Dak is not the answer

CT Dal Fan

Reaction score
You don't think the superior team on the field last night was Philly?
They seemed to have better players in almost every position group.
Sure, coaching always helps a lot, but without Zeke, Smith, and Lee...they hands down have a better team. imo

No, I agree the Eagles were the superior team. No doubt. But losing 37-9 at home to anybody is inexcusable.

They hung around for a half and then the Eagles exposed the chasm between their coaching staff and ours. They adjusted. Dallas just collapsed.

haleyrules

Reaction score
You don't think the superior team on the field last night was Philly?
They seemed to have better players in almost every position group.
Sure, coaching always helps a lot, but without Zeke, Smith, and Lee...they hands down have a better team. imo
That's it. The Eagles were the better team.

Romo_To_Dez

Reaction score
How quickly people forget what it was like when Romo went down and we didn't have Dak yet.

Some just think that we a QB can be found which will easily replace Dak. And all of this teams flaws will be fixed and the Cowboys would be a playoff contender if we simply just replace Dak.

haleyrules

Reaction score
No, I agree the Eagles were the superior team. No doubt. But losing 37-9 at home to anybody is inexcusable.

They hung around for a half and then the Eagles exposed the chasm between their coaching staff and ours. They adjusted. Dallas just collapsed.
That's the real point. The Cowboys have plenty of talent and there is no excuse for the last 2 losses. They are not, presently, even truly competitive. There is too much talent to play the way they are playing.

Ring Leader

Reaction score
It's Dez
It's the o-line
It's defense
It's "the surrounding talent"
It's the coaches
It's playcalling
It's "the environment"
It's injuries
It's only his second year
He's only a fourth rounder
We have the most stupid fans
Why do you love Wentz, are you a fan or what?
Etc. etc. etc.
Nothing is on Dak. Can't be. Impossible!!

If you added in the Russians it would sound just like Hillary's book tour. ;)

CT Dal Fan

Reaction score
What were his pressures last night? He wasn't under duress the entire game. Protection was alright, protection most QBs in the league deal with on a weekly basis honestly.

This is a lot of spinning.

I can't find the number of pressures, only the four sacks and six QB hits the Eagles had. But to my untrained eye, Dak didn't have a lot of time on most of the pass plays last night. And I do agree he missed on a lot of throws. Even he will say so.

All I'm saying is now is not the time to give up on Prescott. Maybe this year he'll have some of the games he should have had as a rookie last year. Either way he will learn from it and get better.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Why do fans on here do this?

Why should we care about Wentz’ poor play? I dont care if Wentz went out and looked like prime peyton manning or prime Brandon Weeden. Im only concerned with the play of the QB on MY team.

Fans do it because the NFL isn't as black and white as you want it to be. The critique of Dak is he overthrew Beasley. To imply that overthrows don't happen. Every single qb in this league has bad overthrows. Wentz gave you a bunch of them last night.

So you can be concerned with the QB of your team. Fair enough. But us fans who actually watch other teams and watch the NFL shouldn't have to sit through your drivel and buffoonery. That's all i'm saying.

CanadianCowboysFan

Lightning Rod
Reaction score
Another "Dak needs absolutely ever stud player on the field to play well or else he plays like a scrub, and that's okay!" post.

hardly, but it is disingenuous to say, at least Keenum gets the team to end zone implying that Dak does not, which was not the case until the last two weeks.

CT Dal Fan

Reaction score
Another "Dak needs absolutely ever stud player on the field to play well or else he plays like a scrub, and that's okay!" post.

Dak doesn't need that, he just needs all the "stud" players to not play like complete garbage to be successful.

Look at the two rosters last night. Now swap QB's. Does Carson Wentz overcome this line, these receivers, and this defense? I doubt it.

Ken

Reaction score
OMG....this board is insufferable today. Really? Dak has a rough game and now there is no chance he could ever be a great QB? Seriously?

You all should be ashamed who think that.

I am embarrassed to be associated with some of you so called Cowboys fans.

Wood

Reaction score
I can't find the number of pressures, only the four sacks and six QB hits the Eagles had. But to my untrained eye, Dak didn't have a lot of time on most of the pass plays last night. And I do agree he missed on a lot of throws. Even he will say so.

All I'm saying is now is not the time to give up on Prescott. Maybe this year he'll have some of the games he should have had as a rookie last year. Either way he will learn from it and get better.

without dynamic running game Dak mind just looks scrambled. I started noticing it in Denver game when his passes were sailing on WR on sideline throws. We never saw that last year. Then we start seeing throws hitting the turf or again sailing too high. Some of this is on WR who look average but alot of this is the game is looking too big for Dak at moment. Its now to point that Dak doesn't do so many things well (like throwing deep ball to Dez or throwing from pocket) that Dallas has to create these tight narrowed passing schemes (rolling out of pocket) for Dak to have any success. I don't see sustainability in that unless Dak experiences growth spurt in his processing.

mattjames2010

Reaction score
Dak doesn't need that, he just needs all the "stud" players to not play like complete garbage to be successful.

Look at the two rosters last night. Now swap QB's. Does Carson Wentz overcome this line, these receivers, and this defense? I doubt it.

Apparently he does judging by the past couple weeks....