Dak: Just how people feel - What it says if the contract isn't done before season

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
Tanking would lower his value, by a lot, for the next team.
Which Jerry might consider a good thing.

Dak's not the only one who can tank.

Our stable of RBs looks like an intentional hobble to me, as does doing nothing to improve at WR. And even going with two rookie olinemen.

Optimization Problem: Make the offense look bad *this year* without hampering future years.

If they were trying to implement a solution to that optimization problem, how would our offseason look worse for the offense?

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Absolutely nailed it.

Good enough to become "fools gold". Check.
Will leave a trail littered with scapegoats, Check
The good qualities will not be able to make up for the fatal flaws. Check
Will never win anything of significance, Check.

My only regret was resisting the urge to go ahead and label him a Coach Killer after one season. I should have went ahead and put that down in writing as well.

All posted right here on this very forum. Twice, in fact.
Oh ok so basically you reiterated the same things people said about Romo. I don’t know about coach killer but i can believe you said this stuff. Nothing that crazy. It’s like predicting the Cowboys are a accident waiting to happen lol.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
everything. don't try to play dumb now. man up and admit it.
VTwin rattled his off. I’ll give him his due his predictions have so far been right.

I’ve been on this site a long time. I’ve seen all the foolish things said about Dak…he’s not accurate, he will never be a mvp candidate, never make an all pro, can’t throw over 200 yards….there’s been hundreds of things predicted but I’m gonna guess conveniently you never predicted anything that didn’t come true lol.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
My girlfriend is from Uruguay and I was introducing her to the NFL. She comes from a soccer back ground so she knows about competitive men fighting to win games. 1st thing she mentions is and I quote, "Who is that and Why does he look so scared?"

I told her He was the QB, The leader on the field. She said they are not gonna win nothing

Now if a Woman watching her 1st season of the NFL can see it, why can't you?
You just admitted she knows. Nothing about football why on earth are you using her as a reliable source lol?

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Oh yea, and, I also called out the BS leadership aura.

Wait, what's that sound? Sounds like chickens coming home to roost, to me. lol
What’s the bs leadership aura? You speak as if this guy didn’t just win 12 games and made all pro. You hoped he’d suck. You didn’t know.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
don't try to act like you & others haven't made a lot of predictions as "facts" as to what was going to happen
I intentionally don’t make guarantees I don’t know what you’re talking about. My stance has always been wait and see. When Dak leaves I’ll admit my wrongs. But everything I said he could do he’s done. Only thing is winning a ring. Hasn’t done it yet.

McKDaddy

Reaction score
VTwin rattled his off. I’ll give him his due his predictions have so far been right.

I’ve been on this site a long time. I’ve seen all the foolish things said about Dak…he’s not accurate, he will never be a mvp candidate, never make an all pro, can’t throw over 200 yards….there’s been hundreds of things predicted but I’m gonna guess conveniently you never predicted anything that didn’t come true lol.
I'm pretty sure you said me, @Vtwin, @PAPPYDOG and anyone else that said anything about his flaws were foolish, unknowledgeable, completely out of touch with reality and doing so out of ulterior motives.

I KNOW you have defended & promoted Dak non stop.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
I'm pretty sure you said me, @Vtwin, @PAPPYDOG and anyone else that said anything about his flaws were foolish, unknowledgeable, completely out of touch with reality and doing so out of ulterior motives.

I KNOW you have defended & promoted Dak non stop.
I never made guarantees is what I said. I’ve debated a lot of guys who weren’t in favor of Dak. I have no issue with those. It’s the ones who just antagonize and make generic statements like Dak sucks and use guys like Skip Bayliss.

Everyone can do a victory lap. If you said we’d never win with Dak? Do your victory lap. If you said he’d never win a SB? You are right thus far.

But you and I know that’s not all that was said. You guys have made hundreds of claims. A lot of you said Dak wouldn’t even get a deal after he got hurt. A lot of you said he could never throw for over 200 yards. There’s been so much said that yes if you want to say you were right he’d never win a ring? Do your victory lap. But you know it’s disingenuous lol.

McKDaddy

Reaction score
I never made guarantees is what I said. I’ve debated a lot of guys who weren’t in favor of Dak. I have no issue with those. It’s the ones who just antagonize and make generic statements like Dak sucks and use guys like Skip Bayliss.

Everyone can do a victory lap. If you said we’d never win with Dak? Do your victory lap. If you said he’d never win a SB? You are right thus far.

But you and I know that’s not all that was said. You guys have made hundreds of claims. A lot of you said Dak wouldn’t even get a deal after he got hurt. A lot of you said he could never throw for over 200 yards. There’s been so much said that yes if you want to say you were right he’d never win a ring? Do your victory lap. But you know it’s disingenuous lol.
You may not have used the word guarantee .... but you were talking as if you were absolutely sure & we were absolutely wrong.

Nothing disingenuous about predicting things & then being proven right. If Jerry holds firm, you are darn skippy I'm about to do a victory lap.

Vtwin

Safety third
Reaction score
What’s the bs leadership aura? You speak as if this guy didn’t just win 12 games and made all pro. You hoped he’d suck. You didn’t know.
Anyone with any experience working in any sort of team environment has experienced different type of leaders.

There are many different styles but when you boil it all down there are two types of leaders. Born leaders and leaders who have been educated to be leaders. Born leaders just get it. People gravitate to them. They don't have to try and exert leadership, it just comes naturally. Then there is the educated leaders. The majority of them have no innate leadership qualities. In the corporate world they are sent to retreats and seminars and come back full of new catch phrases and some motivational posters, but they are the same person they were before the education. They can fool the easily fooled with a couple cute slogans, but most, and especially those that you really need, don't them seriously. Of course you can't call them out. You have to play the game so the delusion continues.

Dak has a Masters Degree in "Workforce" leadership. He is the pinnacle of the educated leader. I'd bet he has some sort of motivational poster above his bed and over his bathroom sink to remind himself to be a leader every day. He is a walking, talking cliché.

I hoped he would prove me wrong. He didn't.

Flamma

Reaction score
He won’t have a Russell Wilson type season in Denver unless this team lays an egg. The Cowboys are going to have to fail in a lot of areas for him to have that kind of season.
But it is possible. No one expected that in Denver. A QB's success relies a lot on the team around him, despite what posters in here think. We all saw Dak in early 2018. He wasn't even a 10 million dollar QB, let alone a 60M dollar QB.

KingCorcoran

Reaction score
Sign Russell Wilson? Are you serious? :rolleyes: If he fails with the Steelers he might as well retire.
I agree with your sentiment. However, desperate people do desperate things. Sans Dak, Cowboys are going to be a little desperate. Perhaps a lot desperate.

Blast From The Past

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Get her done and you will be handsomely rewarded by Jerry and also by the fanbase. Don Meredith was virtually ran out out of Dallas and that was way before the internet because as good as he was in his time he couldn't get it done. Fans are more brutal today and more connected than ever with data. Just go win it and the masses will stop calling for you to leave. Earn that brinks truck Dak!

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
I agree with your sentiment. However, desperate people do desperate things. Sans Dak, Cowboys are going to be a little desperate. Perhaps a lot desperate.
The desperation will grow the longer it takes to find Dak’s replacement if he leaves. If Russell Wilson fails in Pittsburgh, he’ll be about as washed up as a QB can get. The Steelers are desperate, so if they give up on Wilson he’s pretty much done as a starter. I would rather find a younger veteran stopgap and develop a draft pick. If we’re going to lose with a QB, I would rather lose with one that has a chance to get better. The fans that are hoping and praying that Dak leaves in free agency will probably have second thoughts if it happens and the Cowboys struggle for years trying to find his replacement. Everyone is acting like we’re going through a miserable period with him. They’ll find out what it’s like to be miserable if we’re left with nothing at QB.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
But it is possible. No one expected that in Denver. A QB's success relies a lot on the team around him, despite what posters in here think. We all saw Dak in early 2018. He wasn't even a 10 million dollar QB, let alone a 60M dollar QB.
I have posts on the board predicting he would flame out in Denver. The Broncos were 7-10 when they traded for him and he was clearly in decline in Seattle, which is why they traded him.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
He has never carried the team . . . ever
You must have been wearing blinders in some of the games because there were a number of games where he put the team on his shoulders. There’s a reason he has as many 400 yard passing games as he does with 4+ TDs. It’s obvious you’re one of those that doesn’t like him.

Flamma

Reaction score
I have posts on the board predicting he would flame out in Denver. The Broncos were 7-10 when they traded for him and he was clearly in decline in Seattle, which is why they traded him.
Well maybe you should have been Denver's GM. The reason I don't doubt you is because I thought the same thing. He had 2 years left on his contract. Let him play out 1 year and then give him an extension. But they didn't do that. That would have been the pragmatic approach. But maybe he wouldn't have went there without that guarantee.