Dak is still the best QB in the division

Machete

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
This is simply not true. Hurts is hands down better in almost all aspects. A case could be made for Jones too.

stiletto

Reaction score
I think Dak has been overtaken by Hurts just because of Hurts' elusive capabilities. Dak once had some of that but it is completely gone from his game now or he is just too slow/old to do it anymore.

bottleKids

Reaction score
See this where your opinion is invalid, when people say things like this. Howell is not even half the QB that Dak is
He is an Eagles fan and everyone around here knows it..., don't even pay attention to him.

RonnieT24

Reaction score
I think Dak has been overtaken by Hurts just because of Hurts' elusive capabilities. Dak once had some of that but it is completely gone from his game now or he is just too slow/old to do it anymore.
Though I think the gap has closed some I still consider Dak the better QB of the two. Dak is still the more consistent passer both from the pocket and on the move. Yes Hurts has days when he is really "on" and it looks great but he seems to have more "off" days than Dak does and that's why I consider Dak superior. The running thing is great but Hurts is averaging less ypc than Zeke this year. Unless he tears off a few borderline 100 yard games on the ground I am not inclined to give that too much weight.

Reaction score
Dak Prescott has shown time and again that he possesses the leadership and skill necessary to carry his team on his back.

rnr_honeybadger

Reaction score
Dak Prescott has shown time and again that he possesses the leadership and skill necessary to carry his team on his back.
This is complete and utter bs. Dak Prescott has never in his entire 8 year tenure as QB ever carried a team with his play. He has elevated no one, he has never elevated his own play to meet a challenge. In fact the opposite has been the case, when challenged, he folds like a cheap suit. All this talk of leadership again is just hollow PR. His leadership certainly doesn't translate to anything he does on the field, any dummy can stand in front of a mike and throw out mindless catch phrases and claim to be angry and to do better.

stiletto

Reaction score
Though I think the gap has closed some I still consider Dak the better QB of the two. Dak is still the more consistent passer both from the pocket and on the move. Yes Hurts has days when he is really "on" and it looks great but he seems to have more "off" days than Dak does and that's why I consider Dak superior. The running thing is great but Hurts is averaging less ypc than Zeke this year. Unless he tears off a few borderline 100 yard games on the ground I am not inclined to give that too much weight.
I'm just not seeing it anymore that Dak is clearly better in passing either. Hurts is better on the physical side already. It's close passing but I think Hurts is actually more accurate than Dak already. It's only going to get better for Hurts. He hasn't hit his ceiling yet. Dak should be clearly better in year 8 but it's too close to call passing wise. That's sad to me.

Reaction score
I cant believe how many fair-weather fans the cowboys have.Dak Prescott has consistently performed well in his NFL career, showing a strong ability to lead his team and make accurate passes. He has maintained a high level of play over multiple seasons. His ability to inspire and rally his team is an essential quality in a quarterback. not to mention he can also make plays with his legs, which adds an extra dimension to his game....good grief

RonnieT24

Reaction score
I'm just not seeing it anymore that Dak is clearly better in passing either. Hurts is better on the physical side already. It's close passing but I think Hurts is actually more accurate than Dak already. It's only going to get better for Hurts. He hasn't hit his ceiling yet.
Then you're not paying attention. Just look at their common opponents..

New England: Hurts 22/33 (66.7%) 170 yards 1 TD 89.2 rating
Dak: 28/34 (84%) 261 yards 1 TD 108.5 rating

NY Jets: Hurts 28/45 (62.2%) 280 yards 1 TD 3 INT 59.5 rating
Dak: 31/38 (81.6%) 255 yards 2 TD 0 INT 112.2 rating

How about this:

Dak has 2 games above 80% completion rate... Hurts has none.
Dak has 2 games below 70% completion rate... Hurts has 5.
Dak has 4 INTs.. Hurts has 8.

Hurts has 2 fumbles.. Dak has none.

Statistically it's a first round TKO in favor of Dak.

I know it's fashionable to think because the Eagles keep winning that Hurts must be playing better than Dak. The fact of the matter he simply isn't. Hurts does have more rushing TDs 6 to 1. But It's debatable as to whether that alone trumps all the other areas in which he is being outplayed by Dak. I know it's a matter of opinion but in my opinion it's a no. But it's perfect fair to like what one sees with Hurts. Hell I like the way he's playing myself.. I just think at this point Dak is playing better. I'm not overly blinded by his two worst games. Just as people should not put too much weight on Hurts' two worst games.. which were at least as bad as Dak's. His team just picked him up and won one of them for him.

Flamma

Reaction score
There's the rub moving forward .....don't spend your CAP on an average QB, may as well use the resources securing an offensive identity.
As for the Dak v Hurts, if Dak were able to play with pocket mobility/awareness each week he'd get the nod over Hurts, without it Jalen gets it.
A lot of variables go into winning a game. Defense, Trenches, and supporting cast. Dak, Hurts, Jones, none of these QBs are going to be a difference maker. The best they can do is not screw it up. The better team is going to win. The elite QBs make a difference. The QBs in the NFC east aren't even at Tony Romo level.