Dak: Just how people feel - What it says if the contract isn't done before season

McKDaddy

Reaction score
Why though? Why would he not join free agency and lock up a bigger bag? Especially since a team doesn’t have to lose draft compensation to get you?
because he could have gotten the new cash & guaranteed money quicker and protected himself from injury. now this is all dependent on some other organization being willing to trade for him & pay him at or near top of scale.

leeblair

Reaction score
It’s been 28 years. How many more you need? 50?
Yeah, it's a shame Dak has been forced to consort with the low-lifes who play for the Cowboys.
I think he just needs a fresh start with a real team that demands accountability from its players.
I wonder if the rest of the Cowboys know how Dak really feels about them?
Fifty-two players are letting this fanbase down while Dak suffers.
Yeah, he needs to go somewhere else and receive the accolades he deserves!

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
because he could have gotten the new cash & guaranteed money quicker and protected himself from injury. now this is all dependent on some other organization being willing to trade for him & pay him at or near top of scale.
He’s shown he can get hurt and still get a bag. Kirk Cousin showed it as well. I guess there’s a scenario where he gets hurt or leads the league in interceptions but I don’t see a scenario where it hurts him. If the floor is a Kirk Cousins contract then it’s not much of a risk if the ceiling is 60 million a year plus.

Vtwin

Safety third
Reaction score
s
I ask you one question and you go off the deep end lol. If I was trying to take you down a rabbit hole it certainly wouldn’t be too hard based on how ya’ll react to questions.
See? There you go again....

You characterize it as asking me one question. For the record, here is your question, "So let me get this straight if he leaves Dallas you think no one is gonna a pick him up to start?"

Technically, it was phrased as a question, but it very clearly is an obvious misinterpretation of what I said designed to try and back me into a corner defending something I never inferred, insinuated, implied or said. (i.e. a rabbit hole)

In other words, the vast majority of people who read those three simple sentences would not interpret it the way you chose to interpret it.

Expecting anyone to respond to your dumb, agenda driven, goalpost moving and ridiculous questions is asinine.

However, we all know you always choose war, so here we are again.

Here is my response to any and all follow-up posts you might make to me in this thread. Just to get it out of the way in advance...... "Ok".

Creeper

Reaction score
Jerry creates this unnecessary animosity with his star players. Jerry has to know what he is willing to do for Dak, and he has to know by now what Dak wants. Either get it done or tell him you are not going to give him what he wants.

But, we have no idea what either side has offered or said so we are grasping at straws. I will say this, if Dak is asking for $60 million and Jerry is saying no, I support Jerry.

erod

Reaction score
Yeah, it's a shame Dak has been forced to consort with the low-lifes who play for the Cowboys.
I think he just needs a fresh start with a real team that demands accountability from its players.
The Cowboys need a fresh start with a real quarterback.

Dak is already way overpaid. Now he wants to be insanely overpaid.

He is the biggest problem on this roster to go deep into the playoffs.

Period.

McKDaddy

Reaction score
He’s shown he can get hurt and still get a bag. Kirk Cousin showed it as well. I guess there’s a scenario where he gets hurt or leads the league in interceptions but I don’t see a scenario where it hurts him. If the floor is a Kirk Cousins contract then it’s not much of a risk if the ceiling is 60 million a year plus.
If he's that confident in his market value, why not create the feeding frenzy as quickly as you can?

Would you as a 31 year old QB bet that you could get hurt & still get a top of the market deal from a new organization?

AAV of 45 versus 60 is a pretty significant risk in my humble opinion. 33.333% difference.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
I see what you’re doing lol. You’re trying to alleviate blame off Jerry. Very slick lol.
s

See? There you go again....

You characterize it as asking me one question. For the record, here is your question, "So let me get this straight if he leaves Dallas you think no one is gonna a pick him up to start?"

Technically, it was phrased as a question, but it very clearly is an obvious misinterpretation of what I said designed to try and back me into a corner defending something I never inferred, insinuated, implied or said. (i.e. a rabbit hole)

In other words, the vast majority of people who read those three simple sentences would not interpret it the way you chose to interpret it.

Expecting anyone to respond to your dumb, agenda driven, goalpost moving and ridiculous questions is asinine.

However, we all know you always choose war, so here we are again.

Here is my response to any and all follow-up posts you might make to me in this thread. Just to get it out of the way in advance...... "Ok".
its probably for the best. Some aren’t capable. There’s like two others who do the same and it works for them. Well Whyjerry says he’s scared to reply to me because he thinks I told the mods on him. But yeah you should follow suit.

Only thing is though half of your posts are dedicated to me. Gonna be a large void. Let’s see how you do though I have hope.

JBS

Reaction score
That's not leverage against Dallas if they don't feel he's worth it. I have employees come to me with offer letters from other facilities all the time.

If they are someone I want to keep, I match or beat it. If not, then I give them a handshake and tell them good luck at your next job.

The first person in these 2 scenarios had leverage. The second did not.
It is leverage against Dallas bc he holds all of the cards..the Jones’ themselves have admitted this.

JBS

Reaction score
What do you care for more, Dak getting paid or the team improving enough to start competing for championships?
I’m not for a Dak extension. That doesn’t mean I’m ignorant to the fact that he has all of the leverage

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
Since they changed the format it’s made searching posts difficult. I use my phone for this forum so maybe I need to use my computer to search the forum. One of the older formats when I first signed on here had a good search function.
I use the forum using a desktop.
I can't find search functionality on it.
Possible that they allow Google or others to crawl it and we could do search from there.

khiladi

Reaction score
That is a true conundrum.

A team serious about winning will never win with Dak at QB.
We were 5-1 with Cooper Rush.. During that stretch, all his fanboys were sweating hard and their excuse at the time was, all Dallas needs to do when Dak returns is call the same offense they are using with Rush.. Then he came back and led the league in INTs in 10 games.

That’s all you need to know..

khiladi

Reaction score
They can NOT seem to understand this. If he truly believe the grass greener, he should have pursued that path to lock up the bag sooner.
If he has all the leverage, you would think he would have been sitting with CeeDee on the couch, not in training camp worried his back-ups would make him look even more expendable

ChuckA1

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
That’s your plan, to go find another QB? Have any idea how long that might take? That could take years, just look around the league. Dak may not be Tom Brady, but he’s one of the best QBs we’ve had. He’s led us to the most NFC East titles since Troy Aikman. He’s led us to the playoffs three straight years, which is the most since Troy Aikman. He led us to our only road playoff win since our last Super Bowl win. If you think it’s going to be easy replacing him you’re kidding yourself.
Probably won't take 8 years.