It's interesting how people quantify success. I mean, 4900 plus yards is success in some peoples eyes. Yet we were 8-8.

Winston 5109 yds, 7-9
    Dak 4902, 8-8
    Goff 4638, 9-7
    Rivers 4615, 5-11
    Ryan 4466, 7-8

It's interesting that all of the top passers in the NFL, yards wise, had poor seasons, team wise. I quantify poor as not making the playoffs. I think the NFL might be changing again and moving back to where it always should have been, IMO, which is balance on Offense. At least I hope this is what this means.

20. nightrain

nightrain Since 1971

6,576 Messages
    10,852 Likes Received
    No credit here. Money players only.