Dak: Just how people feel - What it says if the contract isn't done before season

Staubacher

Reaction score
I like how they keep trying to inject fear of losing Dak. Like, what are we supposed to be afraid of?

Not competing for championships? We already live that WITH Dak.

Even if we did stink for a couple of seasons regular season record wise, we could still benefit from high draft picks and could maybe FINALLY spend at least one on a QB in the first round.

I think a lot of these guys are more afraid we'll find a much better QB than Dak, and have to admit they backed the wrong horse all this time. Some of them are in the sunk-cost fallacy territory right now with Dak, so to admit they were wrong... well, that is more than some of them can take.
Nailed it!

It's an emotional investment the Stans have.
Never mind our backup QB (who they say is horrible) took the team to a 5-1 record against some pretty good teams. It doesn't matter how the games were won, it proves the TEAM can win without the pampered prince.

Cowfan75Lives

Reaction score
He ain't getting 60 million right now if he hits FA. All the good teams have more accomplished and/or younger QBs than Dak.

If Dak can't help the Cowboys get over the hump how is he going to do it for the mids like Pittsburgh and LV, and why would they break bank for a QB who has not proven he can get there with a top 10 roster around him?

That leaves the bads, and why would any bad destroy their cap and futures for the next 5 years rather than just draft QBs in the first round? I doubt any of them would do that for Dak. If Dak had been on at least one SB run I could see it, but he hasn't so why would they want him?

I doubt Dak gets a 40 Million offer from anybody besides Jerry Jones.
Good point.

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
He ain't getting 60 million right now if he hits FA. All the good teams have more accomplished and/or younger QBs than Dak.

If Dak can't help the Cowboys get over the hump how is he going to do it for the mids like Pittsburgh and LV, and why would they break bank for a QB who has not proven he can get there with a top 10 roster around him?

That leaves the bads, and why would any bad destroy their cap and futures for the next 5 years rather than just draft QBs in the first round? I doubt any of them would do that for Dak. If Dak had been on at least one SB run I could see it, but he hasn't so why would they want him?

I doubt Dak gets a 40 Million offer from anybody besides Jerry Jones.
Finally, a post hits home with the reality of Prescott Fa's situation.
After the Cowboys consider Prescott DOA in the NFL.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
I wish Dak well, in whatever team he ends up on... :flagwave:
You won’t be wishing him well. None of you who want him gone will want him to have success elsewhere. If he leaves and does have success with another team and we’re struggling because of our QB situation, the frustration level amongst Cowboys Nation will be like nothing we’ve ever seen.

Nav22

Reaction score
Hey Stan you're putting the carriage ahead of the horses.
Hit me up with glee when Daktrash gets that coveted extension!!!
I'm just glad you're not pretending you didn't say it.

You're DONE with the Cowboys and this board if Dak signs a new deal.

You said it, and you're going to stick to it. NO BACKTRACKING!
:thumbup:

5Stars

Here comes the Sun...
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan

IF Dak does not sign a new deal how about you leave instead.

Nav22

Reaction score
IF Dak does not sign a new deal how about you leave instead.
Nope. I'm not an emotional little piggy who would make such a proclamation on a message board.

"Waaaaah, if they pay Dak I'm leaving for good, you guys!!!"
:lmao2:

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

My of My your passion runs deep for the PAPPY.....LOL
Do I look like a Stan to you who backtracks on his word?
Guess your kind as proven between the lies and the bogus promises have you confused when real men make a promise.
Now practice your emoils and you have till next Sunday for the miracle to happen...........GL with that as you're in fantasy land believing inepto Deer in the Headlight Prestrash is getting an extension!!!

Nav22

Reaction score
My of My your passion runs deep for the PAPPY.....LOL
Do I look like a Stan to you who backtracks on his word?
Guess your kind as proven between the lies and the bogus promises have you confused when real men make a promise.
Now practice your emoils and you have till next Sunday for the miracle to happen...........GL with that as you're in fantasy land believing inepto Deer in the Headlight Prestrash is getting an extension!!!
"My of my"

"Guess your kind as proven"

Is English your 4th language or something?
:lmao2::lmao2::lmao2:

I never said I was confident Dak was getting an extension, doofus.

Thanks for not backtracking! I'll be sure to point and laugh at you on your way out if Dak re-ups!
:lmao2:

Chuck 54

Reaction score
He's probably going to tank on purpose if not paid. Good luck as a Raider next year bub.
He is getting paid. 54 million this year and another 40 million in dead salary next year even if he plays for someone else.
Tanking would be stupid; guys don’t tank as they enter free agency.