Dak is the best QB the NFL has ever seen

Clove

Shrinkage
Reaction score
I am starting to wonder if Gabe is Dak himself lol. I've never seen a fan love a player so much like Gabe loves Dak.
If I with hold 20 years of water from you, you'll be slopping it down like it's candy. It's been 20 years since we've won the Super Bowl, guy has a right to be excited.

Elusive6thRing

Reaction score
To say our offense is the same as last year and state that Dak was the only thing that changed is not exactly telling the whole picture. Unless of course you think what Zeke has done this year is the same as what the RB's did last year.

Forget they we were missing Dez last year. Or the fact that our offensive line had to switch blocking schemes to fit our running back which anyone could see was having an adverse affect on their overall play (not that they weren't good last year but 2014 and this year have been a whole different level). Or that Linehan seemingly couldn't call an effective game to save his life.

I think Dak is playing great, I am happy as anyone with him. I also am not for just giving the ball back to Romo. But your picking and choosing what is the same as last years offense is not helping your cause (imho). There are plenty of changes this year that deserve credit, Dak is just one of them (albeit a big one).

I should have clarified that better because i figured it would get a response from someone. I didn't mean the offense was the same like the players, obviously Run DMC is no Zeke, I meant the offense was the same as in the type of offense we ran. Romotil45 said this year only the offense we're running is suddenly meant to be better for a QB and defended Bradon Weeden, please.

If anything what he said was more of a defense for Dak because he said Weeden did well in Houston after leaving, just shows it's a complicated offense and Dak picked it up faster than Weeden or Cassel. Yeah it's probably not the full offense but doesn't matter it's not as if the coaches last year didn't do things to Weeden and Cassel's strengths too but it failed.

Romotil45

Reaction score
could you please explain to me how the ball is getting into the endzone through the air?

Dak is throwing TDs into the end zone at a rate on average through 9 games at 1.6 a game. 14 Passing touchdowns devided by 9 is 1.55. That is not considered prolific. By definition a passer who averages two or less passing TDs a game and effectively manages a ball control offense to victory and avoids unnecessary turnovers. That by NFL standards is a game manager. That doesn't sound so bad does it ? Why does that infuriate people when an analysis refers to a rookie as a game manager. That is exactly what you want in a Rookie. OK a 5 year vet maybe that's a nock on the guy maybe not, maybe it's by design. Some coaches prefer a ball control approach unless you have to open the game up in a shootout. MOST successful ball control teams in the playoffs have better defenses than us. They generally have Top ten defenses and a very good pass-rush. We will need to open up the offense to beat better teams. To best accomplish this you insert Romo about week 15. This gives you the best shot at being successful in the playoffs.

Clove

Shrinkage
Reaction score
Dak is throwing TDs into the end zone at a rate on average through 9 games at 1.6 a game. 14 Passing touchdowns devided by 9 is 1.55. That is not considered prolific. By definition a passer who averages two or less passing TDs a game and effectively manages a ball control offense to victory and avoids unnecessary turnovers. That by NFL standards is a game manager. That doesn't sound so bad does it ? Why does that infuriate people when an analysis refers to a rookie as a game manager. That is exactly what you want in a Rookie. OK a 5 year vet maybe that's a nock on the guy maybe not, maybe it's by design. Some coaches prefer a ball control approach unless you have to open the game up in a shootout. MOST successful ball control teams in the playoffs have better defenses than us. They generally have Top ten defenses and a very good pass-rush. We will need to open up the offense to beat better teams. To best accomplish this you insert Romo about week 15. This gives you the best shot at being successful in the playoffs.
should we score 42 points a game instead of the mere twenty something that we already score? I'm asking because Romo actually scored more, but that didn't really mean anything.

Romotil45

Reaction score
I should have clarified that better because i figured it would get a response from someone. I didn't mean the offense was the same like the players, obviously Run DMC is no Zeke, I meant the offense was the same as in the type of offense we ran. Romotil45 said this year only the offense we're running is suddenly meant to be better for a QB and defended Bradon Weeden, please.

If anything what he said was more of a defense for Dak because he said Weeden did well in Houston after leaving, just shows it's a complicated offense and Dak picked it up faster than Weeden or Cassel. Yeah it's probably not the full offense but doesn't matter it's not as if the coaches last year didn't do things to Weeden and Cassel's strengths too but it failed.

That's not exactly my point my point was Garrett and Linehan in response to poor execution by backups last year had a plan to better simplfy the offense in case Romo went down. This " make no mistake" is a part of Daks success this season a more simplified offense with easier reads. Is it the same personel ? It is similar but Zeke is a definite upgrade the diff is most likely a simpler offense combined with Daks maturity poise and attention to detail in execution. That's no knock on him at all. It's says more about Garrett n Linehan getting it right than it says about Dak. Some see the success of our team as Dak all of a sudden being a Romo caliber player but that's just not the case YET. Dak has played great for a rookie but he has a ways to go to be the caliber player Romo is when healthy. Romos ability to stay healthy is a concern hense the desire to delay his return to limit his exposure to injury.

TrailBlazer

Reaction score
Dak is incredible. If his mechanics and accuracy were more consistent it would be totally unfair to the other 31 teams. That's what keeps him humble. Can't be perfect at everything as a rookie.

Romotil45

Reaction score
should we score 42 points a game instead of the mere twenty something that we already score? I'm asking because Romo actually scored more, but that didn't really mean anything.

I would estimate we would score 7-10 more points a game with Romo. Should we do that now. Not in my opinion. Now you let Dak play for 4 more weeks unless he falls apart. Why ? You limit Romos exposure to injury and get Dak as much playing experience as possible. But playoff time you WILL see Romo even if Dak is healthy.

Clove

Shrinkage
Reaction score
I would estimate we would score 7-10 more points a game with Romo. Should we do that now. Not in my opinion. Now you let Dak play for 4 more weeks unless he falls apart. Why ? You limit Romos exposure to injury and get Dak as much playing experience as possible. But playoff time you WILL see Romo even if Dak is healthy.
I'd rather not see the mistake prong Tony Romo in the playoffs at all.

Romotil45

Reaction score
I'd rather not see the mistake prong Tony Romo in the playoffs at all.

Mistake prone ? Hmm that's sounds a little jaded. All QBs throw INTs. Farve threw 508 TDs with 336 INTs and is a HOFer. Romo has a much better INT to TD ratio. Farve threw 1.5 TDs for every pick. Tonys over 2:1 ratio. The knock on Romo is he hasn't won the big game (SB) or that he is 2:4 in playoff appearances but analysists largely agree Tony's teams were not complete and likely to fail. It fact many consider Romo underrated or put another way he over achieved on lackluster teams. Early in his career in order to be competitive Romo tried to carry the team often to regular season success. Once your in the playoffs things change dramatically. Without a good online to protect him n no run game to speak of and lackluster defensive play Romo and the Cowboys were doomed to fail. Romo is often mentioned in the "Best QB to not win a SB" . If things go well that could change this season. You will see Tony in a few weeks.

Clove

Shrinkage
Reaction score
Mistake prone ? Hmm that's sounds a little jaded. All QBs throw INTs. Farve threw 508 TDs with 336 INTs and is a HOFer. Romo has a much better INT to TD ratio. Farve threw 1.5 TDs for every pick. Tonys over 2:1 ratio. The knock on Romo is he hasn't won the big game (SB) or that he is 2:4 in playoff appearances but analysists largely agree Tony's teams were not complete and likely to fail. It fact many consider Romo underrated or put another way he over achieved on lackluster teams. Early in his career in order to be competitive Romo tried to carry the team often to regular season success. Once your in the playoffs things change dramatically. Without a good online to protect him n no run game to speak of and lackluster defensive play Romo and the Cowboys were doomed to fail. Romo is often mentioned in the "Best QB to not win a SB" . If things go well that could change this season. You will see Tony in a few weeks.
Favre won a super bowl

mrmojo

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Did we win the SB in 2014? People make it sound like it was the greatest year in Cowboys history.

dallasfan4lizife

Reaction score
I like Romo. I just think it's time to think about the future. Let Dak develop and learn. Let him make mistakes. He'll be that much more impressive in the long run.

Dale

Forum Architect
Reaction score
Troy was absolutely a game manager, but it was by design. At any time, he could reach back and draw on the size, accuracy and arm talent that made him a number one overall pick. Dak is a dink and dunk Day 3 rookie... at any time, he can reach back and deliver... another 7 yard completion to a crossing Cole Beasley. You can't make the comparison... Dak just doesn't have the passing ability. As long as he has all day to throw and can see his targets come open, he's really great.

To me, the dink and dunk argument was proven defunct about a month ago. Check any number of the metrics that are posted on here on a near daily basis, and Dak ranks nowhere among the dink-and-dunk passers. If he's a dink-and-dunker, there are about 28 dink-and-dunk QBs in the game right now.

And I absolutely disagree about only having the passing ability when given all day to throw. The 50-yard TD pass to Dez, for instance, required terrific footwork and presence in the pocket to sidestep the rusher and deliver a dime for the go-ahead score. It was far from a clean pocket. And what about the 3rd down completion to Witten late in the 4th quarter. He looked Romo-esque in terms of the ball placement to Witten as he comes out of his route.

SportsGuru80

CowboysYanksLakers
Reaction score
Whooooa calm down and pump theeee brakes. I love this kid but let's not get ahead of ourselves.

GimmeTheBall!

Junior College Transfer
Reaction score
Hmm I think your math is wrong let's see 3x9 is 27. Dak has 16 total TDs 14 passing 2 running. 16/9 is what 1.7 TD a game ? Screams game manager to me but that's OK Big Ben was a game manager early on so was Wilson. Against this weak schedule Romo may have averaged 3 passing TDs a game but not Dak not yet.
Say what you want but you cannot prove Romo would be playing at a high level right now after 1 year since live action with multiple injuries. You can only speculate and assume.

Also Dak is a game manager that manages the team to victories.

Well done, lad! Well said!
The Romonians are so upset there is a new sheriff in town.
Could it also be that Romo, if durable, could have us at 4-5? He has struggled before, even when younger and not chronically injured.
But back to reality.
8-1.
And Dak led us there.

DandyDon52

Reaction score
I won't be as extreme as OP but I do think there is potential for Dak to be a generational talent. Sure, a lot could change this season, or next. But we've seen some indications: preseason, 8 game win-streak so far tying a franchise record, impressive stats, incredible poise, physical talent, high football IQ, Tom Brady comparisons, clutch gene, work ethic, leadership, likability, Jerry saying his preparation is unsurpassed by any QB he's known since being owner, etc. It's a compelling case, IMO. Hey, if people can laud Andrew Luck and others early on as if they are generational talents, why not Dak? If he continues to work hard, improve his flaws, and be coachable... I don't see why he can't be one of the best QBs of his generation.
great post , well stated.