Dak: Just how people feel - What it says if the contract isn't done before season

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
It is a sad state of affairs when we have lower so much of this franchise standards. Now winning a single road playoff game justify that we need keep the player at all cost.
With your plan it may be years before we ever make the playoffs again.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Is there a search function for the forum?
I think I looked around sometime in the last few months and couldn't find one.
Since they changed the format it’s made searching posts difficult. I use my phone for this forum so maybe I need to use my computer to search the forum. One of the older formats when I first signed on here had a good search function.

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
To me, it sounds like Jerry's willing to wait until the results Dak is able to get by the end of this year, before committing to a new contract for him. Of course, it's fairly possible that Jerry is merely posturing, while hoping Dak and his agent submit to less than their previous demands. We'll see.

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
That may be fine to you and a lot of other fans, but it won’t be fine when we’re suffering through a QB carousel of castoffs trying to replace him.
Trust me we can find QB to beat the Giants and D.C. and every other dog team mostly at home.
Heck Rush went 5-1 what the heck are you selling man???

leeblair

Reaction score
Sounds like he realized he wants to maybe play for a team serious about winning.
I hope Dak finds a team that is serious about winning.
Apparently the Cowboys have let him down and are the reason he doesn't have a ring. It's a shame that the players in Dallas aren't good enough to lift Dak up.
He must surely be disgusted having to play with his teammates.
I hope he goes somewhere else so that his greatness is appreciated.

nate dizzle

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
won’t be weird when he’s making 60M+ in 6 months..
That's not leverage against Dallas if they don't feel he's worth it. I have employees come to me with offer letters from other facilities all the time.

If they are someone I want to keep, I match or beat it. If not, then I give them a handshake and tell them good luck at your next job.

The first person in these 2 scenarios had leverage. The second did not.

khiladi

Reaction score
Let’s be clear here:

Jerry has provided Dak a supporting cast ever since he’s been here. It’s not Jerry’s fault that he couldn’t field HOF starters at every position year in and year out to compensate for Dak’s inability to throw after his first read.

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Let’s be clear here:

Jerry has provided Dak a supporting cast ever since he’s been here. It’s not Jerry’s fault that he couldn’t field HOF starters at every position year in and year out to compensate for Dak’s inability to throw after his first read.
The 2016 team had Superbowl written all over it, but winning is a non-option when you score only 13 pts in 3 Quarters of football vs the Pack (Like he always does pretty much till the defense goes prevent).

1234T
GB7147634
DAL31001831

khiladi

Reaction score
I remember his post match comments following his latest embarrassing performance in the play offs against the Packers.

From memory he said something along the lines of, we (offense) couldn't get it going early on but we found our rhythm in the second half. I mean the lack of self awareness was hilarious. Perhaps because you personally gave them two touchdowns in the first half and the Packers had the game won before half time. Then prevent defense and the 3rd stringers coming in with the Packers happy to give up small chunk plays to eat the clock allowed Prescott to put up (almost) respectable box stats...pathetic! Delusions of grandeur!!!!!
It also shows his mentality,

1. Pad stats to make himself look better and think he can fool the masses.

2. He had no business being in that game if he was “elite” and risking injury, since the game was that far out of reach. There was plenty if time left to let other QBs get playing time reps.

3. It shows nothing was wrong with him. He’s just a mediocre QB that only gets by playing bums and when everything is going his way against mediocre teams who have basically given up, he’ll “pour it on”.

khiladi

Reaction score
I love these asinine comparisons with guys like Trevor Lawrence and Tua.

Even if you don’t think they are “worth it”, they are on their first contracts after their rookie ones and getting paid based on potential and playing in disaster situations if franchises that were rock bottom before they came.

Dak already got that overpaid contract and sucked it up. Dak stepped into a loaded franchise.

khiladi

Reaction score
Patience please as when he goes to his new team the pampering he has received in Dallas will not be in play for him.
He won't last 1 season with his new team (probably get injured it's a psyche thing for him which by the way runs in the family) before he hits the bench.
Just wait.................be patient ..............his demise will be fast once he leaves his Uncle Jerry.
Just like Jason Garrett in NY. Even Mara couldn’t save him from the NY media and fan base.

Jerry has been coddling Dak since he’s been here, they literally just dumbed down the offense for him last season, and Dak knows it and it’s probably why Dak has been so quiet this time around and doesn’t have Tad and his boys doing the dirty work on Twitter.