Dak is not the answer

CrownCowboy

Reaction score
Alot of comparisons of Dak and Romo in this thread.

Tony Romo was an accomplished passer that has stats that few Quarterbacks in the history of the NFL have. The thing that gets me the most is that many of his detractors consider him as a choker. LOL the man has the highest 4th quarter QBR in NFL history and more game winning drives when trailing or tied in the 4th quarter since 2006. I don't care if Romo was drafted or not. Watching him throw the ball down the field and him having those stats is something nobody can do unless you have God given talent and also the work ethic to develop your game.

As far as Dak is concerned and up to this point, I am not convinced that he has the arm talent or even close as to what Tony Romo had. It's not a knock on him. It is what it is. I do think that he has the work ethic to maximize his talents though. He's been in the league not even two years and still has alot to learn. I love his leadership qualities and his character. I don't know if that's enough though. I am not as convinced as many here that he is in fact the long term answer at quarterback. Wtih that said, I am not one of those that's wanting to get rid of him now.

The one thing that is obvious is that he is suffering, as Tony did, through a head coach that is way in over his head. And a defense that is just plain bad. We all know that Tony carried this team despite those two facts. He couldn't get over the hump and win a Super Bowl but I don't think anyone could considering that.

Cowboysfan917

Reaction score

Tony Romo was an accomplished passer that has stats that few Quarterbacks in the history of the NFL have. The thing that gets me the most is that many of his detractors consider him as a choker. LOL the man has the highest 4th quarter QBR in NFL history and more game winning drives when trailing or tied in the 4th quarter since 2006. I don't care if Romo was drafted or not. Watching him throw the ball down the field and him having those stats is something nobody can do unless you have God given talent and also the work ethic to develop your game.

As far as Dak is concerned and up to this point, I am not convinced that he has the arm talent or even close as to what Tony Romo had. It's not a knock on him. It is what it is. I do think that he has the work ethic to maximize his talents though. He's been in the league not even two years and still has alot to learn. I love his leadership qualities and his character. I don't know if that's enough though. I am not as convinced as many here that he is in fact the long term answer at quarterback. Wtih that said, I am not one of those that's wanting to get rid of him now.

The one thing that is obvious is that he is suffering, as Tony did, through a head coach that is way in over his head. And a defense that is just plain bad. We all know that Tony carried this team despite those two facts. He couldn't get over the hump and win a Super Bowl but I don't think anyone could considering that.
Great post

Blue&Silver

Reaction score
Starting today they'll be a DAk attack a virtual Prescott pummeling of the Chargers. They have a weak defense, weak secondary, and we have an angry team hungry for that turkey leg.

No sense comparing Prescott with Romo, or anyone else. He's our quarterback, he's young, and until replaced the future. It's time to build around him, and his strengths not cry about his weaknesses. Happy Thanksgiving y'all!

black label

Reaction score

tumblr_mfxfs7ZLLJ1qiz3j8o1_500.gif

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
Football is a team sport. I would say that it might be the single most dependent TEAM activity sport. Dak may or may not be the answer but here what I will say. I never jumped on the Dak is better then Tony already train last year and I am not jumping on the Dak is not the answer wagon today.

I find it almost unfathomable, to me, that a QB in his 2nd year (not even completed Soph year) is being judged already. This team was wrong from the jump this season. Too many things didn't go right all year, too many distractions, too many guys injured, too many young players starting for the first time, too many reasons why you can't make judgements. Do I think that Dak has shown that he needs to get better in areas? Absolutely I do but that's never going to happen if he doesn't get a chance to develop.

To me this is crazy but, everybody is entitled to their own opinion.....

ABQ

HungryLion

Reaction score
Football is a team sport. I would say that it might be the single most dependent TEAM activity sport. Dak may or may not be the answer but here what I will say. I never jumped on the Dak is better then Tony already train last year and I am not jumping on the Dak is not the answer wagon today.

I find it almost unfathomable, to me, that a QB in his 2nd year (not even completed Soph year) is being judged already. This team was wrong from the jump this season. Too many things didn't go right all year, too many distractions, too many guys injured, too many young players starting for the first time, too many reasons why you can't make judgements. Do I think that Dak has shown that he needs to get better in areas? Absolutely I do but that's never going to happen if he doesn't get a chance to develop.

To me this is crazy but, everybody is entitled to their own opinion.....

ABQ

Excellent post.

Despite my username, which was deliberately designed to be humorous. I never thought Dak was already better than Tony either. Always loved Tony. I still own 3 of his jerseys (white, blue and throwback). Just as now I own two Dak jerseys. (White and throwback).

I just also believed in Dak based on what I saw. And despite bumps in the road I still believe in him.

However, the premise of your post is all too true. Whether you believe in Dak or don’t. Anybody expecting to know anything for sure by this point in his career is asking too much. I think all too often people have the desire for instant gratification. In NFL terms, Dak is a toddler. Still a lot of growing and learning to do.

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score
Emmitt Smith missed the first two games of 1993 in a contract dispute:

Washington 35
Dallas 16

Buffalo 13
Dallas 10

"Troy is just a bus driver. He can't do anything without Emmitt."

Greasylake17

Reaction score

Amen Brother

Greasylake17

Reaction score
Emmitt Smith missed the first two games of 1993 in a contract dispute:

Washington 35
Dallas 16

Buffalo 13

Dallas 10

"Troy is just a bus driver. He can't do anything without Emmitt."

Not sure what your point is. Please tell me that your not comparing Dak and Troy. Im hoping that your not and im sure im totally misunderstanding you. Right?

ChronicCowboy

Reaction score
The success he had last year was almost a bad thing. He’s been completely exposed and this coaching staff has no idea how to use him.