Dak: Just how people feel - What it says if the contract isn't done before season

NotForLong

Reaction score
You must have been wearing blinders in some of the games because there were a number of games where he put the team on his shoulders. There’s a reason he has as many 400 yard passing games as he does with 4+ TDs. It’s obvious you’re one of those that doesn’t like him.
Because of scrub teams and garbage time. Name a handful of games . . . hell name one

NotForLong

Reaction score
They probably won’t make the playoffs if they don’t keep him. We might only see the playoffs once every several years without him. We could go a number of years without ever making the playoffs. You can’t just make a change to make a change and hope it turns out better. if Dak walks in free agency after this season, the Cowboys are almost certainly going to downgrade at QB next year. It could be a long arduous journey trying to find his replacement.
Pathetic

GINeric

Reaction score
Lol, that's like rooting for everyone in the car you're sitting in, even for the driver who's running it into the wall.

No I do not cheer for each and everyone of our players. I root for those who take this team a step further into the right direction.

Cheering for every bit of this team (or any team or cause for that matter) is just blind homerism and delusional.

No it's not. It's called cheering for the Dallas Cowboys. I cheer for everyone who wear that star to do well and succeed.

With that said, using a car full of people to compare it to a TEAM playing a sport is the dumbest example I've ever seen. How do you cheer for a person just because they are riding in a car?

Players in a team sport all have a role to play..... the only person in a car full of people that has a role to play is the driver. People in a car is not considered a team.

A car full of pedestrians riding in a car is not a game or a sport.

Now how do you have a favorite team but you said you don't cheer for all of it's players to do well??? It takes a TEAM to succeed in the sport of football which consists of 53 players in the NFL.

There has never been, nor will it ever be one player who solely controls a win or a loss in a TEAM sport. This isn't boxing, golf or tennis my friend.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Because of scrub teams and garbage time. Name a handful of games . . . hell name one
You don’t like him. We get it! He’s probably had more 400 yard games than any QB in the league the past 10 years because of all the issues we’ve had that have caused games to get thrown on him. He put up over 400 yards and 3 TDs against the defending Super Bowl champions on the road in 2021 but we lost the game because our damn defense couldn’t stop Tom Brady in the closing minutes. That was one of the best games of Dak’s career. He put up 445 yards and 3 TDs later that same season against New England in a shootout that we won. I could go on and on at how many times he’s had to carry us because of the inconsistencies with our running game, penalties and defensive breakdowns that have forced him to have to air it out all day. He had over 60 passing attempts in one game. Roger Staubach and Troy Aikman never had to attempt that many passes in a game.

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
You can use Google but I haven’t been able to find a specific post by a poster unless they started a thread and I knew the thread title. I haven’t been able to find comments by individual posters. The original software they were using when I first joined this forum in 2009 had a good search function.
Yeah, I remember being surprised by not being able to find it when I went looking. Sure I used it before.

McKDaddy

Reaction score
Apologize for what? I never said Dak will definitely be signed or not, nor did I ever say I'd leave if he wasn't signed.

Poopydog said he'd be done with the Cowboys and this board if Dak re-ups. I'll keep reminding him/her so that total 0 doesn't try to backtrack.
Did you delete a response? I saw one where you said Pappy & Mountaineer insulted Dak but now I'm not seeing it.

Nav22

Reaction score
Did you delete a response? I saw one where you said Pappy & Mountaineer insulted Dak but now I'm not seeing it.
LOL, I didn't delete it, must've been a mod.

Trolls like Poopy are allowed to run free here, but OH NO DON'T CALL OUT A FELLOW MEMBER!!!
:laugh:

(Now watch this get deleted too)

KingCorcoran

Reaction score
How am I a homer. I'm a Dallas Cowboys fan. I wish and cheer for each and every one of our players and coaches to do well. Explain to me how that is being a homer.....

Or better yet.... maybe you can explain how some here claim to be Cowboys fans, but root AGAINST its own players having success.... maybe you can explain how people who call themselves Dallas Cowboys fans hiding from this board after wins, but quickly post all week after losses.

Maybe you can explain why these so called Dallas Cowboys fans NEVER have any positive or celebratory remarks to make after hard fought Dallas Cowboys wins....

What kind of fan seems happier after their so called favorite team losses.... yet seem a lil irritated after their favorite team win and give the opposing team more credit for losing the game opposed to giving their own so called favorite team the credit for winning.

Maybe you can explain this to us since you seem to understand the mindset of the low football IQ trolls that dwell on this board..... and if you can't explain the actions of these low football IQ trolls, can you pack up, leave this board and take them with you??
An ostrich with its head in the sand is as blind to opportunity as it is to danger.

ChuckA1

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Mahomes is the only QB that was drafted since Dak was drafted that has won a Super Bowl. Fans keep saying we need to move on from Dak and find a QB that can win a Super Bowl. Good luck with that especially considering the Cowboys have only had two QBs in their entire history that won a Super Bowl. Our best chance of winning a Super Bowl is with the QB we have.
You didn't answer my question. I asked if there was a top paid QB1 who's team has won a SB recently or in the last 10 years. I believe the answer is no.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
You didn't answer my question. I asked if there was a top paid QB1 who's team has won a SB recently or in the last 10 years. I believe the answer is no.
You can’t find one at the very top recently who’s won a Super Bowl because the QB money keeps skyrocketing. Less than a year ago Burrow became the highest paid QB in the league. Trevor Lawrence and Jordan Love just joined him. Who’s the last low priced QB to win a Super Bowl? The answer would be Nick Foles in 2017 and he was a backup. If you don’t want to pay big for a QB, you’re not going to be able to compete.

ChuckA1

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
You can’t find one at the very top recently who’s won a Super Bowl because the QB money keeps skyrocketing. Less than a year ago Burrow became the highest paid QB in the league. Trevor Lawrence and Jordan Love just joined him.
And I believe this will lead to difficulties for those teams, but especially for the Cowboys as the $60mil price will most likely be the highest and most difficult to deal with to date. Before the CAP, I never paid attention to what players made. But I watched what the CAP did to the SB winning 90's Cowboys and was disgusted. I sure hope I'm wrong.