Dak is still the best QB in the division

Nav22

Reaction score
I don’t remember anyone saying Brady wasn’t that good. He was called a game manager his entire career as if that was something negative. Some claimed he wasn’t that good his first few seasons, because he wasn’t putting up huge numbers. As for Brock Purdy the jury is still out on him. He didn’t play long enough against Philly in the playoffs to see how that game would have turned out with him. He’s only started 11 regular season games. More time is needed to see what he really is. Physical talent and arm strength will always be used as one of the big measuring sticks with QBs. However, not every QBs skill level and college performances translate to the NFL, which makes drafting them a crapshoot. Accuracy, anticipation, footwork, pocket presence, athleticism, decision making, mental toughness are seven traits that are essential for an NFL QB. If there's one trait that can’t be significantly improved on, it’s accuracy. Throwing a football accurately is something that a QB simply can or can't do. Accuracy is something Dak has struggled with his entire career.
The numbers simply don't back up your last sentence at all.
:laugh:

Also, Purdy's easily more accurate than Herbert.

The "jury's still out" on Purdy after 13 full games, including 2 playoff wins? If you say so. Still waiting for Herbert to be better than a .500 QB or win a playoff game, but the jury decided he's a HOFer already.

Last edited:

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
The numbers simply don't back up your last sentence at all.

Also, Purdy's easily more accurate than Herbert.

The "jury's still out" on Purdy after 13 full games, including 2 playoff wins? If you say so. Still waiting for Herbert to be better than a .500 QB or win a playoff game, but the jury decided he's a HOFer already.
The jury is going to be out on anyone who’s played less than a season worth of games, especially when they were the very last pick in the entire draft. You probably won’t find an overall QB ranking that has Brock Purdy ranked ahead of Justin Herbert. Currently he’s having a great season, but not many are sold on him. I still need to see more. By the way, who said Herbert is a Hall of Fame QB already?

CT Dal Fan

Reaction score
Dak is the best QB in the NFC East? I can buy that.

I can also put Cooper Rush or Trey Lance at 3rd best after watching Daniel Jones and Sam Howell this season. :laugh:

sunalsorises

Reaction score
I would take Dak over Hurts as well. Hurts has so many players around him enabling him... league's best OL, top 5 WR AJ Brown, Devonta Smith, Goedert....

If you put Dak on the Eagles, he would pillage and burn. If you put Hurts in this Madden Easy Mode offense, he would be a league average QB at best.

Daniel Jones is a Dalton Line QB, where you are terrified to pay him but don't know who you would replace him with. His nonfunctional OL is making him look worse than he is, but he's still not good. Howell is trash.

Dak at this point is very similar to Purdy. They're both immobile, low-velocity pocket QBs who rely on pre-snap smarts and accuracy to win. Purdy has some gamer in him though, whereas Dak has got very conservative and gun shy around pressure. I don't know who I'd pick there, but I am leaning towards Purdy.
I agree here. Is the Dalton Line the Mendoza Line of football?

I think the difference between Dak and Purdy is coaching. Dak has had Garrett and McCarthy. Purdy has Shanahan.

Nav22

Reaction score
The jury is going to be out on anyone who’s played less than a season worth of games, especially when they were the very last pick in the entire draft. You probably won’t find an overall QB ranking that has Brock Purdy ranked ahead of Justin Herbert. Currently he’s having a great season, but not many are sold on him. I still need to see more. By the way, who said Herbert is a Hall of Fame QB already?
You brought up the Eagles playoff game as if Purdy needed to beat them (or light them up in a loss) to prove his worth.

No mention of the previous 2 playoff wins right before that game though?

Meanwhile, Herbert's in year 4 and his playoff resume consists of a historic collapse in the WC round.

I don't see why you think Purdy will just all of a sudden forget how to play after 13 games. I've seen enough, the dude can play. Injuries are realistically the only thing that could derail him.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
You brought up the Eagles playoff game as if Purdy needed to beat them (or light them up in a loss) to prove his worth.

No mention of the previous 2 playoff wins right before that game though?

Meanwhile, Herbert's in year 4 and his playoff resume consists of a historic collapse in the WC round.

I don't see why you think Purdy will just all of a sudden forget how to play after 13 games. I've seen enough, the dude can play. Injuries are realistically the only thing that could derail him.
He was real good against Seattle in the playoffs, but wasn’t very good against us. He had just over 200 yards with no TDs and a passer rating of 87.4. He only won that game, because Dak was terrible. No one is saying Purdy hasn’t played well but we’ve only seen 13 games. You have to admit he came out of nowhere. He was dreadful last week, completing only 44% of his passes and had a passer rating of 55.3. Let’s see how he does with Deebo out at least a couple of weeks and McCaffrety questionable. If you want to go all in on him now after just 13 games, be my guest. :thumbup:

Flamma

Reaction score
Also not a popular opinion, but yea Id still take Dak over Purdy. He like Hurts, is surrounded by talent, and if they start losing that talent I do not expect Purdy to be the one to elevate that team. Still not sold on Purdy

Honestly, haven't been that impressed with Dak this season either, but I think he gives us a better chance as strictly a passer than the qbs mentioned above. Come at me bros
I agree with the rest of your post, not so much this. If Purdy was a first round pick, would anyone be questioning his talent? I'm just going by what I see, and trying to not let the draft sway my opinion. So I'm convinced until he unconvinces me.

Where I'm not convinced is with Hurts. Never have been. He's good in that RPO gameplan and throwing when defenses are selling out to stop the run. Just like Lamar Jackson did in 2019. I need to see Hurts throw consistently into coverage.

All in all, the only place I disagree is with Purdy.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
He’s going to have to lead San Francisco to a championship to prove his worth. They got rid of Jimmy G who led them to a Super Bowl. They’re looking to get over the hump and win another championship. Even though Jimmy G was playing pretty well for them they still gave up the farm for Trey Lance, thinking he might be the guy to do it. They’ll be looking to improve on Purdy if his play begins to tail off some and he doesn’t get them over the hump in the playoffs. Purdy hasn’t had to face much adversity. The true test for him will be how he handles it when he does. This is something I need to see before I would cash in all my chips on him.

InDakEyeBack

Reaction score
The QB play in the NFC East, is putrid.

The only two QBs even worth mentioning are Hurts and Dak. Dak may be a better QB than Hurts in a vacuum but the Eagles built their offense around Hurts and he is more dangerous running the ball than Dak is throwing it.

CowboysLakerBamaFan

Reaction score
See this where your opinion is invalid, when people say things like this. Howell is not even half the QB that Dak is
He's twice the QB Dak is.

Don't try and confuse me with circular logic and mathematical formulas: I'll circle back and solve the equation every time...occasionally

KingCorcoran

Reaction score
I would take Dak over Hurts as well. Hurts has so many players around him enabling him... league's best OL, top 5 WR AJ Brown, Devonta Smith, Goedert....

If you put Dak on the Eagles, he would pillage and burn. If you put Hurts in this Madden Easy Mode offense, he would be a league average QB at best.

Daniel Jones is a Dalton Line QB, where you are terrified to pay him but don't know who you would replace him with. His nonfunctional OL is making him look worse than he is, but he's still not good. Howell is trash.

Dak at this point is very similar to Purdy. They're both immobile, low-velocity pocket QBs who rely on pre-snap smarts and accuracy to win. Purdy has some gamer in him though, whereas Dak has got very conservative and gun shy around pressure. I don't know who I'd pick there, but I am leaning towards Purdy.
Dak will soon be paid more than Hurts, so he must be better.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
He's twice the QB Dak is.

Don't try and confuse me with circular logic and mathematical formulas: I'll circle back and solve the equation every time...occasionally
Dak, Dak, Dak, Dak, Dak, Dak, Dak, Dak, Dak, Dak, Dak, Dak, Dak, Dak, Dak, Dak, Dak, Dak, Dak, Dak, Dak, Dak, Dak, Dak, Dak, Dak, Dak, Dak, Dak, Dak, Dak, Dak, Dak, Dak, Dak, Dak, Dak, Dak, Dak, Dak, Dak, Dak, Dak, Dak, Dak, Dak, Dak, Dak, Dak! You’re consumed by Dak. He lives inside your brain house compartment.

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
Look I'm not the biggest Dak fan, you can look at my history. I think if Dallas doesn't at least reach a championship game, then Dak and this coaching staff need to go, and no I don't want Quinn as a HC either.

So back to QB
Giants- Jones will most likely not be a starter next year, Terry Bradshaw was throwing for more tds in the 70s, and I'm serious, I looked it up lol. Giants made a huge mistake in signing him

Washington - Howell is another backup, enough said

Eagles - The eagles are a talented team, had two number one receivers and a top oline and Hurts is underperforming big time, 7td and 7 ints is horrible. Yes he made it to a Superbowl, while surrounded by a better team/organization,but I don't think if we were to switch qbs that our situation would be better, matter of fact I think we have at least one more loss. Dak as a passer is better than Hurts, not impressed with Hurts 22 pass tds last season either.

Also not a popular opinion, but yea Id still take Dak over Purdy. He like Hurts, is surrounded by talent, and if they start losing that talent I do not expect Purdy to be the one to elevate that team. Still not sold on Purdy

Honestly, haven't been that impressed with Dak this season either, but I think he gives us a better chance as strictly a passer than the qbs mentioned above. Come at me bros
The NFL is a game-to-game/year-to-year league. That's one reason I think that so many have trouble with determining who's best but still feel they must try for some reason. One game Dak might look like the best in the division. The next he might not. Hurts was among the top tier last year, but does not belong there so far this year.

So much determines how each QB plays that we see the effect of all those variables. To illustrate this, let's look at how Patrick Mahomes and Dak played against the Jets. I don't think anyone here would deny that Mahomes is one of the best QBs in the league. Yet against the Jets he was 18 of 30 for 203 yards, 1 TD and 2 ints. Dak was 31 of 38 for 255 yards and 2 TDs.

If both teams were to play the Jets again, those numbers could easily be switched. I just want Dak to be the best when we need him to be the best. Don't really care if he's considered the best in the division as long as we win.

Walker

Texas Ranger
Reaction score
If you want to get paid top 3 top 5 money you better not only be the best one in the division but #1/2 in the conference.