Dak is not good against good teams

Qcard

Reaction score
Dak Prescott: Record against winning teams

Dak Prescott took over as the Dallas Cowboys quarterback after being drafted by the team in 2016. He got an opportunity for an injured Tony Romo that turned into a long-term gig. Prescott has been a very good quarterback for the Cowboys despite the lack of team success that was expected.

Let’s take a look at how many times the Dallas Cowboys won games against teams with a winning record with Dak Prescott as their starting quarterback.

I started to dive into this stat for every quarterback because the new hot argument is to say that a certain quarterback didn’t beat anyone good. I often see people use this argument to say players like Kirk Cousins and Matthew Stafford are not good and just put up empty stats.

First off and most importantly, quarterback wins are a team statistic. Secondly, very few quarterbacks in the NFL have a winning record against teams who finished the season above .500 in the league.

See every QB’s record against winning teams

What is Dak Prescott’s record against winning teams?
Since entering the NFL in 2016, Dak Prescott is 13-20 (.393) against teams that finished the season with a winning record.

In 2020, Dak Prescott was 0-3 (.000) against winning teams as the starting quarterback.

• Rams (loss)
  • Seahawks (loss)
  • Browns (loss)
In 2019, Dak Prescott was 2-6 (.250) against winning teams as the starting quarterback.

• Saints (loss)
  • Packers (loss)
  • Eagles (win)
  • Vikings (loss)
  • Patriots (loss)
  • Bills (loss)
  • Rams (win)
  • Eagles (loss)
In 2018, Dak Prescott was 3-4 (.428) against winning teams as the starting quarterback.

• Seahawks (loss)
  • Texans (loss)
  • Titans (loss)
  • Eagles (win)
  • Saints (win)
  • Eagles (win)
  • Colts (loss)
What quarterbacks have a winning record against winning teams?
There are currently 6 active NFL quarterbacks with winning records against winning teams.

^^^^ The common denominator for these 6 QBs with winning records against winning teams? They have all been surrounded by good offenses and very good defenses.

You can digest that information on your own. The only thing I want you to take away from this is that it is extremely rare to have a winning record against teams that finished the season with a winning record.

https://sportsandfitnessdigest.com/dak-prescott-record-against-winning-teams/
You can also conclude Dak Haters are Pathetic..

They've been spewing this BS about winning teams..

Qcard

Reaction score
I know it's not just his fault but Dak's record against winning teams the past 3 years is not good.
He's 5-13 the past 3 seasons.
He threw for a lot of garbage stats in many of the losses and hasn't performed at a top level.
For a 4th round pick, he was given a lot of deference.
But now, he's compensated as a Top level QB and he is expected to perform as such and find a way to overcome deficiencies outside of his control.
The Top QB's tend to "find a way" and that's what will be expected of Dak.
I hope he can deliver.
Fear...Fear :laugh::laugh::laugh:

jday

Reaction score
I know it's not just his fault but Dak's record against winning teams the past 3 years is not good.
He threw for a lot of garbage stats in many of the losses and hasn't performed at a top level.
But now, he's compensated as a Top level QB and he is expected to perform as such and find a way to overcome deficiencies outside of his control.
I hope he can deliver.
Here is what is fascinating about this "QBs against good teams" argument. Good teams are generally determined to be that as a result of their win/loss ratio. And by defintion, every team has a bad record against them.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
same could be said when Romo was here. Play from QB is important but QB must rely on people around him executing their jobs as well. OL has to protect and WR have run the designed routs and get open then make the catch. No doubt poor QB play will get you beat quicker than anything but good QB play still requires people around you doing their jobs.
100% right. Romo went through the same stuff. Now I can sit here and believe that Eli Manning got 2 rings and he's a superior QB to guys like Romo and Dak.....but I refuse to. No one can tell me that Eli is good enough to win 2 rings but Romo and Dak aren't good enough to win even ONE or contend for one.

88sAndHeartbreak

Reaction score
Wow... This is one terrible thread. Dak's wins/losses against good team's is a tired point, that's been argued and debunked millions of times. Started by a person who historicly post these hot takes just to sit back, get likes and watch flamewars.

Then, the people who are "critical" of Dak show their cards and fall for it everytime... lol

It's the same thing every few weeks here, I've realized it, I hope yall do too.

Last edited:

plasticman

Reaction score
I hope he can deliver.
From 2016 to 2019, the Cowboys were 13-17 against teams with a winning record placing them 9th among the 32 teams in the NFL.

The Cowboys were 9-14 against teams that made the playoffs that season. This was 8th best in the NFL.

Dak Prescott was the starting QB in every one of those games

Dak Prescott plays great against winning teams.

Romo_To_Dez

Reaction score
LOL Seriously I hate the "trash time" argument. Are QBs just suppose to give up and start throwing the football into the ground because it's "trash time"? lol I wonder how many fans go through and debate how many "trash time" stats Brady has?

Is it also considered "trash" or "garbage" time when other QBs put up big stats and scores during the 2nd half, when their team is behind. Or does this logic only apply to Dak? Because it could be early in the 3rd quarter and the Anti-Dak crowd will still count any numbers he puts up as "garbage time" stats. Yet, I'm sure that if it was a QB they favored or liked, they would be giving him credit for not giving up and making a great comeback effort.

CowboyFrog

Reaction score
From 2016 to 2019, the Cowboys were 13-17 against teams with a winning record placing them 9th among the 32 teams in the NFL.

The Cowboys were 9-14 against teams that made the playoffs that season. This was 8th best in the NFL.

Dak Prescott was the starting QB in every one of those games

Dak Prescott plays great against winning teams.

Facts do not register with some....

FiveSuperBowls

Reaction score
I hope he can deliver.
Don’t remind me…, but now Garrett is gone so he should, oh wait Jerry is still here…

CWR

Reaction score
If it went without saying some guy would nor be posting that a guy who had a passer rating above 100 while passing for over 400 yards a game against the three playoff teams he faced last year was "not good" against those teams. We all know Dak needs to be better.. but the difference between where Dak was playing and where we want him to go is maybe a few feet apart.. while the difference between where the defense was playing and where we NEED them to go is several miles.. yet people spend WAY more time worrying about the few feet we need from Dak as opposed to the 25 mile gap we need from the defense. The fact of the matter is that even if Dak does improve to the point where he is completing 75% of his passes, committing zero turnovers and passing for 450 yards a game we're still going to lose more than we win if the defense gives up 36 points per game..

I should preface that. It goes without saying for RATIONAL individuals. You're preaching to the choir.

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
wait... we never made these types of excuses for Romo.. plus Romo never really got to play behind a all world oline either. hrmm.. makes you think
This is just completely false. Romo was afforded tons of excuses. Kind of like the one you just used.

rnr_honeybadger

Reaction score
Problem is, the last few years our defense was bad. So every mistake he makes is magnified and he’s basically asked to play a perfect game.

Better defense (Parsons) should help level this out

Never saw a defense get better with the addition of one guy.

blueblood70

Reaction score
Exactly... Let's find out how many times the 350 pound guy in the middle can chase plays wide before he needs oxygen. Aside from Barrett and Veia all the guys on the front are old. And Barrett is light in the shorts to be matched against Collins and JPP's only hope to do damage against Tyron is if hope for the neck to act up on him. Off tackle needs to be our target.. and make sure you go block David and White.. which is easier said than done but I like Schultz to pick off at east one of them.. If Moore calls another game like we saw against some of the other d-lines that have whupped us in the past like Minny and the Saints a couple of years ago, I swear I will drive up to Frisco and whup his arse myself. The "pass pass pass pass oh wait I need a run .. let's run one up the middle then back to pass pass pass" gameplan needs to retire.. forever..
i have a suspicion Moore was schooled of this wit an actual offseason and MM got to witness that last season..MM hopefully made some requests for more balanced attack and scheme better run plays into dr pass happy..