Dak is still my guy; stop blaming everything on him

Yobwocs

Reaction score
Well done OP. Make 2 posts, bail, and have the forum repeat yesterdays arguments over Dak.
I bailed because this board is no longer sane anymore with their Dak hate.

This is not reality anymore.

For the people complaining incessantly about Dak.... who would you get. All the great QBs cant advance in the playoffs. MAHOMES AND Burrow are the only ones having luck. Everyone else is underperforming. DAK is just bashed because of the team he plays for, no other forums bashes their QB like this even ones ranked far below Daks general ranking. I'm pretty sure lots of QBs will struggle here with all the pressure and trash fans we have.

Lots of people cant beat SF. And McCarthy always gets schooled against Green Bay. Garrett got schooled too. SO DID Romo.

If your answer is: "I'd have anyone but Dak" is that rational thinking or it's just extreme anti Dak feelings?

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

For the people complaining incessantly about Dak.... who would you get. All the great QBs cant advance in the playoffs. MAHOMES AND Burrow are the only ones having luck. Everyone else is underperforming. DAK is just bashed because of the team he plays for, no other forums bashes their QB like this even ones ranked far below Daks general ranking. I'm pretty sure lots of QBs will struggle here with all the pressure and trash fans we have.

Lots of people cant beat SF. And McCarthy always gets schooled against Green Bay. Garrett got schooled too. SO DID Romo.

If your answer is: "I'd have anyone but Dak" is that rational thinking or it's just extreme anti Dak feelings?
STOP with the HATE eulogy as a man this is not a social injustice forum it's a Cowboy football forum.
Trust me there is enough hate in the world and we don't need more of it here.
Dak failed ..............the end.
Is it wrong for Cowboy fans to want a change for the better?
We want to win man and not just dog teams!
Is this so hard for you to understand??????????????????
Maybe you have a hate issues and are blinded by it.
No one HATES Dak we just hate the fact he chokes in games that matter the most!!!

Redline360

Reaction score
The state of quarterbacks is nowhere where it was years ago either. No more prime Brady, Brees, farves, Rodgers, Peyton, Roethlisberger, Warner let alone others like Gannon, McNair, McNabb, Rivers, Romos and etc who were also above average to elite depending on the year

We have Mahomes and argurably Burrow as the only two elites. Allen shows flashes here and there but not consistent enough. So many quarterbacks get lumped into the above average category as the overall talent is pretty meek. Dak, Cousins, Goff has come around again, love vastly improved, CJ Stroud up and coming, Lawrence, hurts is still a mystery and etc.

Dak probably sneaks into the top 8-12 if this was yesteryear but hey he can't pick when it's his time to play

NFCBeasts

Reaction score
Let's observe what occurred in 2022 vs San Fran.

Yes, Dak threw a costly 2nd interception and that sucked (and I was even about to give up on him at that moment) but then so did Mahomes in the Super Bowl. And got stopped on 4th and inches from his own 10.

On those 2 drives almost looking surely like SF could've blew the game open....KC defense allows 0 points.

Cowboys defense played well overall vs SF but Mahomes and Dak had basically the same game against SF outside of the final OT drive. It was against the same team too. This should tell you everyone struggles against SAN Francisco at this critical moment of the season.

The issue was more on SFs only TD drive, things fell apart on that drive. Defense overall played well, but we had ultimate selfish me-me Diggs letting that INT fall right thru his breadbasket - and his nonchalant, non self chastising attitude afterwards like he doesnt care as long as hes paid. He could've knocked the Kittle catch loose, but he didn't even try. Why not get a McDuffie or Snead who are cheaper, better coached, and make critical plays at critical times? If you let SF have 2 extra opportunities, you get exactly what you deserved.

Fastforward 2023. Vs Green Bay at 14-0 fine. But the 3rd TD should've been stopped. Gilmore looked like he didn't know who he was supposed to cover on that 3rd TD given up. That should've been 3 instead of 7...you don't give up plays that easily. Bland gave up some dumb routes. Bell hasnt looked the same since the Buffalo game, like the wind got knocked out of his sails. Clark is just an average LB and you can't roll into the playoffs with such paltry linebackers. I get it Overshown and Vander Esch were injured, but where was the healthy Parsons? A step short and a 2nd late. Would anyone still take Parsons over Chris Jones? Everytime I open a Parsons thread here before January, people say Parsons is better. You watched the 2 Super Bowls vs San Fran and the Championship game against the Bengals.....and you'd still take Parsons??? Lol.

The defense did not improve in the 2nd half. So yes, I blame very little of Green Bay on Dak. The defense was never gonna stop sucking in order for an comeback to materialize.

In '22 you can blame a lot of it on Dak and I agree he needed one more drive and that didnt happen, but overall hes still a Top 3 QB in the league. I'm taking him over everyone except Mahomes and Burrow. Lots of sites have him in the Top 3. Certainly Top 5 based on last year. Why should I not believe what I see? Why should I not trust official publications? Why should I listen to loudmouth fans instead?
lol

I will blame whom ever I want for my teams failures just like you will worship false sports idols such as Thad’s brother who hasn’t done anything major in 8 years ….

and it’s funny you call out loud mouth fans after that wall of text

Yobwocs

Reaction score
STOP with the HATE eulogy as a man this is not a social injustice forum it's a Cowboy football forum.
Trust me there is enough hate in the world and we don't need more of it here.
Dak failed ..............the end.
Is it wrong for Cowboy fans to want a change for the better?
We want to win man and not just dog teams!
Is this so hard for you to understand??????????????????
Maybe you have a hate issue and are blinded by it.
No one HATES Dak we just hate the fact he chokes in games that matter the most!!!
I get it man. It just felt watching the Green Bay we needed a reevaluation of all things.

The culture. The attitude. The players' and how much exactly do they care about mastering their craft.(Resembles the Miami Sharks from Any Given Sunday) The defenses' tendency to completely go off the rails.

Offense is good for the majority of the season. But when they're bad they're really bad.. We gotta have one unit play AWESOME in the playoffs while the other just needs to play decent.

But both cannot suck which in most Cowboys playoff games seem to be the case

GINeric

Reaction score
Carson Palmer did it in 2015 (very similar production in the running game-attempts and yards). Steve McNair did it in 2003.

The issue is that the game no longer has Peyton, Manning, Tom Brady, Drew Brees, Aaron Rodgers, Brett Favre in their prime. Several years one of those was the unanimous pick with no second team selection for QB.

The league had a down year in QB production and general play last season which explains how Dak ended up in the MVP race and All-Pro teams this past season. He’s just a guy that knows how to pile up stats on the worst defenses he plays. He will be forgotten quickly after he is no longer in this team.

Ok. I have to respectfully disagree that Palmer and McNair were just bus drivers.

And you pretty much said that Dak had an MVP year because the league had a down year in quarterback play, correct? Well is there any other quarterback that got MVP votes by benefiting from a "down quarterback year" before?

I've only asked because I have never heard of a player's accomplishment or milestone discredited due to some "league wide dropoff". That's interesting, I got to research that.

With that said, are there any other positions in football that had league wide dropoffs that enabled players to get MVP votes?

MountaineerCowboy

Reaction score
I get it man. It just felt watching the Green Bay we needed a reevaluation of all things.

The culture. The attitude. The players' and how much exactly do they care about mastering their craft.(Resembles the Miami Sharks from Any Given Sunday) The defenses' tendency to completely go off the rails.

Offense is good for the majority of the season. But when they're bad they're really bad.. We gotta have one unit play AWESOME in the playoffs while the other just needs to play decent.

You do know that Dak is allowed to play well even if other people aren’t, right?

Just because our defense is giving up rushing yards doesn’t mean Dak has to be throwing INTs and sucking.

GINeric

Reaction score
Well, it sounds like you have it all figured out, in your head.

It's nothing to figure out. When a person poses as a fan of a team, the team wins the game and this said fan disappear from the teams fan forum or sound irritated after the victory and never has anything to say positive about the team they "supposedly" cheer for.....

But are lively and post quite frequently after losses..... then go BACK into hiding again after every win until the next loss.... its obvious that their coward *** is a troll.

Truth hurts don't it....

VaqueroTD

Reaction score
In '22 you can blame a lot of it on Dak and I agree he needed one more drive and that didnt happen, but overall hes still a Top 3 QB in the league. I'm taking him over everyone except Mahomes and Burrow. Lots of sites have him in the Top 3. Certainly Top 5 based on last year. Why should I not believe what I see? Why should I not trust official publications? Why should I listen to loudmouth fans instead?
Top 3 in NFC in Regular Season Only. That’s fair.

5Stars

Here comes the Sun...
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
It's nothing to figure out. When a person poses as a fan of a team, the team wins the game and this said fan disappear from the teams fan forum or sound irritated after the victory and never has anything to say positive about the team they "supposedly" cheer for.....

But are lively and post quite frequently after losses..... then go BACK into hiding again after every win until the next loss.... its obvious that their coward *** is a troll.

Truth hurts don't it....
It does not hurt me, but apparently it's hurting you. I don't watch or care who shows up or who doesn't after a game, that is some crazy stuff.

GINeric

Reaction score
yep, I guess the "trolls" are happy they won and don't have anything to complain about. shrugs..unless it's the guys who hid when rush was winning then came out celebrating when he lost? maybe

That's just it.... Cowboys fans are happy when we win games because we are Cowboys fans. When Rush had his string of wins, im on record here stating that if Rush was able to lead us pass the Eagles, he should remain the starter even when Dak got back healthy.

See... I cheer for and support every Cowboys player.

But we have a group of low IQ coward trolls here (we all know who they are) that never says anything positive about our players after wins and actually try to discredit our wins by saying its something our opponents did wrong.

What fan of a team seems irritated after a win and don't say anything positive about the players after a victory, yet seem happy to complain all week after a loss.

Yeah, make that make sense....

GINeric

Reaction score
It does not hurt me, but apparently it's hurting you. I don't watch or care who shows up or who doesn't after a game, that is some crazy stuff.

Nah it don't hurt me, but it definitely affects you because you've shown major support for the low IQ cowards I speak of.

What was it they say about Birds of a Feather.....

McKDaddy

Reaction score

Many people have repeatedly said there are multiple issues on the field of play. However, fixing those means nothing when the guy at the helm is destined to fail no matter what you do.

People seem to forget the stretches during the regular season where Dak and\or the offense as a whole sucks. So, technically yes, they manage to put up numbers they majority of the season. But if they have 4 bad games per year you realize that's basically 25% of the season right?

If Dak was good, people would have no problem answering @PAPPYDOG when he asks about signature wins. The fact it's so difficult to even nominate games that would qualify tells the entire story.

GINeric

Reaction score

No. Dak is mostly bashed for things that has zero to do with football. You got to recognize some of these types. Just pay close attention....