Dak is not good against good teams

CowboyFrog

Reaction score
im just saying. it should go both ways. so many of you roasted Romo for never getting the Cowboys to the promise land. but all i hear are excuses why Dak hasnt. lets be fair.

again, most sane people know Romo played good QB, you wont get an argument from me on that.....but bringing Romo into 90% of the Dak discussions doesn't make any point, you want to hold Dak to winning no matter what the situation, thats fine and its your right as a fan. Romo has no dog in that fight so no need to use him as an example..

Last edited:

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Without Martin we're going to be pretty weak up the middle frankly. Biadasz, Williams and McGovern are smaller and younger so Moore is going to have to call some running plays NOT between the A & B gaps. Some good old fashioned student body left and right with guards pulling and receivers sealing off the backers would seem like the way to go. Get Zeke out one on one against cornerbacks and take our chances...
Dig.

I'm hoping Moore has the same proactive insight as you....i am guarded at this point.

SlammedZero

Reaction score
Your "trash time" bunk has been debunked several times earlier this year. Let it go. Go find someone else to hate on. You sound silly.
LOL Seriously I hate the "trash time" argument. Are QBs just suppose to give up and start throwing the football into the ground because it's "trash time"? lol I wonder how many fans go through and debate how many "trash time" stats Brady has?

CowboyFrog

Reaction score
LOL Seriously I hate the "trash time" argument. Are QBs just suppose to give up and start throwing the football into the ground because it's "trash time"? lol I wonder how many fans go through and debate how many "trash time" stats Brady has?

Its crazy I dont want players who give up, I want the ones who go till the last whistle...there is no Garbage time in the NFL....

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
im just saying. it should go both ways. so many of you roasted Romo for never getting the Cowboys to the promise land. but all i hear are excuses why Dak hasnt. lets be fair.
That's a tall order round these parts.

You can create a thread blaming wide receivers....but do the same for a certain other player and get blasted.

Some of the people that blasted Tony object to dak getting it.

Let's be fair and let all have their voice without childish insults.

LACowboysFan1

Reaction score
It's a team effort. When & if every player does their job, the team will click. Moore needs to call good plays, receivers need to stop dropping passes & the OL needs to protect their quarterback.

Thanks for letting us know what the team needs to do, too bad we'll never see it as long as Jerry runs the team....

CWR

Reaction score
He's not going to win anything if the defense is going to keep giving up 36 points a game. This is like a guy driving on four flat tires complaining about his gas mileage and wondering if he needs a tune up.

Yes there has to be a minimum competency from the defense. That goes without saying in my opinion.

CWR

Reaction score
Bold prediction alert!

Defense won't be as bad as last year.

You heard it here first!

:grin:

Nowhere to go but up! I think the coaching change alone makes a difference. We may not have been world beater before Nolan, but we weren't that terrible. Sprinkle in some Parsons and the other young guys and maybe we climb up to a solid defense.

HungryLion

Reaction score
Its crazy I dont want players who give up, I want the ones who go till the last whistle...there is no Garbage time in the NFL....

It’s all BS anyway because the cowboys fought back into each of the games.

We are supposed to believe that other teams just coasted and stopped playing because they had a couple touchdown lead with entire halves of football to play? Dumb.

RonnieT24

Reaction score
use their size to our advantage, pull them and stretch zones etc
Yes maybe we get that interior moving side to side then do some counters up the middle...crazy coaching stuff.

Exactly... Let's find out how many times the 350 pound guy in the middle can chase plays wide before he needs oxygen. Aside from Barrett and Veia all the guys on the front are old. And Barrett is light in the shorts to be matched against Collins and JPP's only hope to do damage against Tyron is if hope for the neck to act up on him. Off tackle needs to be our target.. and make sure you go block David and White.. which is easier said than done but I like Schultz to pick off at east one of them.. If Moore calls another game like we saw against some of the other d-lines that have whupped us in the past like Minny and the Saints a couple of years ago, I swear I will drive up to Frisco and whup his arse myself. The "pass pass pass pass oh wait I need a run .. let's run one up the middle then back to pass pass pass" gameplan needs to retire.. forever..

RonnieT24

Reaction score
Yes there has to be a minimum competency from the defense. That goes without saying in my opinion.

If it went without saying some guy would nor be posting that a guy who had a passer rating above 100 while passing for over 400 yards a game against the three playoff teams he faced last year was "not good" against those teams. We all know Dak needs to be better.. but the difference between where Dak was playing and where we want him to go is maybe a few feet apart.. while the difference between where the defense was playing and where we NEED them to go is several miles.. yet people spend WAY more time worrying about the few feet we need from Dak as opposed to the 25 mile gap we need from the defense. The fact of the matter is that even if Dak does improve to the point where he is completing 75% of his passes, committing zero turnovers and passing for 450 yards a game we're still going to lose more than we win if the defense gives up 36 points per game..

WillieBeamen

BoysfanfromNY
Reaction score
Any non-biased homer could see this

This is yet another reason that this team wont win anything with him as the QB