Dak: Just how people feel - What it says if the contract isn't done before season

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
And I believe this will lead to difficulties for those teams, but especially for the Cowboys as the $60mil price will most likely be the highest and most difficult to deal with to date. Before the CAP, I never paid attention to what players made. But I watched what the CAP did to the SB winning 90's Cowboys and was disgusted. I sure hope I'm wrong.
You probably didn’t see my edit but the last low priced QB to win a Super Bowl was Nick Foles in 2017 and he was being paid backup money. That was a rarity for a backup QB to come in and lead a team to a championship. You’re not going be able to compete for a championship nowadays unless you pay big for a QB. Any team that has a QB worth a darn is going to have to pay top dollar to hang onto them. Tua just got $53 million per season and he’s not that great. Every team is going to run into the same problem if they land a real good QB. Jordan Love just got paid $55 million per and he’s only played one full season.

The teams that don’t have a real good QB are struggling and are picking high in the draft. Not having a viable QB leads to a lot more difficulties than paying a QB top money. All the teams that have solid QBs are making the playoffs regardless how much they’re paying them. The Cowboys have made the playoffs three straight years for the first time since their last Super Bowl win despite the money Dak is being paid. You can’t compete for a championship going cheap at QB.

Cowfan75Lives

Reaction score
And yet so many still think that if he doesn't get extended, he's going to get 70 mil from someone else after this year. What happens if he stinks up the joint? Going into FA at 32 after a bad year and with his track record? He's not getting 60 if that happens.

SuspectCorner

Still waiting...
Reaction score
If it isn’t done he may want to explore free agency. It’s looking more and more like the ball is in his court. The Cowboys would have to offer him at the very least $60 million per season and he could very likely get more than that in free agency. He’s got a ton of leverage and the only risk he would be taking is if he were to suffer a serious injury.
Well then get out there and explore, Magellan.

The fat boy has a ton of leverage on the see-saw - until the other boy JUMPS OFF. Then, he’s just sitting on his …

KingCorcoran

Reaction score
And yet so many still think that if he doesn't get extended, he's going to get 70 mil from someone else after this year. What happens if he stinks up the joint? Going into FA at 32 after a bad year and with his track record? He's not getting 60 if that happens.
No one cares about Dak and how much he’s paid. Everyone cares about what the Cowboys are going to do.

HonoluluCowboy

Reaction score
I'm just SO HAPPY you said you'll be done with the Cowboys and done with this board if Dak gets a new deal!!!

I'll keep reminding you until then so you're not tempted to backtrack.
:thumbup:
You got a week left unitl
Those knee pads your wearing get too thin. So if Dak doesn’t sign , do we get the pleasure of you being done with this board ??

HonoluluCowboy

Reaction score
He won't honor what he said as far as leaving this board if Dak gets a new deal. He's a hypocrite full of double standards. His weak *** is one of those loser trolls who only come around the board after losses, but when we win, the coward hide from the board until our next loss.
Lmao @ the Davidians. The hourglass is slipping away and the desperation reeks .

Frozen700

Reaction score
I'm just SO HAPPY you said you'll be done with the Cowboys and done with this board if Dak gets a new deal!!!

He’s not getting a new deal, so what are you getting excited about?

GINeric

Reaction score
Lmao @ the Davidians. The hourglass is slipping away and the desperation reeks .
Who's David, who's following this David guy, what hourglass are you speaking of and what does desperation have to do with this thread? What are you watching something on Netflix or something?

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
$60m is probably the floor if he's a UFA, even if he does get injured.

Players of that quality just don't become free agents, especially not quarterbacks
That's a general statement that doesn't apply to Dak. He is the exception mostly due to wearing the star and not winning a SB.

triplets_93

Reaction score
If it isn’t done he may want to explore free agency. It’s looking more and more like the ball is in his court. The Cowboys would have to offer him at the very least $60 million per season and he could very likely get more than that in free agency. He’s got a ton of leverage and the only risk he would be taking is if he were to suffer a serious injury.
I wish Dak well, in whatever team he ends up on... :flagwave:

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

Hey Stan you're putting the carriage ahead of the horses.
Hit me up with glee when Daktrash gets that coveted extension!!!

Cowboys5217

Reaction score
He ain't getting 60 million right now if he hits FA. All the good teams have more accomplished and/or younger QBs than Dak.

If Dak can't help the Cowboys get over the hump how is he going to do it for the mids like Pittsburgh and LV, and why would they break bank for a QB who has not proven he can get there with a top 10 roster around him?

That leaves the bads, and why would any bad destroy their cap and futures for the next 5 years rather than just draft QBs in the first round? I doubt any of them would do that for Dak. If Dak had been on at least one SB run I could see it, but he hasn't so why would they want him?

I doubt Dak gets a 40 Million offer from anybody besides Jerry Jones.

Last edited:

Cowboys5217

Reaction score
I wish Dak well, in whatever team he ends up on... :flagwave:
I like how they keep trying to inject fear of losing Dak. Like, what are we supposed to be afraid of?

Not competing for championships? We already live that WITH Dak.

Even if we did stink for a couple of seasons regular season record wise, we could still benefit from high draft picks and could maybe FINALLY spend at least one on a QB in the first round.

I think a lot of these guys are more afraid we'll find a much better QB than Dak, and have to admit they backed the wrong horse all this time. Some of them are in the sunk-cost fallacy territory right now with Dak, so to admit they were wrong... well, that is more than some of them can take.

Coogiguy03

Reaction score
I like how they keep trying to inject fear of losing Dak. Like, what are we supposed to be afraid of?

Not competing for championships? We already live that WITH Dak.

Even if we did stink for a couple of seasons regular season record wise, we could still benefit from high draft picks and could maybe FINALLY spend at least one on a QB in the first round.

I think a lot of these guys are more afraid we'll find a much better QB than Dak, and have to admit they backed the wrong horse all this time. Some of them are in the sunk-cost fallacy territory right now with Dak, so to admit they were wrong... well, that is more than some of them can take.
I love you is all I need to say!!!! The constant fear of losing and having to start over, like get over it already!!!! It is what it is, who knows, maybe that rookie could surprise us and get us a few wins in the playoffs or more. It's not like we don't have players here to help him win, we've got a good roster/support for him