Dak is not good against good teams

blueblood70

Reaction score
Never saw a defense get better with the addition of one guy.
so thats it Neal, kazee, hooker, urban, watkins and a fulltime Gregory from game 1 is one player??

add in diggs sophomore year wilson improving. a new scheme anew DC and most of the staff..

just one layer huh,, oh wait add possible contributions from cox and a healthy LVE?? wow one change that all we made.??? oh i mean canady looks solid as well so one guy, thats it ??

you blind or just like being a troll?

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
great so we are allowed to bash Dak freely. Go on my friends.
Bash? Seems childish. It's what people do when they don't have the ability to debate politely.

eromeopolk

Reaction score
I know it's not just his fault but Dak's record against winning teams the past 3 years is not good.
He's 5-13 the past 3 seasons.
He threw for a lot of garbage stats in many of the losses and hasn't performed at a top level.
For a 4th round pick, he was given a lot of deference.
But now, he's compensated as a Top level QB and he is expected to perform as such and find a way to overcome deficiencies outside of his control.
The Top QB's tend to "find a way" and that's what will be expected of Dak.
I hope he can deliver.
He played 5 games last year with the worst defense in Cowboys history and has been in the league 5 years this will be his 6th year. His record is 42-27 as a starting QB.

Jerry Dumbo GM Jones wrecked and ignored the Cowboys defense from 2016 until the present 2021 draft.

A QB can only pass for garbage stats playing from behind. You play from behind because the other team outscores you. The other team outscores you because you have no defense. Dak does not play defense.

Do you guys even think before you post.

Romo_To_Dez

Reaction score
Fun fact: Tom Brady was 1-5 vs teams .500 or better last year.

Brees went 7-9 three seasons in a row and got back to the playoffs once the Saints started to rebuild and put better players around him again. But, some act like Dak is the only QB who needs good players around him to succeed or act like he is the only QB who doesn't have a winning record against winning teams.

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Bash? Seems childish. It's what people do when they don't have the ability to debate politely.
I guess it depends on the definition of "bash".

We get to "bash" our very good WR's...no problem.

But Dak needs protected from it? Because there is some gray area and disagreement? Gottta toe the line on him or else.....

You can add in....call them "haters" because "they don't have the ability to debate politely".

Romo_To_Dez

Reaction score
He played 5 games last year with the worst defense in Cowboys history and has been in the league 5 years this will be his 6th year. His record is 42-27 as a starting QB.

Jerry Dumbo GM Jones wrecked and ignored the Cowboys defense from 2016 until the present 2021 draft.

A QB can only pass for garbage stats playing from behind. You play from behind because the other team outscores you. The other team outscores you because you have no defense. Dak does not play defense.

Do you guys even think before you post.

I even remember in the 2019 game against the Lions, where Dak got the blame because of the game with the Lions being closer than it should have been. As the Lions were a bad team that year. But, the reason why it was closer than expected, was because the defense gave up 27 points to a Jeff Driskel Lions team. Where Dak threw for over 400 yards and got 3 TDs, and the Cowboys scored a total of 35 points in that game. But there were still some trying to use that game to take a shot against Dak. lol.

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Well damn you just killed his thread lol.......

No he didn't.

When it mattered.....Tom Brady wins.

You think he doesn't inspire the WHOLE team, even the defense?

Bring Tom Brady HERE...and see the attitude instantly change.

Now look...before you start in on me....Dak is good enough to win. I will be cheering him on for a great healthy recovery and ball out with these awesome weapons we have. But I also reserve some caution. I know...Tampa didn;t win a super bowl just because of brady. This defense...is true Super Bowl caliber and it won't be any walk in the park. I would have liked to have seen Dak take a few live snaps...but we protected him...now...it's super champions he starts with. It is what it is.....just get the ball to our playmakers.....let them crush it!

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
I know it's not just his fault but Dak's record against winning teams the past 3 years is not good.
He threw for a lot of garbage stats in many of the losses and hasn't performed at a top level.
But now, he's compensated as a Top level QB and he is expected to perform as such and find a way to overcome deficiencies outside of his control.
I hope he can deliver.

You say in your threat title that Dak is not good against good teams, but then your evidence for that is team record. Team record is a product of team play and is not proof in any way that Dak isn't good against good teams. The accurate thread title would be Dallas is not good against good teams.

eromeopolk

Reaction score
I even remember in the 2019 game against the Lions, where Dak got the blame because of the game with the Lions being closer than it should have been. As the Lions were a bad team that year. But, the reason why it was closer than expected, was because the defense gave up 27 points to a Jeff Driskel Lions team. Where Dak threw for over 400 yards and got 3 TDs, and the Cowboys scored a total of 35 points in that game. But there were still some trying to use that game to take a shot against Dak. lol.
Agree with you. When your QB has a +93 QB rating, your offense is averaging +28 points a game, you are not losing because of garbage stats by the QB against good teams. Your defense is GARBAGE.

GOOD TEAMS HAVE GOOD DEFENSES.....Duh!!!!!!!!! You have to stop someone with your defense to let your +93 rating QB, and the +28 points per game to have a chance to win.

I remember when Tom Landry during the Doomsday years would say "if we hold a team under 20 points, we should win the game". That is the Dallas Cowboys I grew up watching. Jimmy Johnson fielded top 10 and a number 1 defense during the 90's Super runs. Troy Aikman threw no more than 17 TDs during a season for those Super Bowl runs.

That is why the say "Defense wins Championships".

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
No he didn't.

When it mattered.....Tom Brady wins.

You think he doesn't inspire the WHOLE team, even the defense?

Bring Tom Brady HERE...and see the attitude instantly change.

Now look...before you start in on me....Dak is good enough to win. I will be cheering him on for a great healthy recovery and ball out with these awesome weapons we have. But I also reserve some caution. I know...Tampa didn;t win a super bowl just because of brady. This defense...is true Super Bowl caliber and it won't be any walk in the park. I would have liked to have seen Dak take a few live snaps...but we protected him...now...it's super champions he starts with. It is what it is.....just get the ball to our playmakers.....let them crush it!
I’m just referencing the part about Dak not being good against good teams. Brady showed last year that’s irrelevant.

Whirlwin

Cowboy , It’s a way of life.
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
I hope he can deliver.
There’s no such thing as garbage stats. Games are one and lost in the fourth quarter. If that’s when we’re putting up the most yards. That’s actually a good thing

Whirlwin

Cowboy , It’s a way of life.
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
I hope he can deliver.
Yeah Mahomes found a way against Tampa, LMAO

RonnieT24

Reaction score
Agree with you. When your QB has a +93 QB rating, your offense is averaging +28 points a game, you are not losing because of garbage stats by the QB against good teams. Your defense is GARBAGE.

GOOD TEAMS HAVE GOOD DEFENSES.....Duh!!!!!!!!! You have to stop someone with your defense to let your +93 rating QB, and the +28 points per game to have a chance to win.

I remember when Tom Landry during the Doomsday years would say "if we hold a team under 20 points, we should win the game". That is the Dallas Cowboys I grew up watching. Jimmy Johnson fielded top 10 and a number 1 defense during the 90's Super runs. Troy Aikman threw no more than 17 TDs during a season for those Super Bowl runs.

That is why the say "Defense wins Championships".

Troy threw 23 TDs in 1992.. He was never going to lead the NFL in any passing categories because of how much Norv and Jimmy valued balance but he still played his role to perfection. Still your overall point is well taken. If the defense doesn't improve greatly it won't matter how well Dak plays.. this team will hover around .500 just like it did most of Romo's tenure. Until this team plays complementary football we're all going to be frustrated watching the Cowboys play..

Redline360

Reaction score
Dak aka Romo 2.0

Another quarterback we lucked out on that has the talent to push us deep into the playoffs only to be let down by ****** defense, horrible coaching or the combination of both

Now i think Romo was a much better quarterback(talent wise) than Dak however that's a different story. My only concern is the 40m gamble. Either we will look like we know what were doing or be one of the biggest failures in nfl history money wise