Dak is not getting the credit he deserves

percyhoward

Research Tool
Reaction score
Thoughts?
If you go on record as hating the QB, you'll almost always have something to feel good about -- win or lose. Your team wins, all is right with the world. Your team loses, it's the QB's fault. You always said he was a bum, so you were right, and the loss doesn't sting so bad now.

It's a win-win, and it works with coaches and owners as well as QB.

It's got to be a self-preservation thing, because there's no way that many people are that dense.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
You know what's sad?

All of the anti-Dakers and their daily Dak bashing comments aren't going to mean a thing when Dak gets his new big contract with the Cowboys very soon. All of this hate for what? To ultimately be so wrong about Dak? Sad.

You can lead a horse to water, but you can't force the horse to drink.

nobody

Reaction score
You know what's sad?

All of the anti-Dakers and their daily Dak bashing comments aren't going to mean a thing when Dak gets his new big contract with the Cowboys very soon. All of this hate for what? To ultimately be so wrong about Dak? Sad.

You can lead a horse to water, but you can't force the horse to drink.

A contract does not a success make. His ultimate success or failure will be determined by his play. I think he'll be just fine, but just saying him getting a contract is victory is not correct at all. :)

nobody

Reaction score
That's exactly how the Romolovers acted for years on the old forums.

Not really, and again, you have to bring up Romo when this is about Dak. I think someone is still obsessed.

You use the exact same defense for Dak that you poo pooed when they used them for Romo. Romo was a good QB. Dak is a good QB. They both have/had their flaws, but both improve(d) over time.

But those flaws are just something some people can't get past. It is what it is.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
A contract does not a success make. His ultimate success or failure will be determined by his play. I think he'll be just fine, but just saying him getting a contract is victory is not correct at all. :)
It is correct against the anti-Dakers who keep saying Dak is not going to get a new big contract or worthy of it. In whose eyes? Theirs? Who are they? Not the Jones or Cowboys organization thankfully. Funny because I don't see anywhere as close to this much Dak hate anywhere else on the webs as I do here. Says a lot. Very sad.

Last edited:

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
If you go on record as hating the QB, you'll almost always have something to feel good about -- win or lose. Your team wins, all is right with the world. Your team loses, it's the QB's fault. You always said he was a bum, so you were right, and the loss doesn't sting so bad now.

It's a win-win, and it works with coaches and owners as well as QB.

It's got to be a self-preservation thing, because there's no way that many people are that dense.
It’s some kind of mental disease.

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
Here me out before clicking reply and calling me "delusional" or "stupid" or any of the other things said to everyone trying to be positive on here.

There have only been 12 different 5000 yard passing seasons, a mark Dak barely missed. He did however put up the 21st highest yard total in league history and only gets hate for it.

He gets a lot of hate around here for "garbage time" stats. I disagree with this notion.

Dak got a lot of garbage time stats, yes. I contend that this is true for every QB, even those 5k seasons. You cant tell me that every one of Manning's record 5477 yards was meaningful. Every year, every QB has garbage time stats and good stats in losing games. It's always true.

But no one discredits Bree's multiple 5k yard campaigns, even though much of it came in the form of blow outs in garbage time, for example.

Basically, this board wants to give no credit to Dak for his stats and I think that's dumb. Garbage time or not, he earned those yards, and thats why he has them. People are just angry that his stats happened in an 8-8 season, as though Dak is to blame for a useless special teams and an underachieving defense. If we had won 10 games, suddenly everyone's perception would be more kind.

Thoughts?
For someone that just missed out on 5,000 yards passing, he should have been able to manage more than 8 wins. It's a team sport so it's not all his fault but he still should be getting more wins. He is making progress as a QB and Big Mike should be able to take Dak to the next level. I really don't care how other fans disrespect Dak because they don't matter. Everyone has the right to give their opinion, some opinions just matter more than others.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
Not really, and again, you have to bring up Romo when this is about Dak. I think someone is still obsessed.

You use the exact same defense for Dak that you poo pooed when they used them for Romo. Romo was a good QB. Dak is a good QB. They both have/had their flaws, but both improve(d) over time.

But those flaws are just something some people can't get past. It is what it is.
Uhhh, remember, I supported Romo overall, especially in the very beginning and mostly during his last few years. Too bad he went Hollywood and got involved with that limelight seeking headache. Waste of his prime years. By the time Romo mentally "got it", his body was breaking down. That's all a fact. So glad Dak is not committing the same mistakes. If he did, I would be blasting him. You only get 1 chance at life, much less playing and starring for the Dallas Cowboys. Don't waste it.

Last edited:

nobody

Reaction score
It is correct against the anti-Dakers who keep saying Dak is not going to get a new big contract or worthy of it. In whose eyes? Theirs? Who are they? Not the Jones or Cowboys organization thankfully. Funny because I don't see anywhere as close to this much Dak hate anywhere else on the webs as I do here. Says a lot. Very sad.

We saw the exact same thing with Romo, dude. At least on the other board. I'm not sure about here. Dak will prove them wrong on the field or he won't. I believe he will.