Dak is not good against good teams

Whirlwin

Cowboy , It’s a way of life.
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Dak aka Romo 2.0

Another quarterback we lucked out on that has the talent to push us deep into the playoffs only to be let down by ****** defense, horrible coaching or the combination of both

Now i think Romo was a much better quarterback(talent wise) than Dak however that's a different story. My only concern is the 40m gamble. Either we will look like we know what were doing or be one of the biggest failures in nfl history money wise
Romo talent wise can’t compare to Prescott

Whirlwin

Cowboy , It’s a way of life.
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
I know it's not just his fault but Dak's record against winning teams the past 3 years is not good.
He's 5-13 the past 3 seasons.
He threw for a lot of garbage stats in many of the losses and hasn't performed at a top level.
For a 4th round pick, he was given a lot of deference.
But now, he's compensated as a Top level QB and he is expected to perform as such and find a way to overcome deficiencies outside of his control.
The Top QB's tend to "find a way" and that's what will be expected of Dak.
I hope he can deliver.
Lmao

FiveSuperBowls

Reaction score
I know it's not just his fault but Dak's record against winning teams the past 3 years is not good.
He's 5-13 the past 3 seasons.
He threw for a lot of garbage stats in many of the losses and hasn't performed at a top level.
For a 4th round pick, he was given a lot of deference.
But now, he's compensated as a Top level QB and he is expected to perform as such and find a way to overcome deficiencies outside of his control.
The Top QB's tend to "find a way" and that's what will be expected of Dak.
I hope he can deliver.
I wonder what is Brady’s record against good teams? Same goes for Rodgers? I really don’t care, just wondering…

WillieBeamen

BoysfanfromNY
Reaction score
Dak aka Romo 2.0

Another quarterback we lucked out on that has the talent to push us deep into the playoffs only to be let down by ****** defense, horrible coaching or the combination of both

Now i think Romo was a much better quarterback(talent wise) than Dak however that's a different story. My only concern is the 40m gamble. Either we will look like we know what were doing or be one of the biggest failures in nfl history money wise
Dont disrespect Romo like this bro

RonnieT24

Reaction score
We had a middle of the road defense (maybe) that have been historically bad at takeaways which makes all of them bad defenses.

Yeah the middle of the road defense was actually higher than it should have been ranked IMHO because the offense was generally controlling the clock and helping keep the defense off the field. And the whole single digit takeaways thing is NEVER going to cut it.

plymkr

Reaction score
Troll thread
Agree. Dak is our QB for the foreseeable future. If Dak fails then the team fails, so if anyone is still "anti-Dak" then indirectly you're hoping the Cowboys fail.

I feel in this game Dak will hold his own and it's up to the defense to stop Brady. Dak won't play perfect but if the defense can't contain Brady then we'll lose.

I also feel this will be Parsons coming out party and the defense will get TOs and we'll pull out the upset. Mainly due to the defense shocking everyone with their play.

Luther

I am who they thought I was!
Reaction score
How is our defense against teams with a winning record?

Hadenough

Reaction score
Problem is, the last few years our defense was bad. So every mistake he makes is magnified and he’s basically asked to play a perfect game.

Better defense (Parsons) should help level this out
But what about the games where the defense did show and Daks high powered offenses was kicking field goals against the Saints, Jets, Eagles

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
We had a middle of the road defense (maybe) that have been historically bad at takeaways which makes all of them bad defenses.
Bad by association is a poor way to judge your current guys.

khiladi

Reaction score
The defense was not historically bad over Dak’s career. It was generally an average scoring defense. Guys like Desean Watson not only didn’t have a great OL and RG, they’ve had bottom of the barrel scoring defenses.

Dak-stans always blame the Cowboys defense, but never mention Dak turning the ball over against horrible defenses and padding yardage against horrible defenses.

Atlanta gave up 21 points to Nick Foles in the 4th quarter the week after blowing a fourth quarter lead to the Cowboys..

cowboyec

Reaction score
no such thing as garbage stats.
just an invented talking point to fuel a false narrative by talking heads on tv.

believe what you want tho.

chagus

Reaction score
*sigh*

Just switch teams already. I'm not even gonna read the op.

khiladi

Reaction score
And again, Dak’s stats in 2020, in the fourth quarter, down by 7 is worse than Andy Dalton, let alone QBs like Desean Watson.

0 TDs and 1 INT and like a 4.7 YPC rate, at maybe around 60% completion percentage while having much better blocking than guys like Watson.

So this idea Dak was bringing his teams back only to be spoiled by the defense is complete hogwash. Dak goes into a shell when the lights are really on. Defenses just burned time off the clock and then hunkered down when necessary.

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
Pointing out that the Cowboys don't fare well against "good" teams is a pointed comment designed to stir up passions. Nobody fares well against "good" teams. That's why those teams are called "good". It's something said by trolls to stir up debate and sound like they are really saying something worth saying when in reality it's a garbage statement. Just watch who this post attracts defending the comment. These are the resident trolls who have an agenda to stir up the wasp's nest.

JayFord

Reaction score
my biggest concern is teams we only play once every 4 years and thanksgiving day games

it doesnt always have to end in embarrassment