Dak is still my guy; stop blaming everything on him

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Bro, I’m not defending whether said poster is a troll. I get what you’re getting at, but that wasn’t the point I was trying to highlight. The poster I was responding to levels personal attacks on others when it’s convenient and when someone fires back with a perceived personal attack that poster immediately jumps to playing the victim. So I’m just pointing out his hypocrisy that’s it. You can’t do what you accuse others of doing and then play victim. I wouldn’t have given a thought otherwise.
Its not an us versus them battle thing. Its about right and wrong. What we've seen here is wrong....no matter what one thinks of players and team.

Last edited:

CowboyStar88

Reaction score
No he’s not a critic of Dak….Sydia is a critic of Dak and is not a troll. There’s a difference between trolling and criticizing…..don’t play ignorant…..

And let me say when I say let’s keep it personal I don’t do it because I’m offended. I do it so the thread doesn’t derail. Every topic gets derailed by this typical Dak stuff and I don’t want to contribute to it.
I’’m not going to argue over who is a troll or who isn’t. Nor am I going tell someone how they should fandom. That seems to be a thing with people who support Dak. Called Haters, trolls, berated, don’t football, go find a new team etc… You get the point.

But this 2nd statement isn’t keeping it real. Thats a hit an run. You’ll throw an insult and when someone counters you pivot to no personal insults. I agree they derail threads 100% my point is let’s not be a hypocrite.

CowboyFrog

Reaction score
Nobody thinks Cooper is better than Dak. Cooper is used as a reference that you don’t need an all star QB to drive the bus.
no they literally have said Rush is better...now is it some huge majoity, of course not but neither is the "Dak is better than Mahomes" cult..both sides go to extremes an ultimatley it ends up in name calling..I am open to anyone showing me how Dak was a "Bus Driver" last season..did he stink up the GB game ..yeah did he have a good year as an NFL QB..yeah if your being honest with no agenda.

CowboyFrog

Reaction score
I’’m not going to argue over who is a troll or who isn’t. Nor am I going tell someone how they should fandom. That seems to be a thing with people who support Dak. Called Haters, trolls, berated, don’t football, go find a new team etc… You get the point.

But this 2nd statement isn’t keeping it real. Thats a hit an run. You’ll throw an insult and when someone counters you pivot to no personal insults. I agree they derail threads 100% my point is let’s not be a hypocrite.
this is also one sided thinking both sides call names all the time get benched all the time..trust me if your looking for innocent in the Dak war your going to never find it.

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
Let's observe what occurred in 2022 vs San Fran.

Yes, Dak threw a costly 2nd interception and that sucked (and I was even about to give up on him at that moment) but then so did Mahomes in the Super Bowl. And got stopped on 4th and inches from his own 10.

On those 2 drives almost looking surely like SF could've blew the game open....KC defense allows 0 points.

Cowboys defense played well overall vs SF but Mahomes and Dak had basically the same game against SF outside of the final OT drive. It was against the same team too. This should tell you everyone struggles against SAN Francisco at this critical moment of the season.

The issue was more on SFs only TD drive, things fell apart on that drive. Defense overall played well, but we had ultimate selfish me-me Diggs letting that INT fall right thru his breadbasket - and his nonchalant, non self chastising attitude afterwards like he doesnt care as long as hes paid. He could've knocked the Kittle catch loose, but he didn't even try. Why not get a McDuffie or Snead who are cheaper, better coached, and make critical plays at critical times? If you let SF have 2 extra opportunities, you get exactly what you deserved.

Fastforward 2023. Vs Green Bay at 14-0 fine. But the 3rd TD should've been stopped. Gilmore looked like he didn't know who he was supposed to cover on that 3rd TD given up. That should've been 3 instead of 7...you don't give up plays that easily. Bland gave up some dumb routes. Bell hasnt looked the same since the Buffalo game, like the wind got knocked out of his sails. Clark is just an average LB and you can't roll into the playoffs with such paltry linebackers. I get it Overshown and Vander Esch were injured, but where was the healthy Parsons? A step short and a 2nd late. Would anyone still take Parsons over Chris Jones? Everytime I open a Parsons thread here before January, people say Parsons is better. You watched the 2 Super Bowls vs San Fran and the Championship game against the Bengals.....and you'd still take Parsons??? Lol.

The defense did not improve in the 2nd half. So yes, I blame very little of Green Bay on Dak. The defense was never gonna stop sucking in order for an comeback to materialize.

In '22 you can blame a lot of it on Dak and I agree he needed one more drive and that didnt happen, but overall hes still a Top 3 QB in the league. I'm taking him over everyone except Mahomes and Burrow. Lots of sites have him in the Top 3. Certainly Top 5 based on last year. Why should I not believe what I see? Why should I not trust official publications? Why should I listen to loudmouth fans instead?
This place is infested with Dak haters. You'll never convince them otherwise. Nice try but your quest is futile.

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
no they literally have said Rush is better...now is it some huge majoity, of course not but neither is the "Dak is better than Mahomes" cult..both sides go to extremes an ultimatley it ends up in name calling..I am open to anyone showing me how Dak was a "Bus Driver" last season..did he stink up the GB game ..yeah did he have a good year as an NFL QB..yeah if your being honest with no agenda.
Youre doing the green bay game inside a bubble. It wasnt just a stink job. An abject failure in every regard. The leader if the team couldnt lead himself.

Look at the 1st int pick 6 pass. Biggest game of the season as yet, and he allows ceedee to get in his head. Worst throw of the season in our biggest moment.....not just a typical bad throw. Unfathomable one.

Its very discouraging for some. For others...eh shrug bad day at the office.

CowboyStar88

Reaction score
I’m not going hunting for some nonsensical comments about Cooper Rush. Literally nobody really believes that. If they did, please tag them so I can mute them. Thats a level of idiocy I won’t engage.

However, there are Dak fans who truly believe he’s on par with Mahomes it is way more than a nonsensical comments. If you don’t spend time outside of this forum when it comes to the Cowboys you should, it’s eye opening, and makes you understand why fan bases hate us so much. There is a chunk of fans that use Mahomes as a Dak metric every chance they get. The only thing similar is their outlandish statements.

If you’re going to tie up 55-60 million you need a guy who can do more with less. Because he’s going to have a lot less.

But I’m not one of those who believes even if we had a QB on a friendly contract that the Jones boys would spend money to fill it out. So, for me find me a guy who can do more with less. Thats it.

The team=Bus QB is the driver.

CowboyStar88

Reaction score
this is also one sided thinking both sides call names all the time get benched all the time..trust me if your looking for innocent in the Dak war your going to never find it.

lol bro, no shiiii that’s my point! Don’t be a hypocrite. I’m not saying one side does it and the other doesn’t. I’m saying stop being a hypocrite when you were just insulting someone. I’m not looking for innocent. I’m calling out the hypocrisy. BIG DIFFERENCE.

Blitzen

Reaction score
This isn't about ten bucks and coffee.... where is the list of other bus driving quarterbacks who have been top 10 the majority of their careers and made second team All Pro without a running game?

Who are these other bus driving quarterbacks? What's their names, who do they play for. No time for deflecting, let's list them and then move on from there.

Carson Palmer did it in 2015 (very similar production in the running game-attempts and yards). Steve McNair did it in 2003.

The issue is that the game no longer has Peyton, Manning, Tom Brady, Drew Brees, Aaron Rodgers, Brett Favre in their prime. Several years one of those was the unanimous pick with no second team selection for QB.

The league had a down year in QB production and general play last season which explains how Dak ended up in the MVP race and All-Pro teams this past season. He’s just a guy that knows how to pile up stats on the worst defenses he plays. He will be forgotten quickly after he is no longer in this team.

CowboyStar88

Reaction score
See my post above. You think people tbat have concerns about dak are haters? Yes...i know you and others do indeed think that.
Don’t bother with that guy. Dude attacked me over an RC airplane design that I happen to like because it wasn’t American. He’s not a serious person.

CowboyFrog

Reaction score
Youre doing the green bay game inside a bubble. It wasnt just a stink job. An abject failure in every regard. The leader if the team couldnt lead himself.

Look at the 1st int pick 6 pass. Biggest game of the season as yet, and he allows ceedee to get in his head. Worst throw of the season in our biggest moment.....not just a typical bad throw. Unfathomable one.

no im not im saying the GB was bad for every player on the team, Im not gonna say "Dak Sucked" last year because that would make me look ignorant compared to the facts of the last season...Dak sucked in the GB game, thats a correct statement..i deal in facts you can deal in whatever you want.

khiladi

Reaction score

His pick 6s are always horrific

Twin928

Reaction score
Not even going read this long a”” post just no it’s trash just like dak I can beat almost everyone agrees with me if I was gm I trade him ok yes trade clause no trade ur eating the money anyway release him long story short we know what we have n rush u traded for lance u let him start full season draft qb n the draft n let it play out why get our hopes up