Dak: Just how people feel - What it says if the contract isn't done before season

McKDaddy

Reaction score
If he has all the leverage, you would think he would have been sitting with CeeDee on the couch, not in training camp worried his back-ups would make him look even more expendable
Heck, should have done it before the draft so it could have all been sorted out nicely. I mean, if they wanted me as bad as he thinks they want him, I'd of been all about having my record setting deal wrapped up before I ever stepped foot on another practice field.

NotForLong

Reaction score
Sorry, but he didn’t have the kind of leverage he does now. The more leaves that have fallen the more leverage he’s been getting. Now it’s less than two weeks before the season opener and he has the Joneses backed into a tight corner. They could have worked out something a lot sooner, but they wanted the leaves to fall and now they have a dilemma. The QB they gave up a 4th round draft pick for that they were hoping could be his replacement is flaming out like he did in San Francisco. The Cowboys are walking a tight rope without a safety net not having a viable option at QB to turn to. Dak couldn’t be sitting any better than he is. He knows what lies ahead for him in free agency and we know what lies ahead of us if we can’t get him signed and he walks.
Lance looks promising

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Heck, should have done it before the draft so it could have all been sorted out nicely. I mean, if they wanted me as bad as he thinks they want him, I'd of been all about having my record setting deal wrapped up before I ever stepped foot on another practice field.
If Dak had held out like Lamb he would have a deal done lol. Be thankful he didn’t lol.

NotForLong

Reaction score
That was the look you saw from your perspective. I haven’t seen that look and I’m a very objective fan. Just because a QB makes a bad throw in a big game, doesn’t mean they have that deer in the headlights look. You could put that spin on any QB that’s made a poor throw in a big game. He’s made some big throws in big games before. Being able to afford to build a stout defense doesn’t mean you will. We could put a ton of money into the defense and it doesn’t mean those players will turn out. Draft picks go bust and don’t develop the way you hoped. Not all free agent signings pan out. The Cowboys haven’t had a great defense since the mid 90s. They haven’t had defenses that have shown up in the playoffs since then. We have players that quit on defense. One of our own players admitted that.
My girlfriend is from Uruguay and I was introducing her to the NFL. She comes from a soccer back ground so she knows about competitive men fighting to win games. 1st thing she mentions is and I quote, "Who is that and Why does he look so scared?"

I told her He was the QB, The leader on the field. She said they are not gonna win nothing

Now if a Woman watching her 1st season of the NFL can see it, why can't you?

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
Since they changed the format it’s made searching posts difficult. I use my phone for this forum so maybe I need to use my computer to search the forum. One of the older formats when I first signed on here had a good search function.
We have a support forum I forgot about.

Here's a post. Says we have no search feature. Suggests we use google.

***Search feature for the Cowboyszone***

I'm not having much luck searching with google here.

Once upon a time all forum software had that. It was a given. But such is the way of the world, and social media in particular, that everything is considered disposable.

Vtwin

Safety third
Reaction score
You lying. :laugh:
Absolutely nailed it.

Good enough to become "fools gold". Check.
Will leave a trail littered with scapegoats, Check
The good qualities will not be able to make up for the fatal flaws. Check
Will never win anything of significance, Check.

My only regret was resisting the urge to go ahead and label him a Coach Killer after one season. I should have went ahead and put that down in writing as well.

All posted right here on this very forum. Twice, in fact.

nate dizzle

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
It is leverage against Dallas bc he holds all of the cards..the Jones’ themselves have admitted this.
What cards? He is under contract for this season. That's the situation. If the Jones boys feel like waiting to see what he does this year before offering him what he wants, then that's what it will be. Leverage implies that he can force their hand. He can't, obviously.

NotForLong

Reaction score
It doesn’t matter if it’s their first payday. Some of those QBs haven’t even accomplished what Dak did his first four seasons and they’re getting paid a lot more. Would you be thrilled with paying Tua over $53 million per season with $167 million guaranteed? Do you think he’s more deserving than Dak? How about having to make Trevor Lawrence the highest paid QB in the league, despite the fact he’s only led his team to the playoffs once and his numbers regressed this past season? Go look at his career numbers. He hasn’t come close to living up to the hype he had coming out of college. No way does he get paid had he been drafted in the later rounds. Dak has played exceptionally well with the supporting casts he’s had. He’s carried the team at times, which has resulted in the big numbers he’s put up. The problem isn’t him it’s the team around him. The team doesn’t step up in the playoffs, especially the defense. We’re not going to win with any QB with the defensive performances we’ve had in the postseason.
He has never carried the team . . . ever