Dak is not the answer

DandyDon52

Reaction score
wentz may be better, but he was a # 1 pick, like 2nd picked?
now you might say dallas needs to get one too, but first one has to come along and then the jones boys have to
identify and go for that player.
chances are they would draft a # 1 bust like manziel, and then they would have used picks and players for the bust.
what is needed is a real gm, but then jones boys would be picking him too !! lol it just never ends, they are their own worst
enemy when it comes to building a championship caliber team and coaching staff.
they have been at it for 20 years, and they just cant do it.

Greasylake17

Reaction score
We all enjoyed a magical 2016 season with two rookies who took league by storm. As I was chest thumping I read a sobering article on how you really don't know about QB until he completes his 2nd season. My raised arms slowly dropped. I patiently waited for 2nd season and now my fears are becoming a reality. Dak Prescott was product of Zeke being top 5 dynamic player. But I held reservations until I saw him matched up with Wentz. Well, unfortunately I am here to report Cowboys search for Tony replacement should continue.

Dak has as many ints as tds against NFC teams. Dallas has 1 offensive TD in two Zeke-less games. But real problem is what I saw from other teams QB. QB so big players couldn't bring him down throwing ridiculous ropes to his avg WR core. Eagles WR did their best to keep this game close in first half by dropping passes. But talent wins out and Wentz put Jerry Jones on notice last night.

Dallas has two options: 1) Do nothing and likely lose most divisional games & divisional titles to Eagles for next 7 -10 years. 2) Make some hard sacrifices and get Franchise QB by any means possible (Btw: Philly ended up giving away total of 7 players...mix of currently NFL players & draft picks for Wentz).

The big question is does Jerry Jones have stones to pivot?

But but wait, I was told he was better than Tom Brady TODAY!!!! Thats all I heard last year. This guy is top tier QB in the league. How he is a lock to win muliple rings. Look this is NOT a Dak hate post. Its not. But it takes common sense to know what he is. Sure he is can be good, no doubt. Buy everything has to go well for him to put thrle fear of god into defensive coordinators. HE cant throw the ball down field consistently and beat you that way. He is an above average game manager and the reason why i say that is because he is very good with bis legs and is very good in adjusting on the run and make olays happen. But we all know our team as a whole is not good enough to win a ring with his type of skill set right now. Sure maybe down the road we somehow build an amazing defense ( excuse me as I chuckle) than we can def win with Daks skill set. But we will see. I like Dak. I do. I just think he has been so terribly overrated this past year.

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
Passing Statistics for Quarterbacks Drafted in 2016
Name
Year Att Comp Pct Yds Yds
Att
Yds
Comp
TD Pct
TD
Int Pct
Int
Sacked Yds
Lost
Pct
Sacked
Rating ANY/A
Carson Wentz 2017 291 176 60.5 2262 7.8 12.9 23 7.9 5 1.7 23 127 7.3 104.1 7.55
Jared Goff 2017 282 173 61.3 2390 8.5 13.8 16 5.7 4 1.4 13 90 4.4 101.5 8.27
Dak Prescott 2017 289 183 63.3 1994 6.9 10.9 16 5.5 4 1.4 18 91 5.9 96.3 6.65
Jacoby Brissett 2017 294 179 60.9 2172 7.4 12.1 9 3.1 5 1.7 34 222 10.4 86.7 5.81
Kevin Hogan 2017 75 46 61.3 517 6.9 11.2 4 5.3 5 6.7 6 35 7.4 71.9 4.16
Cody Kessler 2017 22 11 50.0 126 5.7 11.5 0 0.0 1 4.5 5 39 18.5 48.7 1.56
Paxton Lynch 2017
Christian Hackenberg 2017
Connor Cook 2017
Cardale Jones 2017
Nate Sudfeld 2017
Jake Rudock 2017
Brandon Allen 2017
Jeff Driskel 2017
Brandon Doughty 2017

CT Dal Fan

Reaction score
If only the Cowboys had a more experienced and more polished pure passer than Dak to overcome all the flaws on this roster.

I mean, look at all the games Derek Carr, Phillip Rivers, Eli Manning, and Kirk Cousins have won this year.

:facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm: (this post is sarcasm, for those that read things literally).

CowboysBravesSpurs

Reaction score
The ceiling for Dak is Donavan McNabb. Listen, not every QB is going to be Tom Brady. The Giants won 2 Super Bowls with Eli Manning. He is good enough IF...IF...you put together a more complete roster and coaching staff. If you think you must cut every QB that comes along that is not Tom Brady...you will be looking forever for a franchise QB. Look how talented Tony Romo was...and he only won 1 playoff game. Romo was good enough and still did not sniff the prize. The issue in Dallas so much bigger than the QB. Especially a QB that has played like 25 games.
1 playoff game really? He's 2-4 in the playoffs. But I'm sure you knew that..

Greasylake17

Reaction score
If only the Cowboys had a more experienced and more polished pure passer than Dak to overcome all the flaws on this roster.

I mean, look at all the games Derek Carr, Phillip Rivers, Eli Manning, and Kirk Cousins have won this year.

:facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm: (this post is sarcasm, for those that read things literally).

They did. His name was Tony Romo. But they decided to kick him to the curb. Of course Romo only had a few years if healthy left. We get that. The injuries he had was a fluke. So maybe he gets hurt again right away or not, but who cared. You had Dak no? The Cowboys spit the bit last year. When Romo was healthy he should have started. He was the better QB that gave us the best chance to win. Look im sure we prob would have never beat Atlanta or the Pats but at least Romo would have given us a punchers chance. Last year was the best roster the Cowboys have had in a while. Everything seem to go there way ( hell even Sean lee was healthy ) I think Jerry made a grave mistake and its over with now. It is what it is. But now you can bet Jerry is a tad concerened. Thats all. Dak is good. I like him, but he is NOT the player everyone said he was last year. I mean come on. I had to listen to many people compare him to Tom Brady. I couldnt take it anymore

CT Dal Fan

Reaction score
They did. His name was Tony Romo. But they decided to kick him to the curb. If course Romo only had a few ywars if healthy left. We get that. The injuries he had was fluke. So maybe he gets hurt again right away or not, but who cared. You had Dak no? The Cowboys spit the but last year. When Romo was healthy he should have started. He was the better QB that gave us the bezt chance to win. Look im sure we prob would have never beating Atlanta or the Pats but at least Romo would have given us a punchers chance. Last year was the best roster the Cowboys have had in a while. Everything seem to go there way ( hell even Sean lee was healthy ) I think Jerry made a grave mistake and its over with now. It is what it is. But now you cam bet Jerry is a tad concerened. Thats all. Dak is good. I like him, but he is NOT the playet everyone said he was last year. I.mean come on. I had to listen to many people compare him to Tom Brady. I couldnt take it anymore

Not sure Romo or any QB could have played as well as Dak did in the playoff loss to Green Bay last season. Dallas had more than a puncher's chance until the defense (again) let them down.

And Romo is a broken QB. He wouldn't have been played this year anyway. Even before last year's collarbone stuff Dallas was constantly managing his back issues (remember Romo Wednesdays?). That ship has sailed. All Cowboys fans should have moved on by now (I'm not criticizing you, by the way, this is just a statement).

mattjames2010

Reaction score
Not sure Romo or any QB could have played as well as Dak did in the playoff loss to Green Bay last season. Dallas had more than a puncher's chance until the defense (again) let them down.

And Romo is a broken QB. He wouldn't have been played this year anyway. Even before last year's collarbone stuff Dallas was constantly managing his back issues (remember Romo Wednesdays?). That ship has sailed. All Cowboys fans should have moved on by now (I'm not criticizing you, by the way, this is just a statement).

You get Romo led our team back in the playoffs before, right?

CT Dal Fan

Reaction score
You get Romo led our team back in the playoffs before, right?

Yes, I do, I'm just saying this team's problems right now have little to do with Prescott. Does Dak need to play better? Yes, but we've already seen him do so.

What worries me now is our vaunted offensive line is putting some guy named Adrian Clayborn in the Pro Bowl, our receivers can't gain an inch of separation, and this defense without Sean Lee looks like a buffet table for opposing offenses.

And somehow, some fans can only comment about Dak throwing one pass too high over Cole Beasley and think he's the problem.

starcity214

Reaction score
Yes, I do, I'm just saying this team's problems right now have little to do with Prescott. Does Dak need to play better? Yes, but we've already seen him do so.

What worries me now is our vaunted offensive line is putting some guy named Adrian Clayborn in the Pro Bowl, our receivers can't gain an inch of separation, and this defense without Sean Lee looks like a buffet table for opposing offenses.

And somehow, some fans can only comment about Dak throwing one pass too high over Cole Beasley and think he's the problem.

Nobody was saying at the beginning of the year that our defense was "doomsday 2.0". We knew they sucked or were serviceable at best. The thing is, some were acting as if Dak was the second coming of Brady and as we have seen, they were wrong. These six games were a golden chance for Dak to prove the doubters ( myself included) wrong. But so far, he has looked terrible... We as fans want our team to win. I have seen Garrett get destroyed here. I have seen Jaylon, Heath, Brown , Green and others get criticized here so why is Dak untouchable? If "X" player sucks, then he will get criticized....

Greasylake17

Reaction score
1 playoff game really? He's 2-4 in the playoffs.
Nobody was saying at the beginning of the year that our defense was "doomsday 2.0". We knew they sucked or were serviceable at best. The thing is, some were acting as if Dak was the second coming of Brady and as we have seen, they were wrong. These six games were a golden chance for Dak to prove the doubters ( myself included) wrong. But so far, he has looked terrible... We as fans want our team to win. I have seen Garrett get destroyed here. I have seen Jaylon, Heath, Brown , Green and others get criticized here so why is Dak untouchable? If "X" player sucks, then he will get criticized....

Ha after week 1 aganist the Giants you had to read the amount of posts that were saying how great this defense was. It was exhaustng. I actually got in trouble and pretty much destroyed because i told them they were all not seeing it responsibily. 2 weeks later people were agreeing with me. But you get my point

Gator88

Reaction score

Dak didn't actually play all that well against GB's decimated defense last year in the playoffs since he was MIA until late into the 3rd quarter. It's been really odd to me to continue to hear people praise a performance that was almost matched in a half the following week by the next opponent.

AKATheRake

Reaction score
The defense held the Eagles offense to 7 points in the first half, we could only get field goals. And we couldn't even get that in the second. We are talking offense here, what did you want our D to do? Keep their offense to 7 the entire game? Come on, man.

I think Dak is a big problem, not the only problem. However, he is the QB and losing two players on offense makes him look like a backup QB? Yeah, he has a lot to answer for here. This doesn't mean the coaches get off the hook, but neither does he.

And I'm not even discussing the off the field stuff - there is no way to prove that is doing anything on gameday.

No one on the team is off the hook.

This thread is about trading Dak Prescott, not letting him off the hook.

Has that come to realization yet?

mattjames2010

Reaction score
No one on the team is off the hook.

This thread is about trading Dak Prescott, not letting him off the hook.

Has that come to realization yet?

I'd toss him on the trade block when we are able and see who bites and the types of offers we'd get, that's for sure.

AKATheRake

Reaction score
Zeke and Tyron keep that pocket clean on his blindside on passing plays. Huge.

Beyond time to analyze and throw, having those 2 around also allows time to roll out to the right, analyze and throw. If Dak can't just run or dump up the middle immediately before that progression.

Rolling out Dak looks lethal just like Romo did but he is more athletic and physical than Romo.

So the line is built around zone blocking and all lineman pulling and/or moving to the next level. Then there is this sensational RB beyond this ultra talented o-line who can pop it anywhere for a long run inside or out, run and catch out the flats, stay in and block just like a TE or just literally lean forward for 4 yards if not breaking tackles.

So now you're a defense and you want to make protecting against that as the primary defense and understandably so. But now there's this physical and quick QB with good decision making that can swing it the other way or up the other way with a run. If he doesn't use his accurate arm. Well, ok he has no quick way up or out of the pocket and beat you throwing on the run. That hand off may be play action or really a run so the defense clamours upfront and then there's those medley of routes to throw too which have been hit.

Now that 2 of the 3 main players/talent that the offense has been systematically built around does not seem to hum it is now a huge question mark about the QB who was considered last years draft steal to be traded or not?

Today's cap era football is about talent, development and building a system around that talent's level of development.

I don't remember 1 single player in the NFL's history since I have watched that won the Superbowl by themselves.

AKATheRake

Reaction score
I'd toss him on the trade block when we are able and see who bites and the types of offers we'd get, that's for sure.

Fair enough.

What does that do to the moral of your team knowing that the QB you gave the room to lead and let go of the previously talented leader to do so?

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
Fans defending Dak need to realize you're wasting your time with Romo defenders. In their eyes, Dak STOLE Romo's chance for a Super Bowl last year and he will be forgiven. Even if leads this team to Super Bowl, they're going tell you if Romo had the same running game and/or defense he could have won two. Never mind they're comparing a season 8 years vet against a 2nd-year player still learning intricates of the game. This is no knock against Romo but he's gone. Even when he got his freedom and had two offers from contending teams ( Broncos and Texans ) with strong defenses, he chose to retire. Wonder why........either way, his defenders will forever blame Dak for the way career ended.

mattjames2010

Reaction score
Fair enough.

What does that do to the moral of your team knowing that the QB you gave the room to lead and let go of the previously talented leader to do so?

Shows that anyone is expendable, so do your job well without the excuses and you keep your job.

But I'm also factoring in here that we don't make the playoffs and end the season on a negative, so Garret would be gone as well. When that happens, I'm ready to start slight rebuild so the new coach can put his own mark on the team.

mattjames2010

Reaction score
Fans defending Dak need to realize you're wasting your time with Romo defenders. In their eyes, Dak STOLE Romo's chance for a Super Bowl last year and he will be forgiven. Even if leads this team to Super Bowl, they're going tell you if Romo had the same running game and/or defense he could have won two. Never mind they're comparing a season 8 years vet against a 2nd-year player still learning intricates of the game. This is no knock against Romo but he's gone. Even when he got his freedom and had two offers from contending teams ( Broncos and Texans ) with strong defenses, he chose to retire. Wonder why........either way, his defenders will forever blame Dak for the way career ended.

Got anything to back this up?