Dak: Just how people feel - What it says if the contract isn't done before season

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
We have a support forum I forgot about.

Here's a post. Says we have no search feature. Suggests we use google.

***Search feature for the Cowboyszone***

I'm not having much luck searching with google here.

Once upon a time all forum software had that. It was a given. But such is the way of the world, and social media in particular, that everything is considered disposable.
You can use Google but I haven’t been able to find a specific post by a poster unless they started a thread and I knew the thread title. I haven’t been able to find comments by individual posters. The original software they were using when I first joined this forum in 2009 had a good search function.

5Stars

Here comes the Sun...
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Again, Seriously?

My simple sentences were very straightforward and easily interpreted. Nowhere within those simple and easily interpreted sentences did I imply, infer, insinuate or flat out say anything that even remotely leads towards the conclusion you are trying to rabbit hole me with.

"real football talk" he says. LOL
And the simpleton brought me into the discussion. The Rabbit Hole Master strikes again. lmao

NotForLong

Reaction score
We were 5-1 with Cooper Rush.. During that stretch, all his fanboys were sweating hard and their excuse at the time was, all Dallas needs to do when Dak returns is call the same offense they are using with Rush.. Then he came back and led the league in INTs in 10 games.

That’s all you need to know..
Remember that Rush got Noah Brown paid

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Well maybe you should have been Denver's GM. The reason I don't doubt you is because I thought the same thing. He had 2 years left on his contract. Let him play out 1 year and then give him an extension. But they didn't do that. That would have been the pragmatic approach. But maybe he wouldn't have went there without that guarantee.
The Broncos were trying to catch lightning in a bottle twice like they did with Peyton Manning. They thought bringing in a former Super Bowl winning QB would turn them around but Peyton Manning still had a lot left in the tank when they signed him. The concern with him was an injury. Russell Wilson had lost it in Seattle and Denver didn’t have a good team when they traded for him. Adding a declining QB to a bad team is a train wreck waiting to happen. I could see it coming from my couch.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
You may not have used the word guarantee .... but you were talking as if you were absolutely sure & we were absolutely wrong.

Nothing disingenuous about predicting things & then being proven right. If Jerry holds firm, you are darn skippy I'm about to do a victory lap.
Like I said I’ve been right on what I predicted lol. That’s what I’m saying everyone can do a victory lap.

If Jerry holds firm you can do your victory lap. Well earned lap lol. I’m 50/50….i was 70/30….i have no idea how this plays out. I thought I did.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
My girlfriend is from Uruguay and I was introducing her to the NFL. She comes from a soccer back ground so she knows about competitive men fighting to win games. 1st thing she mentions is and I quote, "Who is that and Why does he look so scared?"

I told her He was the QB, The leader on the field. She said they are not gonna win nothing

Now if a Woman watching her 1st season of the NFL can see it, why can't you?
You’re buying in to what a woman from Uruguay who’s watching her first season of the NFL is saying about Dak? :rolleyes: I’ve heard it all now. :laugh:

5Stars

Here comes the Sun...
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
I use the forum using a desktop.
I can't find search functionality on it.
Possible that they allow Google or others to crawl it and we could do search from there.
If some of you would just break out a measley $25.00 to join the forum the search function is there and there is also no ads to deal with.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Great whats the playoff record?
At least he has a playoff record that includes two wins. If he walks in free agency we’ll likely end up with a veteran QB next year that doesn’t have a playoff record.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
They will be playoff losers if they keep Dak, playoff losers if they don't, so why not try something new? Why keep kicking the same damn can up and down the street hoping the results will somehow change?
They probably won’t make the playoffs if they don’t keep him. We might only see the playoffs once every several years without him. We could go a number of years without ever making the playoffs. You can’t just make a change to make a change and hope it turns out better. if Dak walks in free agency after this season, the Cowboys are almost certainly going to downgrade at QB next year. It could be a long arduous journey trying to find his replacement.

Wangchung83

Reaction score
He didn’t have the leverage last year that he does now. The clock is ticking, and if he enters the regular season which is less than two weeks away without a new contract, he may play out the season and explore free agency. We’re almost certain to lose him if that happens. No one thought he wouldn’t have a new contract by now.
Everyone that’s not a homer thought he wouldn’t and it’s the right decision. Sal want to be paid like he’s elite but he’s just not worth that type of money when he hasn’t performed to the expectation of he last contract. He looked like dog poop in his last three season ending games 2021 San Fran, 2022 San Fran, and again last year against Packers. If he was a stock you would’ve sold or traded at a loss bc he underperformed compared to what he cost you. It’s very simple and fanboys just aren’t rational on this topics. Ask sucks Dak sucks and he still sucks. Said it after each of the last three years of his deer in headlight season ending games. He’s not it

Wangchung83

Reaction score
He won't honor what he said as far as leaving this board if Dak gets a new deal. He's a hypocrite full of double standards. His weak *** is one of those loser trolls who only come around the board after losses, but when we win, the coward hide from the board until our next loss.
Will you leave if he doesn’t and take AC and the other remaining 1 homer with yall?

ChuckA1

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
They probably won’t make the playoffs if they don’t keep him. We might only see the playoffs once every several years without him. We could go a number of years without ever making the playoffs. You can’t just make a change to make a change and hope it turns out better. if Dak walks in free agency after this season, the Cowboys are almost certainly going to downgrade at QB next year. It could be a long arduous journey trying to find his replacement.
I don't agree with you, but that's fine. We can agree to disagree.

If the FO drafts to replace him rather than just draft camp bodies, I think they'll get themselves to a SB just as fast, if not faster. You just can’t pay one guy $60mil a year and build a SB winning team. Stout defenses cost money also.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Everyone that’s not a homer thought he wouldn’t and it’s the right decision. Sal want to be paid like he’s elite but he’s just not worth that type of money when he hasn’t performed to the expectation of he last contract. He looked like dog poop in his last three season ending games 2021 San Fran, 2022 San Fran, and again last year against Packers. If he was a stock you would’ve sold or traded at a loss bc he underperformed compared to what he cost you. It’s very simple and fanboys just aren’t rational on this topics. Ask sucks Dak sucks and he still sucks. Said it after each of the last three years of his deer in headlight season ending games. He’s not it
All QBs that are worth a darn are getting paid like they’re elite.