Dak is the best QB the NFL has ever seen

Elusive6thRing

Reaction score
Foles had a very good season in Phili then dropped of the map. Where would you rank him in those extremes ? I like Dak a lot believe he has a high ceiling but he has yet to prove staying power. N don't tell me Chips offense is gimicy Chips offense is sound. Is it QB friendly ? yes it is but it is sound. Our offense this year is also QB friendly it has been made very simple for Dak to make his reads less complicated due to all the flak Garrett n Lineman got after getting no production out of Weekend n Castle it appears they did some home work in the off season just n case Romo went down which he did.. Does that mean Dak will only be a game manager forever ? No just means that's where we are right now. 16 total TDs through 9 games. 1.7 TD per game average that's the definition of game manager I looked it up in Webster's lol.

I like how you say our offense "this year" is QB friendly but to support your argument you skip over last year when Romo was hurt and we could only win 1 game without him. It's the same offense, but now we have a real QB in there instead of Matt Cassel or Brandon Weeden. I don't care if you prefer Romo but stop hating and give Dak at least some credit.

Romotil45

Reaction score
I'm curious as to your thoughts on the career of Troy Aikman? Essential cornerstone of the 90's dynasty? Or overrated game manager who had the all-time leading rusher to lean on?

Dak Prescott is essentially playing the role of 2014 Tony Romo, who two years ago was effectively playing the role of 90's Aikman. Two years ago, some national media folks foolishly said "the Cowboys finally figured out how to make Tony Romo a winner: by taking the ball out of his hands." Hogwash. Sure, the running game led the charge, as it is now, but Romo was a maestro in the way he orchestrated the offense. Pretending "anyone" could have filled that role was dumb then, and I believe it's also dumb now. Dak undoubtedly benefits from the talent he has around him, but they also benefit from what he's doing.

The diff is yes Romo can play the role of a game manager but he also has the ability to be prolific if need be in a shootout Dak just not there yet but could get there in a few season once he is better versed in the playbook and complicated NFL defenses.

Romotil45

Reaction score
I like how you say our offense "this year" is QB friendly to support your argument and you skip over last year when Romo was hurt and we could only win 1 game without him. It's the same offense, but now we have a real QB in there instead of Matt Cassel or Brandon Weeden. I don't care if you prefer Romo but stop hating and give Dak at least some credit.

You need to stop making accusations that are not true. I am very proud of Dak he has played very well for a rookie and I have said this again and again in my posts. I am being honest less than 2 passing touchdowns per game is a manager. That's not a knock on Dak it's simply where he is right now with a limited playbook and limited knowledge of complicated NFL defenses. Please tone down your rhetoric. Obviously Garrett n Linehan had difficulty simplfying the play book and reads for Weeden and Castle. Weeden went to Houston n played much better why ? Simpler offense. Romo is a smart guy and the offense was complicated. When your used to that it sometimes makes it hard for coaches to change gears. I'm not saying Weeden is better than Dak by any means. Just that obviously Garrett n Linehan found a way to simplify the offense for Dak in a way that is working for him.

percyhoward

Research Tool
Reaction score
Kyle Orton was a 4th round rookie game manager thrust into a starting role with the Bears. The Bears surprisingly went 11-5. Dak is pretty much the dictionary definition of a game manager. Plays with the league's leading rusher. Is 24th in the league in attempts and averages about 1.5 TDs per game. Takes care of the ball.
Some perspective. Prescott is 5th in the NFL in passing yards in the first half of games.

1st half passing yards
(games 1-9)
Brees 1428
Flacco 1416
Ryan 1394
Rivers 1352
Prescott 1301

He hasn't had many 2nd-half attempts because his team usually has the lead in the 2nd half. One of the reasons for that is Prescott's 1st-half passer rating, which ranks 2nd in the league.

1st-half passer rating
Ryan 112.5
Prescott 109.5
Rivers 104.4
Wilson 104.2
Roethlisberger 102.5

Most of the Cowboys' 1st-half yardage comes from his passing.

Dallas 1st-half yardage
passing 1,258 (62.8%)
rushing 744 (37.2%)

And that looks much more like Romo's 2014...

Dallas 1st-half yardage, 2014
passing 2,054 (62.7%)
rushing 1,223 (37.3%)

...than it does Orton's 2005

Chicago 1st-half yardage, 2005
passing 1,093 (53.5%)
rushing 949 (46.5%)

The 2005 Bears had the #1 defense in the NFL. In Orton's 10 wins, his defense allowed 7.7 points per game. His season passer rating was 59.7, and he only exceeded 200 yards passing in a game twice.

In Prescott's 8 wins, his defense has allowed 17.5 points per game. His season passer rating is 106.2, and he has exceeded 200 yards passing in all 9 of his starts.

Orton's offense didn't have to score points, and ranked 31st in points per drive. Prescott's does, and ranks 1st.

Prescott's having the league's leading rusher and ranking 24th in total attempts doesn't make him a game manager in the style of a Kyle Orton, any more than Romo's having the league's leading rusher and ranking 23rd in total attempts in 2014 made him one.

toto1939

Reaction score
You need to stop making accusations that are not true. I am very proud of Dak he has played very well for a rookie and I have said this again and again in my posts. I am being honest less than 2 passing touchdowns per game is a manager. That's not a knock on Dak it's simply where he is right now with a limited playbook and limited knowledge of complicated NFL defenses. Please tone down your rhetoric. Obviously Garrett n Linehan had difficulty simplfying the play book and reads for Weeden and Castle. Weeden went to Houston n played much better why ? Simpler offense. Romo is a smart guy and the offense was complicated. When your used to that it sometimes makes it hard for coaches to change gears. I'm not saying Weeden is better than Dak by any means. Just that obviously Garrett n Linehan found a way to simplify the offense for Dak in a way that is working for him.
While we're at it, why don't we put the running game in the hands of McFadden - a hardened veteran who doesn't have to have things 'simplified' for him either?

Elusive6thRing

Reaction score

You tell me to turn down my rhetoric yet you keep doing it when you call Dak a game manager, it's an insult and it's untrue. It's a small correction but you still haven't corrected what I told you Dak has 4 rushing TDs not 2 bringing his total TDs to 18, that's 2 per game. In Romo's 2014 year which was his best year he threw for 34 TDs and ran for 0 which is 2.12 per game, that's only a .12 difference, was Romo a game manager? If you take into account interceptions Romo threw for 9 which is a little more than one every other game Dak has thrown for 2 all season which is on pace for 3 or 4 for the year, and it's not a fluke Dak did the same thing in college he just doesn't throw many Ints. So at worst Dak is playing about the same level as Romo's best season at best if you include the interception argument you could say better.

Bleu Star

Bye Felicia!
Reaction score
What do y'all think of my new watch face? I'm all in..lol

txR8SMZ.jpg

TimHortons

TheXFactor
Reaction score
He is basically a Tom Brady

Really? How about we let him play more than 9 games before we start posting crap like this. I like Dak as much as anyone else but good god people get a hold of yourselves. Posts like this are just sad.

Romotil45

Reaction score
While we're at it, why don't we put the running game in the hands of McFadden - a hardened veteran who doesn't have to have things 'simplified' for him either?

Does that make sense ? Are you comparing the role of a QB and RB ? You realize that doesn't make sense right. RB sometimes read the box n count defenders they often read a down defender to make cuts that's about it as reads go. I'm not sure you are understanding the complexities of NFL offenses and defenses. I can point you to an example of one online a few years back or send you a more recent one in the mail. They are very complex. Dak most certainly has benefited from a much simpler playbook than what Romo has available to him do to his years of experience.

plasticman

Reaction score
It is a symbiotic relationship between all the different squads. That same great offensive couldnt make Weeden or Cassel look good.and.They automatically turn Randle into a.dangerous weapon....on the field.

There were comments last season that they struggled on the O-line but this season they are one of the best.

No doubt this line makes the game less dangerous for Dak and Zeke but it is also true visa versa. Their skill and abilities make blocking easier for the line.

The same.type of cooperation exists between the Cowboys defense and offense. Their success is not independent.

Clove

Shrinkage
Reaction score
The diff is yes Romo can play the role of a game manager but he also has the ability to be prolific if need be in a shootout Dak just not there yet but could get there in a few season once he is better versed in the playbook and complicated NFL defenses.
so please list of things that Dak Prescott has not done to get us to 8 - 1?

Romotil45

Reaction score
You tell me to turn down my rhetoric yet you keep doing it when you call Dak a game manager, it's an insult and it's untrue. It's a small correction but you still haven't corrected what I told you Dak has 4 rushing TDs not 2 bringing his total TDs to 18, that's 2 per game. In Romo's 2014 year which was his best year he threw for 34 TDs and ran for 0 which is 2.12 per game, that's only a .12 difference, was Romo a game manager? If you take into account interceptions Romo threw for 9 which is a little more than one every other game Dak has thrown for 2 all season which is on pace for 3 or 4 for the year, and it's not a fluke Dak did the same thing in college he just doesn't throw many Ints. So at worst Dak is playing about the same level as Romo's best season at best if you include the interception argument you could say better.

You are assuming a game manager is a negative you would assume wrong Dak being a good game manager is a testament to his character. You listen to the media too much game managers are not a bad thing. Dak is not a prolific passer yet but he very well could be someday. Romo has been a very prolific passer for sometime now and has also shown he can manage a game when need be. In 2014 when an added focus was given to the run game Romo still threw 34 TDs even though his attempts went down. Through 8 games Dak threw 12 over a 16 game season that would be 24. Do you see the difference between 34 and 24 ? Note on my third post I stated Dak is averaging less than 2 PASSING TDs a game on my third post you are correct he has 4 rushing TDs. He has 14 passing TDs in 9 games that's ruffly 1.6 passing TDs per game average. That's not prolific. Prolific passers average around 3 TD's a game. Daks not there yet. Thats points being left on the field.

irishline

Reaction score
I like how you say our offense "this year" is QB friendly to support your argument and you skip over last year when Romo was hurt and we could only win 1 game without him. It's the same offense, but now we have a real QB in there instead of Matt Cassel or Brandon Weeden. I don't care if you prefer Romo but stop hating and give Dak at least some credit.

To say our offense is the same as last year and state that Dak was the only thing that changed is not exactly telling the whole picture. Unless of course you think what Zeke has done this year is the same as what the RB's did last year.

Forget they we were missing Dez last year. Or the fact that our offensive line had to switch blocking schemes to fit our running back which anyone could see was having an adverse affect on their overall play (not that they weren't good last year but 2014 and this year have been a whole different level). Or that Linehan seemingly couldn't call an effective game to save his life.

I think Dak is playing great, I am happy as anyone with him. I also am not for just giving the ball back to Romo. But your picking and choosing what is the same as last years offense is not helping your cause (imho). There are plenty of changes this year that deserve credit, Dak is just one of them (albeit a big one).

Romotil45

Reaction score
so please list of things that Dak Prescott has not done to get us to 8 - 1?

He's simply not a prolific passer YET. He often reverts to poor mechanics n poor footwork. He throws the ball up on occasion in the middle of the field under pressure. He will occasionally when he gets confused with the defensive look throw into double coverage. But that's what Rookies do its not a knock on him that Romo with his experience is better it is to be expected.

Alohawg1

Reaction score
And as soon he loses is epic fashion fans will call for the greatest ever to have a seat.

Clove

Shrinkage
Reaction score
He's simply not a prolific passer YET. He often reverts to poor mechanics n poor footwork. He throws the ball up on occasion in the middle of the field under pressure. He will occasionally when he gets confused with the defensive look throw into double coverage. But that's what Rookies do its not a knock on him that Romo with his experience is better it is to be expected.
could you please explain to me how the ball is getting into the endzone through the air?

Maxmadden

Reaction score
He is the complete package. He is basically a Tom Brady that is more durable and more mobile. Not to mention his leadership and intangibles he brings to the table.

This is by no means an accident or some fluke. When you see how he makes everything look so effortless, it is because it is all routine to him at this point and he is extremely intelligent.

Can he improve? Absolutely! But, what we are witnessing is the beginning of greatness. Enjoy the ride!
This is such an asinine post. It gives me a sense of hopelessness for the rest of my life. I understand that half the population is below average intelligence, but is there another realm not yet discovered?

Clove

Shrinkage
Reaction score
okay I'll give you that, Tony Romo is a better passer but Dak Prescott is a better football player.

weaver21

Reaction score
I am starting to wonder if Gabe is Dak himself lol. I've never seen a fan love a player so much like Gabe loves Dak.