Dak is still the best QB in the division

Pass2Run

Reaction score
Agree. I've always said Hurts is overrated. And we're seeing that this year.

StarOfGlory

Reaction score
I would take Dak over Hurts as well. Hurts has so many players around him enabling him... league's best OL, top 5 WR AJ Brown, Devonta Smith, Goedert....

If you put Dak on the Eagles, he would pillage and burn. If you put Hurts in this Madden Easy Mode offense, he would be a league average QB at best.

Daniel Jones is a Dalton Line QB, where you are terrified to pay him but don't know who you would replace him with. His nonfunctional OL is making him look worse than he is, but he's still not good. Howell is trash.

Dak at this point is very similar to Purdy. They're both immobile, low-velocity pocket QBs who rely on pre-snap smarts and accuracy to win. Purdy has some gamer in him though, whereas Dak has got very conservative and gun shy around pressure. I don't know who I'd pick there, but I am leaning towards Purdy.
You think Dak can learn the RPO system they run? That system requires A LOT of quick thinking and mobility. Dak would be just as bad in that offense as Hurts would be in our offense.

McKDaddy

Reaction score
Far from a Dak fan, just telling it is. You really think if Dallas somehow switched Dak with either Hurts or Purdy that we'd be in a better position?
I don't know how anyone can ask this with a straight face.

Hurts is a better passer than Dak even though some people won't let go of a college knock on the guy. If you want to argue they are equal passers, fine but in no world is Dak better. His legs alone would force defenses to change how they play us thereby covering some of our OL issues allowing other players to get involved.

There is nothing to suggest that Purdy isn't processing everything at a high level and getting the ball where it needs to go. Again, that alone makes an offense functional. Maybe it is a mirage but only the future will reveal that. No basis to say he isn't playing better at this time.

Flamma

Reaction score
It doesn't matter who the best QB is in the division as none of these QBs are difference makers. They're as good as the team around them. Right now Hurts has the best possible supporting cast, of course he's going to look good. QBs that are not elite, or even around the Romo/Rivers/Stafford category are going to live and die by their supporting cast. Give Hurts or Dak the Giants OL and WRs and they both absolutely suck.

blueblood70

Reaction score
Even if true (it's not) Thread title is nothing more than a strong condemnation of overall QB play in the NFC East.
Umm in the NFL... Obviously you missed watching games from week to week how Jekyll and Hyde how the quarterbacks play in the teams play on a whole this is a week to week league and by the way everyone who wants to get rid of Prescott you just probably gonna replace him with someone worse you think he's gonna be better he's gonna be worse or a parallel move for what to satisfy the haters the trolls the people who think the grass is greener and you can easily replace a quarterback go look at the landscape of the NFL quarterbacks on all 32 teams and over the last decade how hard they are to find and yet this place thinks the replacements just a step away all we gotta do is get rid of Prescott and everything is fixed...

I think that's the point it isn't the state of quarterback play in the NFC East it's the state of quarterback play in the entire NFL... Quarterbacks have always gotten way too much credit and they get way too much of the blame that is a well known fact everybody needs a team around them the head coach needs a team the coordinators need a great team the quarterbacks could use a great team around them they need to support there's very rarely a single player on the football team I can carry a team to a championship this is not the NBA this is not golf...

This is a sport with the most moving parts and that any one of those moving parts has a bad day can ruin the entire day it can cause many losses...

DuceizBak

Reaction score
It doesn't matter who the best QB is in the division as none of these QBs are difference makers. They're as good as the team around them. Right now Hurts has the best possible supporting cast, of course he's going to look good. QBs that are not elite, or even around the Romo/Rivers/Stafford category are going to live and die by their supporting cast. Give Hurts or Dak the Giants OL and WRs and they both absolutely suck.
A very good QB makes the Line better. We had a bottom 8th ranked pass blocking offensive line last year but could hardly tell because he gets rid of the ball quick.
Put Dak on the Giants and they would at least be 4-3. I think people have begun to vastly underestimate how much EPA dak provides. It's gigantic.

Vandyr

Reaction score
Good it will start their day out right. For both crowds. :muttley:

Pro - Dak: yeah agree, this is correct.
Anti - Dak: They can't disagree, so will infuriate them. :laugh:
Can easily disagree, what are you talking about? :facepalm:

Weren't you done with Dak like a week ago? LOL

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Can easily disagree, what are you talking about? :facepalm:

Weren't you done with Dak like a week ago? LOL
Being done with a player does not mean you always must be negative.
And my post had nothing to do with that. It was about the fans. As I was just pointing out some facts.

:facepalm: back at you.

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Umm in the NFL... Obviously you missed watching games from week to week how Jekyll and Hyde how the quarterbacks play in the teams play on a whole this is a week to week league and by the way everyone who wants to get rid of Prescott you just probably gonna replace him with someone worse you think he's gonna be better he's gonna be worse or a parallel move for what to satisfy the haters the trolls the people who think the grass is greener and you can easily replace a quarterback go look at the landscape of the NFL quarterbacks on all 32 teams and over the last decade how hard they are to find and yet this place thinks the replacements just a step away all we gotta do is get rid of Prescott and everything is fixed...

I think that's the point it isn't the state of quarterback play in the NFC East it's the state of quarterback play in the entire NFL... Quarterbacks have always gotten way too much credit and they get way too much of the blame that is a well known fact everybody needs a team around them the head coach needs a team the coordinators need a great team the quarterbacks could use a great team around them they need to support there's very rarely a single player on the football team I can carry a team to a championship this is not the NBA this is not golf...

This is a sport with the most moving parts and that any one of those moving parts has a bad day can ruin the entire day it can cause many losses...
Not too long ago I had a long...er...conversation...about how one player or play..can change the game. It's not always the last play of the game.

Yes...the are alot of workings and wheels and such. And certain things do have to happen for any other subsequent event to happen or matter.

But we should be able to discern a single event that mattered more than others?

CowboyoWales

Reaction score
There's the rub moving forward .....don't spend your CAP on an average QB, may as well use the resources securing an offensive identity.
As for the Dak v Hurts, if Dak were able to play with pocket mobility/awareness each week he'd get the nod over Hurts, without it Jalen gets it.