Twitter: Dak is one touch sum biscuit eater

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
Lets be real here, cowboys online hasnt been much better than average most of the time since Dak has been QB. Elliot was good for 2 years, and our receivers
for a few years weren't that great as I'm sure you remember. Lets also be real, no QB stands a chance with a bad oline or subpar talent, just
look how mahomes struggled with a bad oline last year.. You can't look at Dak and his offense and just anoint him as blessed in blanket statement
referring to all the #1 picks... More often than not the team was either missing players or the defense was under performing. The Cowboys haven't
even sniffed at playing as a team yet, nor had the luxury of decent health and good coaching. If our offense was so great, one would think Andy Dalton
would of done much better than he did right? Oh yeah, he was dealing with lots of injuries to the oline and our starting tight end... The problem with Dak haters
is that they are blinded by their hate. Anyone in their right mind sees that this guy is fantastic, in fact probably one of our best players, no one should doubt that.
Dak hasn't had the luxury of having bad games with the coaches we have and the defense. All Qb's have bad games, if you read this forum you would think that Dak
is the only QB that misses wide open receivers and has accuracy issues! LOL... Any knowledgeable fan can see what really goes on week to week and understands all
QB's no matter how great they are have off games.. It's unfortunate for Dak though, because he can't afford to have any.
"since Dak has been QB"? Why is that your point of reference of when the Cowboys were any good? How about the decade Romo was the starting QB? Romo's best team did no better than Dak's best team yet you would have us believe it's when Dak became QB that this team has not been much better than average. How real are you being when you leave out that out of the point you are making? Is it inconvenient to your point to mention the real truth about how long this team has been no better than average? 25 years... no NFC title games, no Super Bowls. But defending Dak Prescott is the cross you choose to burden yourself with? Okay, I like it. ;)

johneric8

Reaction score
"since Dak has been QB"? Why is that your point of reference of when the Cowboys were any good? How about the decade Romo was the starting QB? Romo's best team did no better than Dak's best team yet you would have us believe it's when Dak became QB that this team has not been much better than average. How real are you being when you leave out that out of the point you are making? Is it inconvenient to your point to mention the real truth about how long this team has been no better than average? 25 years... no NFC title games, no Super Bowls. But defending Dak Prescott is the cross you choose to burden yourself with? Okay, I like it. ;)
I won't comment on your intellect in regard to football, but what I will say is I don't have to defend Dak, his stats don't lie. He is on pace to be one of the best if he stays on this pace. Romo was a very good QB as well, but the man had a knack for making the worst plays at the worst time more often than not. I liked Romo, but I was always scared to death with him as my QB, I have none of those feelings with Dak.

It's funny you take exception to me defending Dak, but how do you feel when Bill Billichick gloats on how great Dak is, and points out his strengths? Do you deem Bill as an unbiased homer as well? What cross does Bill B have to bear?

MountaineerCowboy

Reaction score
I won't comment on your intellect in regard to football, but what I will say is I don't have to defend Dak, his stats don't lie. He is on pace to be one of the best if he stays on this pace. Romo was a very good QB as well, but the man had a knack for making the worst plays at the worst time more often than not. I liked Romo, but I was always scared to death with him as my QB, I have none of those feelings with Dak.

It's funny you take exception to me defending Dak, but how do you feel when Bill Billichick gloats on how great Dak is, and points out his strengths? Do you deem Bill as an unbiased homer as well? What cross does Bill B have to bear?
What do you mean on pace to be one of the best? One of the best of all time?

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score

I don't take exception to you defending Dak. I like it. I meant it when I said that before. Belichick wishes he had Dak so he could win Super Bowls for another decade.

DFWJC

Reaction score
Reminds me of two of my favorite Cowboy “overcome the pain” winning performances
  • Emmitt playing with brutally painful separated shoulder…. and still toting the rock to victory vs physical Giants team
  • Romo re-entering game with excruciating broken ribs and punctured lungs…..and leading Dallas to OT win at powerhouse 49ers
  • :flagwave::yourock::bow:

Last edited:

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Lets be real here, cowboys online hasnt been much better than average most of the time since Dak has been QB. Elliot was good for 2 years, and our receivers
for a few years weren't that great as I'm sure you remember. Lets also be real, no QB stands a chance with a bad oline or subpar talent, just
look how mahomes struggled with a bad oline last year.. You can't look at Dak and his offense and just anoint him as blessed in blanket statement
referring to all the #1 picks... More often than not the team was either missing players or the defense was under performing. The Cowboys haven't
even sniffed at playing as a team yet, nor had the luxury of decent health and good coaching. If our offense was so great, one would think Andy Dalton
would of done much better than he did right? Oh yeah, he was dealing with lots of injuries to the oline and our starting tight end... The problem with Dak haters
is that they are blinded by their hate. Anyone in their right mind sees that this guy is fantastic, in fact probably one of our best players, no one should doubt that.
Dak hasn't had the luxury of having bad games with the coaches we have and the defense. All Qb's have bad games, if you read this forum you would think that Dak
is the only QB that misses wide open receivers and has accuracy issues! LOL... Any knowledgeable fan can see what really goes on week to week and understands all
QB's no matter how great they are have off games.. It's unfortunate for Dak though, because he can't afford to have any.

Let's also be real......the 2016 team....was built for a championship. Romo's. Elliot was supposed to the final grand piece of the puzzle. Most rookie QB's don;t get a chance to walk into that. So Dak did very well...handled himself most excellently. He didn't HAVE to do much. The result speak for themselves.

Since then? Not too much. And not ALL because of Dak....but it shows...he needs a good team. Like just about everyone else, right?

I wish the "Dak defenders" would approach Zeke in the same way they do Dak. But there's a double standard. You could substitute "zeke" for "Dak" in your reply and be about right on. Season ending injury excepted of course, but zeke had his own nagging ones.

My comment about 1st round picks stands. No...he didn't have all 6 through every single play...of course not. I say again....Not many rookie QB's had the EXTREME luxury of coming into the league with that 2016 team. You MUST face that fact. Most rookie QB's that start are on a crappy team because they were THEE high draft pick. High draft picks usually go to crappy teams. See Joe Burrow.

So...yes we're not the same team. Can Dak elevate what we have NOW? Still a good team (er...offense anyway)...if we stay healthy.

Praxit

Reaction score
Dak was dumb to try to reset his ankle the way he did. Banging it on the turf is just going to make it worse. It probably hurt like hell as well which is why he quit so quickly and then the medical people were there. It's not a sign of toughness at all. And what was that crying about? Poor baby just couldn't take it. I've had the exact same injury. It didn't feel good but I didn't cry.
...the crying was about him knowing, he was done for the year. Maybe his whole career. I didn't see any pain on his face, just gloom.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
great :clap:

and romo came in after breaking ribs and collapsing a lung and threw a bomb for gw set up fg..he also tried to come back in after breaking his vertebrae/back and the coaches had to hold him back..its all in A Football Life documentary..

great stuff:popcorn:

PS Dak should have duct taped it up or put temp cast on it and finished the game, thats tough :)) Jk
Cute

acr731

Jerry learned to GM from Pee Wee Herman
Reaction score
... I don't have to defend Dak, his stats don't lie.

Romo had great stats as well, and he too never accomplished a damn thing.

...but the man had a knack for making the worst plays at the worst time more often than not.

And Dak has been the perfect hall of fame QB? Dak has never made any of his own boneheaded decisions? In a few years you will be able to compare the two in win or go home games and you will find they are quite similar in performance.

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
...the crying was about him knowing, he was done for the year. Maybe his whole career. I didn't see any pain on his face, just gloom.
Is that your best guess or is Dak on the record, saying this?

acr731

Reaction score

He was crying because he thought his big pay day was about to go bye bye. I seriously doubt he was upset about much else.

Even if he had a career ending injury Jerry would have taken care of him, probably even for life.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
Yet another loving on Dak thread. I really do not understand the obsession or need to prop him up.
Why the need to complain all the time?

We get it. You don't like Dak.

Simply pass on such threads and don't post in them, unless you need attention? o_O:rolleyes::facepalm:

acr731

Reaction score
Why the need to complain all the time?

We get it. You don't like Dak.

Simply pass on such threads and don't post in them, unless you need attention? o_O:rolleyes::facepalm:

I'm guessing you thought it was perfectly fine to hate on Romo back in the day, but by God no one better hate on precious Dak. Am I close?

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Let's also be real......the 2016 team....was built for a championship. Romo's. Elliot was supposed to the final grand piece of the puzzle. Most rookie QB's don;t get a chance to walk into that. So Dak did very well...handled himself most excellently. He didn't HAVE to do much. The result speak for themselves.

Since then? Not too much. And not ALL because of Dak....but it shows...he needs a good team. Like just about everyone else, right?

I wish the "Dak defenders" would approach Zeke in the same way they do Dak. But there's a double standard. You could substitute "zeke" for "Dak" in your reply and be about right on. Season ending injury excepted of course, but zeke had his own nagging ones.

My comment about 1st round picks stands. No...he didn't have all 6 through every single play...of course not. I say again....Not many rookie QB's had the EXTREME luxury of coming into the league with that 2016 team. You MUST face that fact. Most rookie QB's that start are on a crappy team because they were THEE high draft pick. High draft picks usually go to crappy teams. See Joe Burrow.

So...yes we're not the same team. Can Dak elevate what we have NOW? Still a good team (er...offense anyway)...if we stay healthy.
How could a team coming off a 4-12 record the previous year be "built for a championship"? I've heard it all.

TheMightyVanHalen

Reaction score
I've had the exact same injury. It didn't feel good but I didn't cry.

I had a bone spur shaved off the back of my heel that was under my Achilles tendon. Here's my scar and my Cowboys wallet to prove the picture is mine instead of a picture I found on the internet. I'm thinking you're just being silly here with that claim. Can you prove me wrong? If it's the EXACT same injury then the scar will still be there. If you can then I'll believe you didn't cry and I'll admit you're a bigger bad *** than Dak is. ;)
204908280_1761177694070563_287632693533030599_n.jpg

Praxit

Reaction score
He was crying because he thought his big pay day was about to go bye bye. I seriously doubt he was upset about much else.

Even if he had a career ending injury Jerry would have taken care of him, probably even for life.
..actually, he was crying cause you wouldn't buy his jersey. ...;)..

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
I'm guessing you thought it was perfectly fine to hate on Romo back in the day, but by God no one better hate on precious Dak. Am I close?
If Dak deserves such criticism, by all means, go ahead. But, when has Dak gone Hollywood, gone to Cabo during the playoffs or choked under pressure, especially with the playoffs on the line?

If you're going to criticize, have a legit reason to do so.

acr731

Reaction score
If Dak deserves such criticism, by all means, go ahead. But, when has Dak gone Hollywood, gone to Cabo during the playoffs or choked under pressure, especially with the playoffs on the line?

If you're going to criticize, have a legit reason to do so.

So you are basically saying its perfectly fine to hate a player as long as it is on your terms..... gotcha.

I wanted a pink Romo jersey for my gf, but @acr731 bought the last one. :muttley:

And I sent it to you because I know how bad you wanted it.