Dak is still the best QB in the division

RonnieT24

Reaction score
If I could pick between the Dak of 2016 running that style of offense versus the Dak of 2023 running this style of offense I choose 2016 Dak all day long.
You need 2016 Zeke and the 2016 offensive line to run that offense. (hint, we have neither.)

RonnieT24

Reaction score
Play by play aside, Hurts makes plays and he makes a bunch. Yes, he has had some interceptions but he makes plays continuously. They outweigh the ints 9 times out of 10. If you have turnovers but you keep drives going more than the average QB the net is probably going to be in your favor because when the going is tough making that play is the difference between winning and losing!
This only works if the defense can pick you up. If the Eagles defense sucked then Hurts' turnovers would have doomed them in three or four games this year already. But you know.. team game..

starfan1

Reaction score
The easiest thing to look at to me is how good he has become against the blitz or heavy pressure. Younger Dak would simply take off and run when blitzed or pressured. Now he hits the hot routes, or if that's not there he moves around buys time and often creates huge plays for us. A couple of years ago the entire league completely STOPPED blitzing him because he was burning it so bad. The preferred way to beat him now is drop as many people as possible into coverage and hope he can't find a receiver or makes a poor throw. Teams that don't have the talent to do that get lit up. Teams that do have the talent have some success but he still wins his share of those battles as well. Like hanging 36 on Belichick's D a couple of years back or 40 on Philly last year. Or even the way he lit up Tampa's D in last year's playoff. People are way too quick to dismiss the fact that was a top 10 defense and was a top 5 defense the year before when he lit them up for 400+ yards and 3 TDs.

Dak is far from perfect mind you, but I also think he is far from finished his development for all the reasons I have cited many times. I think he is working through the adjustment from the uber-aggressive approach from last year to the more conservative approach this year. Maybe he (and McCarthy) found the balance against the Chargers. The main thing I want to see from Dak is consistency. Not in numbers necessarily but in level of play. The numbers are not always up to him. He has no control over volleyball interceptions or a receiver falling down or running a crappy route. What he CAN control is his decision making. When to run, when to go deep, when to check it down, when to audible out of a bad play.. all of that goes into the QB position. And all of those are things he is better at now than he was 5 years ago.
Now you done gone and did it.Dont you know that those stats are irrelevent because they were 8-9 and and they sucked. the only ones that count are the ones against san Fran. :muttley:

RonnieT24

Reaction score
Now you done gone and did it.Dont you know that those stats are irrelevent because they were 8-9 and and they sucked. the only ones that count are the ones against san Fran. :muttley:
Yeah I get that the 49ers have our number. They're just a bad matchup stylistically for us. Our coaches are going to have to come up with some different schemes to attack them because what we are currently doing doesn't work on either side of the ball. But struggling against one of thirty one teams doesn't make him a bad QB and you gotta get rid of him. The only thing I would change about Dak Prescott is his calm demeanor when the wheels are falling off. I still think he needs to get pissed off when the line isn't blocking and the receivers aren't getting open or catching the damn ball. He needs to chew some butts to get his guys heads into the game not sit on the bench looking cool.

starfan1

Reaction score
Yeah I get that the 49ers have our number. They're just a bad matchup stylistically for us. Our coaches are going to have to come up with some different schemes to attack them because what we are currently doing doesn't work on either side of the ball. But struggling against one of thirty one teams doesn't make him a bad QB and you gotta get rid of him. The only thing I would change about Dak Prescott is his calm demeanor when the wheels are falling off. I still think he needs to get pissed off when the line isn't blocking and the receivers aren't getting open or catching the damn ball. He needs to chew some butts to get his guys heads into the game not sit on the bench looking cool.
he does need some aikman in him

RonnieT24

Reaction score
he does need some aikman in him
Yeah I think he values his "relationships" with his teammates a little too much. He needs to recognize that in the heat of battle the guys will understand if he chews their arses out. They might get mad in the moment.. but 99.9999% of the time guys leave any animosity they might feel between the white lines.

HonoluluCowboy

Reaction score
Look I'm not the biggest Dak fan, you can look at my history. I think if Dallas doesn't at least reach a championship game, then Dak and this coaching staff need to go, and no I don't want Quinn as a HC either.

So back to QB
Giants- Jones will most likely not be a starter next year, Terry Bradshaw was throwing for more tds in the 70s, and I'm serious, I looked it up lol. Giants made a huge mistake in signing him

Washington - Howell is another backup, enough said

Eagles - The eagles are a talented team, had two number one receivers and a top oline and Hurts is underperforming big time, 7td and 7 ints is horrible. Yes he made it to a Superbowl, while surrounded by a better team/organization,but I don't think if we were to switch qbs that our situation would be better, matter of fact I think we have at least one more loss. Dak as a passer is better than Hurts, not impressed with Hurts 22 pass tds last season either.

Also not a popular opinion, but yea Id still take Dak over Purdy. He like Hurts, is surrounded by talent, and if they start losing that talent I do not expect Purdy to be the one to elevate that team. Still not sold on Purdy

Honestly, haven't been that impressed with Dak this season either, but I think he gives us a better chance as strictly a passer than the qbs mentioned above. Come at me bros

LOL !!!! !!!!

1972COWBOY

Reaction score
SL-TROL.jpg

StarOfGlory

Reaction score
Play by play aside, Hurts makes plays and he makes a bunch. Yes, he has had some interceptions but he makes plays continuously. They outweigh the ints 9 times out of 10. If you have turnovers but you keep drives going more than the average QB the net is probably going to be in your favor because when the going is tough making that play is the difference between winning and losing!
Sounds like you are describing Brett Favre 20 years ago.

DandyDon52

Reaction score
The QB's don't play each other. The one who plays best with the most stats might not even win.
I disagree, they do play each other in a sense.
Right now phil is best if they have a healthy hurts, and dallas if they have a healthy dak.
Stats dont matter, it is who gets the points on the scoreboard.

bottleKids

Reaction score
You guys are really fickle on your players. All offseason it’s

“Tyler Smith is really coming along. He’s a franchise Olineman”

and

“Terrence Steele played well and earned his contract”

“Tyron Smith is still one of the better LT’s if he’s healthy”

“Tony Pollard is a top 5-10 RB and earned his franchise tag even if he’s not used as a lead back, that’s how good he is”

“CeeDee Lamb is a top 5-10 WR (and many argued flat out superior to AJ Brown)”

“Dallas doesn’t have a Dallas Goedert, but their TE depth is far better than Philly’s, so they have a better TE position overall”

“Tyler Biadasz earned his pro bowl nod, that’s the kind of player he is”

“Zack Martin earned his raise because he’s still an All-Pro RG and was underpaid”

“Brandon Cooks trade was huge, he’s a missing piece we need over the top”

Which one of these never happened? None; We all heard them. Each of you believed some or most of these before the season started.

So now why is it that Hurts and Purdy have the loaded offenses and Dak doesn’t? Every position has guys people fawn over, loaded pro bowl or near pro bowl talent. There is no “the difference is they just play on a loaded team”. Dak does too
I wish I could disagree with this post but its spot on, but we are a delusional fan base.

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I disagree, they do play each other in a sense.
Right now phil is best if they have a healthy hurts, and dallas if they have a healthy dak.
Stats dont matter, it is who gets the points on the scoreboard.
Any position can make a difference, qb has, typically, the greatest influence.

A good example is romo and manning in denver. Head to head....right?

ROmo went toe to toe with manning...and came out as a loser choker.

Was he really? Or was it something else?
Its an intetesting subject for sure.

McKDaddy

Reaction score
I am a firm believer that a player willing to put in the work will always be able to improve.
Only as far as the talent allows though. Dak doesn't have the physical or mental abilities to consistently play at a high level. That leads to confidence issues. Which helps fuel the up & down results depending on level of opponent.

FVSTONE

Reaction score
Look I'm not the biggest Dak fan, you can look at my history. I think if Dallas doesn't at least reach a championship game, then Dak and this coaching staff need to go, and no I don't want Quinn as a HC either.

So back to QB
Giants- Jones will most likely not be a starter next year, Terry Bradshaw was throwing for more tds in the 70s, and I'm serious, I looked it up lol. Giants made a huge mistake in signing him

Washington - Howell is another backup, enough said

Eagles - The eagles are a talented team, had two number one receivers and a top oline and Hurts is underperforming big time, 7td and 7 ints is horrible. Yes he made it to a Superbowl, while surrounded by a better team/organization,but I don't think if we were to switch qbs that our situation would be better, matter of fact I think we have at least one more loss. Dak as a passer is better than Hurts, not impressed with Hurts 22 pass tds last season either.

Also not a popular opinion, but yea Id still take Dak over Purdy. He like Hurts, is surrounded by talent, and if they start losing that talent I do not expect Purdy to be the one to elevate that team. Still not sold on Purdy

Honestly, haven't been that impressed with Dak this season either, but I think he gives us a better chance as strictly a passer than the qbs mentioned above. Come at me bros
If you were lucky enough to witness just one of the SB games that the Cowboys played in and won then good for you, because that is the last Cowboy SB you'll witness in WENTZ 2.0's career if you take him over both Hurts and Purdy.....LOL! The Cowboys would be in the thick of things if they had either Hurts or Purdy as their QB, but unfortunately the Cowboys are going nowhere with their overpaid, over hyped, less than mediocre QB leading their team.