Dak is still my guy; stop blaming everything on him

1942willys

Reaction score
This current operating procedure has only been going on since 2012. Before that Jerry has made very bad decisions in trades and FA. This is probably the reason they use this method today. They make trades, fail. They trade up, fail. Now they just ignore it altogether.
Galloway
WR by the name of Williams

stiletto

Reaction score
I would've gotten a chuckle if this was posted on 4/1 but I actually think the OP is serious.. Dak backers are ideology over facts at this point. Their minds won't ever change until their "feelings" do. Facts be damned. Literally willing to lose the same way for 20 years with Dak at the helm and blame the Defense every time (Confirmation Bias).

1942willys

Reaction score
How many other bus drivers have been a top 10 quarterback the majority of their careers and became 2nd team All Pro without a running game?

Please name them. I want to see if this is just something "bus driving quarterbacks" do all the time.

I'll patiently wait for this list, because obviously other bus driver quarterbacks do this all the time.
Second place and ten bucks buys you a cup of coffee

CowboyStar88

Reaction score
Let’s keep it football and leave the personal attacks for the birds.
He’s a troll just like the rest of y'all I don’t see what the difference is?
Bro, what? The post above this you’re calling @PAPPYDOG and anyone who isn’t a fan of Dak or doesn’t want Dak as QB a troll. Last I checked that’s a personal attack.
But when @SteveTheCowboy says you lacking reading comprehension it’s the leave personal attacks out of it. Let’s not sit on some moral high horse when you’re just as guilty.

Mikexike

Reaction score
If you blame very little on Dak for that GB loss you can't be taken seriously....

Gave them 14pts off his INTs
Took Dallas out of FG range since he never throws the ball away.

(IF) the defense holds out in the best case scenario it could have been 13-10 at halftime. Completely different game. But lets be real the way the defense was playing let's just assume GB scores one more time if there was no turnovers. Could have been 20-10 at worse.

Now our 40m quarterback could have turned around and scored on our opening drive also. Dallas forced a punt next GB series and we have the opportunity to take the lead or at least put 3 fn points on the board. Slows the momentum greatly or we take the lead and it's completely different game.

Now look at his post season history losses.
GB vs Dallas 2016: Down two scores or TD + 2pt conversion at half. Down 3 scores entering the 4th....Defense was bad but typical Dak did work in the 4th when game was already out of hand. Had one good series in the first 3 quarters. Team played like crap overall

Rams...he played decent overall but we got gashed so bad in the run game it became laughable.

Niners games....Defense did its job and the offense failed miserably

GB....see above. Everyone sucked

Every playoff loss we have been down at half and entering the 4th sometimes by multiple scores. He's been historically bad
Get your popcorn ready, All these Dak defenders are coming for you! Never blame Dak! It was the DEFENSE every time. Just go look at DAK's STATS, he balled out and everyone crapped the bed.

GINeric

Reaction score
I've had some people here tell me Dak was better than Mahomes last year because stats. It's like a cult, rational thought is not going to work.

Dak is definitely not better than Mahomes.... but I remember when we had some of the DUMBEST people here saying Wentz was a better quarterback than Dak.

I still laugh my *** off at such deep levels of stupidity that exist here at times.

Praxit

Reaction score
....yep, that stint is getting old.

Dak is just OK. But when chips are down. Best to look elsewhere.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Bro, what? The post above this you’re calling @PAPPYDOG and anyone who isn’t a fan of Dak or doesn’t want Dak as QB a troll. Last I checked that’s a personal attack.
But when @SteveTheCowboy says you lacking reading comprehension it’s the leave personal attacks out of it. Let’s not sit on some moral high horse when you’re just as guilty.
Where did I say anyone who ain’t a Dak fan or doesn’t want Dak as qb is a troll? And a troll is a personal attack….

MarkP88

Reaction score
Can't stand the heat, get out of the kitchen - Dak understands this, even if his most ardent admirers don't.

SultanOfSix

Star Power
Reaction score
No not everything falls on his shoulders in terms of our losses, but he has done nothing to carry the team on these same shoulders in big games. If mediocrity is what ya want, then Dak is the guy
I wouldn’t even talk about carrying the team. He just can’t do that. He needs to make regular NFL decisions and throws and stop turning the ball over. He’s repeatedly shown he’s not mentally fit for high stakes situations.

GINeric

Reaction score
every win is daks wins and the losses are on the team. :p
Actually it's the total opposite around here. Every loss is on Dak and every win is a team win.

Also.... its a team loss for other NFL quarterbacks. But when Dallas lose its a Dak loss. I know you want to ignore the real narrative around here, but it's ok to be honest.

khiladi

Reaction score
If you blame very little on Dak for that GB loss you can't be taken seriously....

Gave them 14pts off his INTs
Took Dallas out of FG range since he never throws the ball away.

(IF) the defense holds out in the best case scenario it could have been 13-10 at halftime. Completely different game. But lets be real the way the defense was playing let's just assume GB scores one more time if there was no turnovers. Could have been 20-10 at worse.

Now our 40m quarterback could have turned around and scored on our opening drive also. Dallas forced a punt next GB series and we have the opportunity to take the lead or at least put 3 fn points on the board. Slows the momentum greatly or we take the lead and it's completely different game.

Now look at his post season history losses.
GB vs Dallas 2016: Down two scores or TD + 2pt conversion at half. Down 3 scores entering the 4th....Defense was bad but typical Dak did work in the 4th when game was already out of hand. Had one good series in the first 3 quarters. Team played like crap overall

Rams...he played decent overall but we got gashed so bad in the run game it became laughable.

Niners games....Defense did its job and the offense failed miserably

GB....see above. Everyone sucked

Every playoff loss we have been down at half and entering the 4th sometimes by multiple scores. He's been historically bad
1. Imagine taking our FG kicker out of range this year? Part of the reason the Cowboys could even be aggressive the whole year on third and longs, is because they knew their FG was money.

2. It could have been worse for the Cowboys, as the TD they scored on right before the half, the GB LB dropped a pick that was right in his hands, as he jumped the route watching Dak throw it right to him.

khiladi

Reaction score
Early in his career they were saying he was better than Brady and already approaching GOAT status. They deny it now .... but it was prevalent when they could excuse away everything.
They denied later they said he was elite or top 5.... even though it was prevalent...

CowboyStar88

Reaction score
Where did I say anyone who ain’t a Dak fan or doesn’t want Dak as qb is a troll? And a troll is a personal attack….
It’s literally in the post I quoted. You called @PAPPYDOG a troll like the rest of us. What does Pappy and the rest of us have in common? Critics of Dak. Don’t play ignorant. You keep defending your personal attacks while playing victim when it comes to personal attacks from others. It’s not cool bro and dishonest. TMC, as a poster I actually ride with you outside of Dak, but I gotta call you on the personal attack hypocrisy.

Blast From The Past

Reaction score
Let's observe what occurred in 2022 vs San Fran.

Yes, Dak threw a costly 2nd interception and that sucked (and I was even about to give up on him at that moment) but then so did Mahomes in the Super Bowl. And got stopped on 4th and inches from his own 10.

On those 2 drives almost looking surely like SF could've blew the game open....KC defense allows 0 points.

Cowboys defense played well overall vs SF but Mahomes and Dak had basically the same game against SF outside of the final OT drive. It was against the same team too. This should tell you everyone struggles against SAN Francisco at this critical moment of the season.

The issue was more on SFs only TD drive, things fell apart on that drive. Defense overall played well, but we had ultimate selfish me-me Diggs letting that INT fall right thru his breadbasket - and his nonchalant, non self chastising attitude afterwards like he doesnt care as long as hes paid. He could've knocked the Kittle catch loose, but he didn't even try. Why not get a McDuffie or Snead who are cheaper, better coached, and make critical plays at critical times? If you let SF have 2 extra opportunities, you get exactly what you deserved.

Fastforward 2023. Vs Green Bay at 14-0 fine. But the 3rd TD should've been stopped. Gilmore looked like he didn't know who he was supposed to cover on that 3rd TD given up. That should've been 3 instead of 7...you don't give up plays that easily. Bland gave up some dumb routes. Bell hasnt looked the same since the Buffalo game, like the wind got knocked out of his sails. Clark is just an average LB and you can't roll into the playoffs with such paltry linebackers. I get it Overshown and Vander Esch were injured, but where was the healthy Parsons? A step short and a 2nd late. Would anyone still take Parsons over Chris Jones? Everytime I open a Parsons thread here before January, people say Parsons is better. You watched the 2 Super Bowls vs San Fran and the Championship game against the Bengals.....and you'd still take Parsons??? Lol.

The defense did not improve in the 2nd half. So yes, I blame very little of Green Bay on Dak. The defense was never gonna stop sucking in order for an comeback to materialize.

In '22 you can blame a lot of it on Dak and I agree he needed one more drive and that didnt happen, but overall hes still a Top 3 QB in the league. I'm taking him over everyone except Mahomes and Burrow. Lots of sites have him in the Top 3. Certainly Top 5 based on last year. Why should I not believe what I see? Why should I not trust official publications? Why should I listen to loudmouth fans instead?
QB's are supposed to elevate his guys in big games do you feel Dak did so?

GINeric

Reaction score
Second place and ten bucks buys you a cup of coffee

This isn't about ten bucks and coffee.... where is the list of other bus driving quarterbacks who have been top 10 the majority of their careers and made second team All Pro without a running game?

Who are these other bus driving quarterbacks? What's their names, who do they play for. No time for deflecting, let's list them and then move on from there.