Dak is not good against good teams

CowboyFrog

Reaction score
What's going to change? Dak gets bigger paychecks so .... _______? Please explain to me how his paycheck changes what happens on the field..

Ronnie you have not heard....in Cowboy fan land we do not like our players that get paid

But we covet the ones we do not pay and they go to other teams.....

RonnieT24

Reaction score
Ronnie you have not heard....in Cowboy fan land we do not like our players that get paid

But we covet the ones we do not pay and they go to other teams.....

Yeah it must be nice to be able to complain about the guys we give big bucks to stay AND complain about the ones we don't give bucks and they leave. The guys who stay "should have taken less money" but the guys who left to because they wanted more money we should have met their price. It's a really weird catch-22 with these people.

Ranched

"We Are Penn State"
Reaction score
It's a team effort. When & if every player does their job, the team will click. Moore needs to call good plays, receivers need to stop dropping passes & the OL needs to protect their quarterback.

RonnieT24

Reaction score
Add to that...open some holes in the running game

Without Martin we're going to be pretty weak up the middle frankly. Biadasz, Williams and McGovern are smaller and younger so Moore is going to have to call some running plays NOT between the A & B gaps. Some good old fashioned student body left and right with guards pulling and receivers sealing off the backers would seem like the way to go. Get Zeke out one on one against cornerbacks and take our chances...

Flamma

Reaction score
I know it's not just his fault but Dak's record against winning teams the past 3 years is not good.
He's 5-13 the past 3 seasons.
He threw for a lot of garbage stats in many of the losses and hasn't performed at a top level.
For a 4th round pick, he was given a lot of deference.
But now, he's compensated as a Top level QB and he is expected to perform as such and find a way to overcome deficiencies outside of his control.
The Top QB's tend to "find a way" and that's what will be expected of Dak.
I hope he can deliver.

I think back in the 80s people had more common sense. I'm no Dak fan. I could take him or leave him. I would have been just fine had they moved on. In fact, Dallas would probably have Fields right now if it were up to me. But Dak doesn't have a record. The Cowboys suck against good teams.

I remember back in 1985 when the Cowboys lost to the Bengals 50-24 my friend said the Cowboys suck anytime they play a good team. He didn't say Danny White sucked, he said the Cowboys. And my friend wasn't the brightest bulb in the box. But he wasn't dumb enough to blame it solely on the quarterback of a 53 man team.

Like I said, I am absolutely not a Dak fan. But this crap about his record, who he can and cannot beat, this stuff has to stop because people are starting to look ********. It's hard to even argue the point because the person making these claims are so far in left field. Like trying to argue with a maniac. The Cowboys win and lose games, not Dak Prescott. Dak is not a golfer. Dak is not a MLB pitcher.

Yeah, QBs can lose you games with terrible play. I've seen it multiple times with Romo, a QB I loved. But as much as I don't like Dak, I can't point to any games where I could say yeah, Dak sucked so much he cost us the game. That Dak plays so bad against good teams that we can't win. No such thing.

CowboyFrog

Reaction score
Without Martin we're going to be pretty weak up the middle frankly. Biadasz, Williams and McGovern are smaller and younger so Moore is going to have to call some running plays NOT between the A & B gaps. Some good old fashioned student body left and right with guards pulling and receivers sealing off the backers would seem like the way to go. Get Zeke out one on one against cornerbacks and take our chances...

This..... like i said in other threads...this coaching staff needs to prove they know how to gameplan with an Injury...JG was horrible at it. I believe thats why so many fans here are Jaded when a player misses....1 player not playing should not equal auto lose (QBwith standing but honestly that should not be the 100% chance either).

johneric8

Reaction score
I know it's not just his fault but Dak's record against winning teams the past 3 years is not good.
He threw for a lot of garbage stats in many of the losses and hasn't performed at a top level.
But now, he's compensated as a Top level QB and he is expected to perform as such and find a way to overcome deficiencies outside of his control.
I hope he can deliver.
I really strongly disagree with your overall logic and I'll tell you why.. When you say great Qb's find a way I find that to be be a ludicrous statement quite honestly.
Guys like Deshaun Watson, Russell Wilson, and even Tom Brady have all have very average to bad seasons and couldn't find a way because of their overall team play..
Any decent to above average QB can look solid with a good team and scheme. By your logic Drew Brees should of found a way in all of those losing seasons he's been a part of..
Look face the facts, our cowboys are coddled by Jerry, and the team is not and has not been tough for a very long time. This is not something Dak cant overcome by himself.
It's a real shame that you can't see the clear picture here and just be happy we have a guy at QB as fantastic as Dak.

blueblood70

Reaction score
use their size to our advantage, pull them and stretch zones etc

Established1971

fiveandcounting
Reaction score
I hope he can deliver.
there will be name calling

Ranching

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I hope he can deliver.
And you are?

Established1971

fiveandcounting
Reaction score
and IF you go back and look at most qbs they arent as good as against the best competitions..cherry picking dak without at least showing all 32 teams qbs records against better teams is hollow., incomplete, and pointless post..

we calls it haters or troll talk but i deemed this as clownfan post..

but carry on...:facepalm::muttley:
and there is is the H word on reply number 5, so predictable
I deem you as a drone brain post

Nexx

Reaction score
Problem is, the last few years our defense was bad. So every mistake he makes is magnified and he’s basically asked to play a perfect game.

Better defense (Parsons) should help level this out

wait... we never made these types of excuses for Romo.. plus Romo never really got to play behind a all world oline either. hrmm.. makes you think

blueblood70

Reaction score
and there is is the H word on reply number 5, so predictable
I deem you as a drone brain post
I deem it as necessary to check the fools who dare to just spend every waking money on here to do NOTHING but be negative and trash team they allegedly are fan of..

CowboyFrog

Reaction score
wait... we never made these types of excuses for Romo.. plus Romo never really got to play behind a all world oline either. hrmm.. makes you think

Umm Romo is an annoucer now what exuces does he need? It makes me think your stuck in 2015 and need to call a tow truck to get you to 2021.....

blueblood70

Reaction score
Yes maybe we get that interior moving side to side then do some counters up the middle...crazy coaching stuff.
any and all plays need to be thrown at them , do not leave bullets in the chamber in this type of lopsided fight..
i know MM a lot like BillP like to use oddballs' motivations objects , sayings, and movies etc to get the team excited..

they need to watch 300 or gladiator this week..

300 is about beating the odds and sacrifice to win at all costs and we need that..

44k4j4.jpg

Shane612

Reaction score
What's going to change? Dak gets bigger paychecks so .... _______? Please explain to me how his paycheck changes what happens on the field..
I'm not saying it will change.
I'm saying it better change.