Dak is the best QB the NFL has ever seen

Blackspider214

Reaction score
I also don't think we can pretend that there is any comparison to Kyle Orton's rookie season or the nature in which either played/plays the position. Orton's QB ratings over the 8-game winning streak in 2005 were 84.9, 77.5, 89.4, 43.3, 42.8, 68.8, 60.7 and 23.7. He later won a game with a 39.6 QB rating. He also threw 7 TDs and 7 INTs over the 8-game winning streak.

I'm not sure his level of play was even good enough to be considered that of a game manager, to be honest.

Not unrelated, here are the weekly points given up by the Bears' defense during that 8-game winning streak: 3, 6, 13, 17, 9, 3, 10, 7.

This dude is the worst poster on this site. He didn't even watch any of those games. He just spews out nonsense and hopes it sticks.

MileyDancer

Reaction score
Lol. I love Dak, but it's amazing how winning lets people completely forget about some really bad, errant throws. He made some BAD throws yesterday. With that said, he can only improve.

Redball Express

All Aboard!!!
Reaction score
He is the complete package. He is basically a Tom Brady that is more durable and more mobile. Not to mention his leadership and intangibles he brings to the table.

This is by no means an accident or some fluke. When you see how he makes everything look so effortless, it is because it is all routine to him at this point and he is extremely intelligent.

Can he improve? Absolutely! But, what we are witnessing is the beginning of greatness. Enjoy the ride!
Listen..

You need to stow that talk.

We have had horrible luck with our QBs..

from Romo'a injuries to not having a real backup for years.

Remember RG3?

He was just like DAK then boom..

he tore up his knee and everything caved in.

So realize DAK is a gift of unknown durarion.

Enjoy the ride and do not overstate things.

That way you don't get disappointed if something happens.

After nearly 50 years of following this team..

I keep expectationa low and like to be surprised.

It doesn't happen often.

Elusive6thRing

Reaction score
Listen..

You need to stow that talk.

We have had horrible luck with our QBs..

from Romo'a injuries to not having a real backup for years.

Remember RG3?

He was just like DAK then boom..

he tore up his knee and everything caved in.

So realize DAK is a gift of unknown durarion.

Enjoy the ride and do not overstate things.

That way you don't get disappointed if something happens.

After nearly 50 years of following this team..

I keep expectationa low and like to be surprised.

It doesn't happen often.

I agree with most of what you said but the 50 years of following this team and keeping expectations low doesn't make sense to me. We have 5 Super Bowls 2nd only to Steelers and there's many franchises who have zero so our history is not all bad. The last 20 years sure.

Sepia

Reaction score
I won't be as extreme as OP but I do think there is potential for Dak to be a generational talent. Sure, a lot could change this season, or next. But we've seen some indications: preseason, 8 game win-streak so far tying a franchise record, impressive stats, incredible poise, physical talent, high football IQ, Tom Brady comparisons, clutch gene, work ethic, leadership, likability, Jerry saying his preparation is unsurpassed by any QB he's known since being owner, etc. It's a compelling case, IMO. Hey, if people can laud Andrew Luck and others early on as if they are generational talents, why not Dak? If he continues to work hard, improve his flaws, and be coachable... I don't see why he can't be one of the best QBs of his generation.

Redball Express

All Aboard!!!
Reaction score
I agree with most of what you said but the 50 years of following this team and keeping expectations low doesn't make sense to me. We have 5 Super Bowls 2nd only to Steelers and there's many franchises who have zero so our history is not all bad. The last 20 years sure.
Oh..

I've been all over the map with this team.

Been to the SB against the Steelers that we won...

to the '66 NFL Championship against the Packers in the Cotton Bowl which we lost in a heartbreaker..

So I have good things to remember and some not so good.

Which is why a straight down the middle approach works for me.

These guys can find a way to break your heart or perform miracles.

Sometimes in the same game.

GimmeTheBall!

Junior College Transfer
Reaction score
He is the complete package. He is basically a Tom Brady that is more durable and more mobile. Not to mention his leadership and intangibles he brings to the table.

This is by no means an accident or some fluke. When you see how he makes everything look so effortless, it is because it is all routine to him at this point and he is extremely intelligent.

Can he improve? Absolutely! But, what we are witnessing is the beginning of greatness. Enjoy the ride!
I absolutely believe in Dak, but your headline is a bit over he top, matey!
Let's show some restraint.:)

Romotil45

Reaction score
I didn't bother because we both know Dak is better than a game manager. If a game manager means doesn't throw picks and gives you about 3 tds a game I'll take over gunslinger Romo.

I guess you do have a 3rd option continue to cry which is the option you always take.

Hmm I think your math is wrong let's see 3x9 is 27. Dak has 16 total TDs 14 passing 2 running. 16/9 is what 1.7 TD a game ? Screams game manager to me but that's OK Big Ben was a game manager early on so was Wilson. Against this weak schedule Romo may have averaged 3 passing TDs a game but not Dak not yet.

Luther

I am who they thought I was!
Reaction score

Stuff like this makes me embarrassed to be a Cowboy fan.

Elusive6thRing

Reaction score
Hmm I think your math is wrong let's see 3x9 is 27. Dak has 16 total TDs 14 passing 2 running. 16/9 is what 1.7 TD a game ? Screams game manager to me but that's OK Big Ben was a game manager early on so was Wilson. Against this weak schedule Romo may have averaged 3 passing TDs a game but not Dak not yet.

He ran for 4 TDs actually, but you're right it's still 2 per game I said that without looking at the stats. But how many INTs would Romo have? Dak has 2 total for the season. Romo averages 11.7 per season for his career 117 total. So you give and take some but Romo hasn't seen live game action in 1 year so we don't know if he would just be 2014 Romo automatically again, maybe maybe not. He threw 7 picks in 2015 in the 4 games he played. So to me if you're throwing about 1 Int a game and averaging 3 TDs per game that's about the same as 2 TDs with no interceptions.

Romotil45

Reaction score
Very idiotic.

Foles had a very good season in Phili then dropped of the map. Where would you rank him in those extremes ? I like Dak a lot believe he has a high ceiling but he has yet to prove staying power. N don't tell me Chips offense is gimicy Chips offense is sound. Is it QB friendly ? yes it is but it is sound. Our offense this year is also QB friendly it has been made very simple for Dak to make his reads less complicated due to all the flak Garrett n Lineman got after getting no production out of Weekend n Castle it appears they did some home work in the off season just n case Romo went down which he did.. Does that mean Dak will only be a game manager forever ? No just means that's where we are right now. 16 total TDs through 9 games. 1.7 TD per game average that's the definition of game manager I looked it up in Webster's lol.

Elusive6thRing

Reaction score
Say what you want but you cannot prove Romo would be playing at a high level right now after 1 year since live action with multiple injuries. You can only speculate and assume.

Also Dak is a game manager that manages the team to victories.

Elusive6thRing

Reaction score
Foles had a very good season in Phili then dropped of the map. Where would you rank him in those extremes ? I like Dak a lot believe he has a high ceiling but he has yet to prove staying power. N don't tell me Chips offense is gimicy Chips offense is sound. Is it QB friendly ? yes it is but it is sound. Our offense this year is also QB friendly it has been made very simple for Dak to make his reads less complicated due to all the flak Garrett n Lineman got after getting no production out of Weekend n Castle it appears they did some home work in the off season just n case Romo went down which he did.. Does that mean Dak will only be a game manager forever ? No just means that's where we are right now. 16 total TDs through 9 games. 1.7 TD per game average that's the definition of game manager I looked it up in Webster's lol.

I like how you say our offense "this year" is QB friendly to support your argument and you skip over last year when Romo was hurt and we could only win 1 game without him. It's the same offense, but now we have a real QB in there instead of Matt Cassel or Brandon Weeden. I don't care if you prefer Romo but stop hating and give Dak at least some credit.