Dak is not the answer

Clove

Shrinkage
Reaction score
Tony ain't coming back, let me repeat. Tony's not coming back. For all those sack huggers with their Romo pillows, he's not coming back, nor should he.

starcity214

Reaction score
Much...Much..Much...better leader. That's half the battle at the QB position

If you aren't one of the best players on the team, you can't really be a "good leader"....

Imagine if at your workplace a mediocre co-employee kept on telling others to " do better" and to "get better production" eventually people would get tired of that mediocre employee telling them to try harder..

Same case with Dak..
How can he demand other players to get better and try harder When he himself sucks?

Sandyf

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
We all enjoyed a magical 2016 season with two rookies who took league by storm. As I was chest thumping I read a sobering article on how you really don't know about QB until he completes his 2nd season. My raised arms slowly dropped. I patiently waited for 2nd season and now my fears are becoming a reality. Dak Prescott was product of Zeke being top 5 dynamic player. But I held reservations until I saw him matched up with Wentz. Well, unfortunately I am here to report Cowboys search for Tony replacement should continue.

Dak has as many ints as tds against NFC teams. Dallas has 1 offensive TD in two Zeke-less games. But real problem is what I saw from other teams QB. QB so big players couldn't bring him down throwing ridiculous ropes to his avg WR core. Eagles WR did their best to keep this game close in first half by dropping passes. But talent wins out and Wentz put Jerry Jones on notice last night.

Dallas has two options: 1) Do nothing and likely lose most divisional games & divisional titles to Eagles for next 7 -10 years. 2) Make some hard sacrifices and get Franchise QB by any means possible (Btw: Philly ended up giving away total of 7 players...mix of currently NFL players & draft picks for Wentz).

The big question is does Jerry Jones have stones to pivot?
Have to love arm chair QBs! I remember the times these lovers of Romo wanted him gone, same for Aikman the first two years and the many years of Danny White. What do we know about Dak? Not nearly enough. Is he the guy? Maybe, maybe not but a dang sight better than more than half the league. I wonder how these arm chair coaches and QBs would fair when WR are getting zero separation, when your LT doesn't block a two year old, wonder how they would fair. Want to blame someone, blame the coaches for not having quality backups when a starter goes down. Next man up doesn't work unless you have someone that can actually do the job. Blame Dak when he forces throws to Dez who rarely has half an inch separation. Blame the scouts and owner for not drafting difference makers in the first 3 rounds instead of projects, blame them for not getting any free agents worth anything, blame the coaches for poor calls and a defensive scheme that rarely stops a team from driving at least 50 yards each time they have the ball.

One player can make a team with good people around him, but in football never does one player make the whole team.

dfense

Reaction score
We are talking about the same QB who has been dynamic and incredible at times this season.

Oh, but that doesn’t fit your purview. Revisionist arguments only work in YOUR favor, right? He’s not allowed to have some bad games in his second year in the league.
I'll get off him when he wins a game without Zeke. Hopefully this week. Tyron may be back so there's that.

pete026

Reaction score
If you aren't one of the best players on the team, you can't really be a "good leader"....

Imagine if at your workplace a mediocre co-employee kept on telling others to " do better" and to "get better production" eventually people would get tired of that mediocre employee telling them to try harder..

Same case with Dak..
How can he demand other players to get better and try harder When he himself sucks?
You already have proven you know little about what makes a NFL player successful. Now you're showing you know little about good leadership. You don't lead by telling people what to do. That is being a dictator and they don't make good leaders.

So you're one of those people that think the most gifted player on the team should automatically be the captain. Zeke is probably the best and definitely the most gifted player on the team. You're suggesting he should be the leader and captain?

SMH.

CyberB0b

Village Idiot
Reaction score

This is just asinine. When the QB sees this type of blitz presnap, he has a hot read with one WR. If the blitz isn't picked up (which it wasn't), he either makes that one throw or eats it. This guy doesn't know what he's talking about. That slant to Beasley would likely have been picked off.

LocimusPrime

Reaction score
This is just asinine. When the QB sees this type of blitz presnap, he has a hot read with one WR. If the blitz isn't picked up (which it wasn't), he either makes that one throw or eats it. This guy doesn't know what he's talking about. That slant to Beasley would likely have been picked off.
This is what that guys response is

starcity214

Reaction score
You already have proven you know little about what makes a NFL player successful. Now you're showing you know little about good leadership. You don't lead by telling people what to do. That is being a dictator and they don't make good leaders.

So you're one of those people that think the most gifted player on the team should automatically be the captain. Zeke is probably the best and definitely the most gifted player on the team. You're suggesting he should be the leader and captain?

SMH.

No. I call it how I see it...

Sure its easy to "lead" when things are going good, but real leadership takes place when things aren't going well. In other words, if the team is down by 3 scores, a leader would get the team to try harder and get a win. If you suck, how can you look your teammates in the eye and tell them to try harder and play better when you yourself are the reason you'e down 3 scores? You see, it all goes togdther...

A true leader needs to be one of the best players on the team...

Otherwise, you'e act will get old just like Jason Garertt clapping away ...

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score
Guys, it's Wednesday. Overreaction Monday is past, but I'm sure there will be plenty more to overreact about by tomorrow evening.

Bleedblue1111

Reaction score
Tyron Smith and Zeke Elliott are not probably 2 of our 3 most important players on this team and are not on the offensive side of the ball?

Ok, so last years leading rusher who was starting to collect that type of yardage before suspension isn't important. OK.

Oh, the leagues best Left Tackle, as he has been the consensus all pro at that position and is the main player to protect the QB is not important either.

quote my quote and read it again. Then tell me if you want to use the word specifically again in your quote.

Oh and you refer to Sean Lee, who is our defensive captain not having anything to do with Dak. Neither side of the ball have anything to do with the others according to you I guess and each captain on either side of the bal doesn't either. Thanks for the tutelage.
Zeke and Tyron keep that pocket clean on his blindside on passing plays. Huge.

Wood

Reaction score
That's a good comparison. I always thought Troy rode Emmitt's coat tails into the hall. It's sad Romo has obliterated almost all Aikman's passing records by far and will never see the hall.

Its true Aikman numbers were not great. But listening to players (Irvin, Smith, OL) they say he was one who kept order on field. You didn't want to get a long stare from Aikman. It other words the players were accountable to him. That makes him a leader. He was also clutch in big big games. I actually learned to appreciate him more after he retired.

DandyDon52

Reaction score
The ceiling for Dak is Donavan McNabb. Listen, not every QB is going to be Tom Brady. The Giants won 2 Super Bowls with Eli Manning. He is good enough IF...IF...you put together a more complete roster and coaching staff. If you think you must cut every QB that comes along that is not Tom Brady...you will be looking forever for a franchise QB. Look how talented Tony Romo was...and he only won 1 playoff game. Romo was good enough and still did not sniff the prize. The issue in Dallas so much bigger than the QB. Especially a QB that has played like 25 games.
I agree, dak needs better coaching and better defense, better game plans etc.
dak is good enough, but he needs better coaching staff, just like tony did.
plus jones boys will always meddle enough to keep things in turmoil.
like letting murray go when they did, letting leary go, dumping whole secondary, not getting better lb for when sean is out.
drafting Jaylon, Gregory etc.

face it this team does not have a real GM , like philly does, we have the jones boys playing at GM and you can see the difference
just comparing the last 2-3 years.
the problems start with them and then go down to the coaches they hire , and the personnel they get and let go of.