Dak is not good against good teams

CWR

Reaction score
I know it's not just his fault but Dak's record against winning teams the past 3 years is not good.
He's 5-13 the past 3 seasons.
He threw for a lot of garbage stats in many of the losses and hasn't performed at a top level.
For a 4th round pick, he was given a lot of deference.
But now, he's compensated as a Top level QB and he is expected to perform as such and find a way to overcome deficiencies outside of his control.
The Top QB's tend to "find a way" and that's what will be expected of Dak.
I hope he can deliver.

Yeah he has to win big games now. It's not unique for even great qbs to struggle vs top teams. That said he's got to get us over the hump. I'd say he did that admirably when we played the Hawks in the playoffs. Time to do so more consistently.

RonnieT24

Reaction score
Again, everyone on this team needs to be better. That includes Dak.

When you are the QB, play the most important position, and you're the highest paid player on the team then you're going to get the brunt of the blame. That's just how it is. Is it fair? No, it's not, but it comes with the territory.

How many people here do you see dog Mahomes on this forum for his play in the Super Bowl? Do they bring up the O-line problems and how he was running for his life the whole game? No they don't. They blame Mahomes and his poor play regardless of the circumstances that lead to it. Dak is not immune to criticism, just like Mahomes isn't.

Those people are stupid and I have no wish to be associated with them in any way. In three games against playoff teams last season Dak Prescott averaged 413 yards per game.. threw 8 TDs and 3 INTs and completed almost SEVENTY ONE PERCENT OF HIS PASSES while the offense averaged 29 points per game. Dak was by no means perfect in those games.. However I am willing to state unequivocally that his play was waaaay more positive than it was negative. Any attempt to assert that he was "not good" must be met with appropriate disregard.

RonnieT24

Reaction score
Yeah he has to win big games now. It's not unique for even great qbs to struggle vs top teams. That said he's got to get us over the hump. I'd say he did that admirably when we played the Hawks in the playoffs. Time to do so more consistently.

He's not going to win anything if the defense is going to keep giving up 36 points a game. This is like a guy driving on four flat tires complaining about his gas mileage and wondering if he needs a tune up.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
But Dak isn't comparable to any of the top QBs you've listed, except for maybe JG. Others are HOF bound. And Jackson is much more dynamic than Dak.
Not saying Dak won't get there....but at $40million per, he better show something this year, otherwise it's salary-cap hell for the next 4 years.
E-N5d3m-Xo-Ak-Dt-Fs-1.jpg

You were saying???
:facepalm::huh::muttley:

DanA

Reaction score
I don't get it. There's probably only 2-3 young QB's worth building the next 4-8 years around and we've got one of them. You wouldn't know it from all the hot air in this forum though. Going off that, you'd think we had Jared Goof or Carsons Wince.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
I know it's not just his fault but Dak's record against winning teams the past 3 years is not good.
He's 5-13 the past 3 seasons.
He threw for a lot of garbage stats in many of the losses and hasn't performed at a top level.
For a 4th round pick, he was given a lot of deference.
But now, he's compensated as a Top level QB and he is expected to perform as such and find a way to overcome deficiencies outside of his control.
The Top QB's tend to "find a way" and that's what will be expected of Dak.
I hope he can deliver.
oh, thank you thank you thank you and thank you for starting a Dak thread...specially one about his record against teams with winning record. we have never discussed that and it has never been brought up...I hope this thread stays up and reaches 50 pages as no Dak thread ever does...

:banghead::banghead::banghead:

RonnieT24

Reaction score
I don't get it. There's probably only 2-3 young QB's worth building the next 4-8 years around and we've got one of them. You wouldn't know it from all the hot air in this forum though. Going off that, you'd think we had Jared Goof or Carsons Wince.

Some of these people enjoy the negative attention they get from trashing our players.. I won't claim to understand it.. but it's usually pretty easy to recognize it when you see it.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
I mean look we've all been through this argument before.

What you're saying is somewhat true. He isn't.

So now that we agree on something what is the next step? Figuring out WHY he isn't? Does he just curl up like a ball when a big game comes?

Its worth noting that this team as a whole isn't very good in big games. So is this a issue that's just regulated to Dak?

One thing that's worth noting is that good teams don't beat good teams without good coaching. That's one thing consistent.

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
Most QB's have a losing record against good teams.
So you feel the need to bring up this useless stat again?

You know where it will head, was that your intent, trying to disguise it?

+1 .......BTW let's not forget Jason Garrett's record against winning teams also, it does matter.

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
Again, everyone on this team needs to be better. That includes Dak.

When you are the QB, play the most important position, and you're the highest paid player on the team then you're going to get the brunt of the blame. That's just how it is. Is it fair? No, it's not, but it comes with the territory.

How many people here do you see dog Mahomes on this forum for his play in the Super Bowl? Do they bring up the O-line problems and how he was running for his life the whole game? No they don't. They blame Mahomes and his poor play regardless of the circumstances that lead to it. Dak is not immune to criticism, just like Mahomes isn't.

+1

JustChip

Reaction score
and IF you go back and look at most qbs they arent as good as against the best competitions..cherry picking dak without at least showing all 32 teams qbs records against better teams is hollow., incomplete, and pointless post..

we calls it haters or troll talk but i deemed this as clownfan post..

but carry on...:facepalm::muttley:
I was dining out at lunch yesterday & the place had a tv on one of the sports channels. The volume was down so I don’t know what was being said, but they were showing clips of Brady from last year. There were about 5 or 6 and on 2 of them the pass was behind the receiver, one was high and behind. Show the same clips with Dak and there are many here (they’re well known) that would be destroying Dak.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
I mean look we've all been through this argument before.

What you're saying is somewhat true. He isn't.

So now that we agree on something what is the next step? Figuring out WHY he isn't? Does he just curl up like a ball when a big game comes?

Its worth noting that this team as a whole isn't very good in big games. So is this a issue that's just regulated to Dak?

One thing that's worth noting is that good teams don't beat good teams without good coaching. That's one thing consistent.

same could be said when Romo was here. Play from QB is important but QB must rely on people around him executing their jobs as well. OL has to protect and WR have run the designed routs and get open then make the catch. No doubt poor QB play will get you beat quicker than anything but good QB play still requires people around you doing their jobs.

CowboyFrog

Reaction score
Dak Prescott: Record against winning teams

Dak Prescott took over as the Dallas Cowboys quarterback after being drafted by the team in 2016. He got an opportunity for an injured Tony Romo that turned into a long-term gig. Prescott has been a very good quarterback for the Cowboys despite the lack of team success that was expected.

Let’s take a look at how many times the Dallas Cowboys won games against teams with a winning record with Dak Prescott as their starting quarterback.

I started to dive into this stat for every quarterback because the new hot argument is to say that a certain quarterback didn’t beat anyone good. I often see people use this argument to say players like Kirk Cousins and Matthew Stafford are not good and just put up empty stats.

First off and most importantly, quarterback wins are a team statistic. Secondly, very few quarterbacks in the NFL have a winning record against teams who finished the season above .500 in the league.

See every QB’s record against winning teams

What is Dak Prescott’s record against winning teams?
Since entering the NFL in 2016, Dak Prescott is 13-20 (.393) against teams that finished the season with a winning record.

In 2020, Dak Prescott was 0-3 (.000) against winning teams as the starting quarterback.

• Rams (loss)
  • Seahawks (loss)
  • Browns (loss)
In 2019, Dak Prescott was 2-6 (.250) against winning teams as the starting quarterback.

• Saints (loss)
  • Packers (loss)
  • Eagles (win)
  • Vikings (loss)
  • Patriots (loss)
  • Bills (loss)
  • Rams (win)
  • Eagles (loss)
In 2018, Dak Prescott was 3-4 (.428) against winning teams as the starting quarterback.

• Seahawks (loss)
  • Texans (loss)
  • Titans (loss)
  • Eagles (win)
  • Saints (win)
  • Eagles (win)
  • Colts (loss)
What quarterbacks have a winning record against winning teams?
There are currently 6 active NFL quarterbacks with winning records against winning teams.

^^^^ The common denominator for these 6 QBs with winning records against winning teams? They have all been surrounded by good offenses and very good defenses.

You can digest that information on your own. The only thing I want you to take away from this is that it is extremely rare to have a winning record against teams that finished the season with a winning record.

https://sportsandfitnessdigest.com/dak-prescott-record-against-winning-teams/

Its Crazy its almost like Winning teams win, and losing teams lose.....if QB's of lesser teams were beating them ....well they would not be deemed a winning team. This has been said so many times, its a staple of people who are against Dak...

Shane612

Reaction score
E-N5d3m-Xo-Ak-Dt-Fs-1.jpg

You were saying???
:facepalm::huh::muttley:
What does that prove?
His stats come at trash time?
Nothing more meaningless than empty stats.
His wins against good team are few.
Not all his fault, but that's about to change, with the contract his carrying around now.

RonnieT24

Reaction score
What does that prove?
Not all his fault, but that's about to change, with the contract his carrying around now.

What's going to change? Dak gets bigger paychecks so .... _______? Please explain to me how his paycheck changes what happens on the field..

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
What does that prove?
Your "trash time" bunk has been debunked several times earlier this year. Let it go. Go find someone else to hate on. You sound silly.