Dak is not good against good teams

khiladi

Reaction score
Which is what you want.
The team couldn't finish the job from top to bottom, but they put up a good fight.

I'm not into moral whatevers, but the team showed up and now we shall see if this game was a 1st-game-of-the-season fluke, or that this team can hang with the best.

They definitely played much better than I thought. This was in my view Dak’s best game as a Cowboys, especially coming off the injury, but I still attribute a lot of that to what Bowles was doing, rushing an extra man pretty much the whole game whole getting no pressure, leaving Amari in 1 on 1 without safety help against a banged up secondary, while our OL was stifling there DL. This OL performance was like the Rams, 2019 game where even AD didn’t sniff the backfield. TB went zone really late in the game which was way too late.

Plus, if 2019 is any indicator, we start fast and fail around game 4. TB started off slow last year as well.

I’m not sure we can hang with the best of them. But it all depends again on our QB play, because the offense is loaded. Though the Collins suspension most likely changed things, even though Zach is coming back.

Corso

Offseason mode... sleepy time
Reaction score
They definitely played much better than I thought. This was in my view Dak’s best game as a Cowboys, especially coming off the injury, but I still attribute a lot of that to what Bowles was doing, rushing an extra man pretty much the whole game whole getting no pressure, leaving Amari in 1 on 1 without safety help against a banged ip secondary, while our OL was stifling there DL. This OL performance was like the Rams, 2019 game where even AD didn’t sniff the backfield. TB went zone really late in the game which was way too late.

Plus, if 2019 is any indicator, we start fast and fail around game 4. TB starter off slow last year.
TB also was learning a new offense last year, to be fair.
But I do agree with your assessment of Bowles being stubborn with a game plan that wasn't working against the Cowboys game plan.

All we can do is be witness to the team's future endeavors and hope for the best.

khiladi

Reaction score
TB also was learning a new offense last year, to be fair.
But I do agree with your assessment of Bowles being stubborn with a game plan that wasn't working against the Cowboys game plan.

All we can do is be witness to the team's future endeavors and hope for the best.

One thing for sure is the impact of Smith and Collins is definitely felt with their return this year. And if Zach comes back and Collins suspensions is successfully challenged, we should win the East easily.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
I don't care what you think, Rocky. You have a clear agenda. You've talked more about Dak than you have anything else. You have TWO threads in the Overtime Zone right now dedicated solely to Dak's play Thursday. TWO, because one wasn't enough. You're going back and commenting on things from weeks ago with your "I told ya so's". You might have a few of these others here fooled, but not me.

You're happy with the "moral victories" and merely competing. So, to be completely honest, I wouldn't want someone like you with that attitude on my team anyways. My team don't do participation trophies. You enjoy yours though with you're "We'll get em next time" mentality. If you don't like my mentality then that means I'm doing something right.

Remember, Moral victories and "I told ya so"s" are for losers.
I don’t believe in moral victories so quit with that ****. I believe in proving you Dak haters wrong because you are and have been so, so wrong. Even after he went toe to toe with the GOAT and outplayed him you still refuse to say you were wrong about Dak. Sure you said he played great this game but “I’m not changing my mind over 1 game”. And you want to talk about an agenda?

Corso

Offseason mode... sleepy time
Reaction score
One thing for sure is the impact of Smith and Collins is definitely felt with their return this year. And if Zach comes back and Collins suspensions is successfully challenged, we should win the East easily.
I don't count chickens before they hatch, but the expectations are about the same.
Too many unknowns right now. I'm looking at the WFT and thinking they just might have the balance to take it.

I don't deal with absolutes. Too many variables and football throws the biggest curveballs with injuries and suspensions.

khiladi

Reaction score
I don't count chickens before they hatch, but the expectations are about the same.
Too many unknowns right now. I'm looking at the WFT and thinking they just might have the balance to take it.

I don't deal with absolutes. Too many variables and football throws the biggest curveballs with injuries and suspensions.

Ryan Fitzpatrick will look like the GOAT for three games and then end up tossing 4 INTs the next three games, and by the end of the season he’ll be benched. That’s RF for you.

But apparently WFT philosophy is to build around the QB they have and whom they believe in.

MountaineerCowboy

Reaction score
I don’t believe in moral victories so quit with that ****. I believe in proving you Dak haters wrong because you are and have been so, so wrong. Even after he went toe to toe with the GOAT and outplayed him you still refuse to say you were wrong about Dak. Sure you said he played great this game but “I’m not changing my mind over 1 game”. And you want to talk about an agenda?
You admitted that Zeke didn't play the way you expect him to play. Is your mind changed about him after one game?

MountaineerCowboy

Reaction score
Nice try. Actually horrible try. I said I expected Zeke to have a big game AGAINST THE BUCS.
Answer the question. I'll ask again., Don't run from it, Rocky.

You admitted that Zeke didn't play the way you expect him to play. Is your mind changed about him after one game?

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
Answer the question. I'll ask again., Don't run from it, Rocky.

Not playing your stupid game. I said I thought Zeke would have a big game AGAINST THE BUCS. Ive always though he was a top 5 back. Just like I’ve always thought Dak was a top 10 QB and moving up. Which he has.

MountaineerCowboy

Reaction score
Not playing your stupid game. I said I thought Zeke would have a big game AGAINST THE BUCS. Ive always though he was a top 5 back. Just like I’ve always thought Dak was a top 10 QB and moving up. Which he has.
So, you're saying one game didn't change your mind, right?

Okay, just checking.

I'm still 95% sold on Dak right now. One great played game doesn't change my mind either way. The same way as if he played bad it wouldn't have changed my mind in the other direction.

I'm glad we're on the same page.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
So, you're saying one game didn't change your mind, right?

Okay, just checking.

I'm still 95% sold on Dak right now. One great played game doesn't change my mind either way. The same way as if he played bad it wouldn't have changed my mind in the other direction.

I'm glad we're on the same page.
No McFLy. Zeke had only 11 carries because of the game plan McFly.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
What's that have to do with anything?

You think the same about Zeke as I do about Dak. One great game or one bad game doesn't change everything, right?
Exactly. Both have proved over their careers that they are elite. The fact you don’t see it with Dak, indicates your knowledge about football. Which is non-existent obviously.

jnday

Reaction score
Who’s happy about it? Show me where someone who has said they happy about the lost. You won’t find anyone. You will find plenty who were happy about Dak playing at such an elite level after comeback from such a gruesome injury. And you will find plenty of posters who are NOT happy about that.
Really? I have not seen the first poster that was unhappy with a Dak’s play. You are delusional when it comes to fans that don’t get giddy when posting about Dak. Why does other fan’s opinions of Dak bother you so much? We certainly don’t care about your opinion concerning Dak.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
Really? I have not seen the first poster that was unhappy with a Dak’s play. You are delusional when it comes to fans that don’t get giddy when posting about Dak. Why does other fan’s opinions of Dak bother you so much? We certainly don’t care about your opinion concerning Dak.
Troll. I said no ones happy about the loss. No one is. You haters are certainly unhappy with Dak’s play.

MountaineerCowboy

Reaction score
Exactly. Both have proved over their careers that they are elite. The fact you don’t see it with Dak, indicates your knowledge about football. Which is non-existent obviously.
I don't know football say's the guy that admittedly thought Zeke was going to have a big game against the best rushing defense in the NFL while missing Zack Martin.

We can both be wrong about our predictions without the childish insults, Rocky.

jnday

Reaction score
It really doesn’t matter how obnoxious you are, we still don’t have to like or dislike players based on your views. You are not credible or capable enough to force your opinions on other posters.

MountaineerCowboy

Reaction score
Check the Overtime Zone. Rocky's had not one, but two Dak praise threads moved over there since Thursday lol