Dak: Just how people feel - What it says if the contract isn't done before season

mardwin

Reaction score
All these QBs are getting paid big and screwing their teams if you want to look at it that way. What has Trevor Lawrence done to deserve to be paid $55 million per season? He’s being paid right up there with Burrow. Tua signed for $53 million per season. They’re all screwing their teams. Everyone acts like Dak is the only one that wants to get paid big. He’s done more in this league than some of those QBs that have just gotten paid.
Those guys are getting their first pay day like Dak did 4 years ago. The thing with Dak is that he can't get it done with a good all around supporting cast, he needs to be carried all the way and you don't pay 60M for that.

SultanOfSix

Star Power
Reaction score
Don’t you believe Dak owes it to himsel, not “the brotherhood”, not the Dallas Cowboys, not Jerry Jones, not Cowboys’ ungrateful fans, but himself to sign a contract he is comfortable with? Why should he acquiesce to anyone’s wishes other than his own?
Shouldn’t he sign for what he thinks he’s worth? When his career is over the team and fans will move on to the next guy and only care what that next guy does. Dak Prescott will be a memory.

This is his time. If Jerry Jones doesn’t want to meet Dak’s demands that’s between Jerry and Dak. He’ll just have to go play elsewhere.
I never really understood what it people mean when they say ‘owe it to one’s self’, but I do know that anyone who caters to their own self-interest has practically never been objective.

Last edited:

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Those guys are getting their first pay day like Dak did 4 years ago. The thing with Dak is that he can't get it done with a good all around supporting cast, he needs to be carried all the way and you don't pay 60M for that.
It doesn’t matter if it’s their first payday. Some of those QBs haven’t even accomplished what Dak did his first four seasons and they’re getting paid a lot more. Would you be thrilled with paying Tua over $53 million per season with $167 million guaranteed? Do you think he’s more deserving than Dak? How about having to make Trevor Lawrence the highest paid QB in the league, despite the fact he’s only led his team to the playoffs once and his numbers regressed this past season? Go look at his career numbers. He hasn’t come close to living up to the hype he had coming out of college. No way does he get paid had he been drafted in the later rounds. Dak has played exceptionally well with the supporting casts he’s had. He’s carried the team at times, which has resulted in the big numbers he’s put up. The problem isn’t him it’s the team around him. The team doesn’t step up in the playoffs, especially the defense. We’re not going to win with any QB with the defensive performances we’ve had in the postseason.

KingCorcoran

Reaction score
I never really understood what it people mean when they say ‘owe it to one’s self’, but I do know that anyone who caters to their own self-interest has practically never been objective.
Obviously it’s being very subjective. No one is more concerned with Dak’s earning potential than Dak Prescott. That’s why he’s the person that has to say what he’ll sign for. Jerry Jones is looking out for his team’s best interest. Dak is looking out for his best interests. Neither is the “bad guy”. The emotion fans are exhibiting over Dak wanting the deal he wants is now past peculiar. Especially since no fans know what he’s asking for.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Doesn’t take a rocket scientist to foreshadow this happening
It doesn’t take rocket science it takes a crystal ball. No one was talking about this happening 4 years ago. The Joneses should’ve showed more urgency to get him extended a lot sooner. They just waited around for all the leaves to fall. The longer they’ve waited the more leverage Dak has. His price keeps going up and Jerry won’t be able to compete with what he’s offered in free agency. The ball is in Dak’s court.

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I'm just SO HAPPY you said you'll be done with the Cowboys and done with this board if Dak gets a new deal!!!

I'll keep reminding you until then so you're not tempted to backtrack.
:thumbup:
Don't you worry about me bud whatever I do it's for my peace of mind.
Who you should worry about is your boy Mr.Panic Attack!
OMG, I'm losing the job I was never qualified for Prescott and no matter how many good deeds and Walter Mitty awards I get seems I'm getting the boot!!!!.
His luck has run out and the truth has risen to the top.....................

PAPPYDOG

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Oh you think this organization is one everyone wants to play for?
Patience please as when he goes to his new team the pampering he has received in Dallas will not be in play for him.
He won't last 1 season with his new team (probably get injured it's a psyche thing for him which by the way runs in the family) before he hits the bench.
Just wait.................be patient ..............his demise will be fast once he leaves his Uncle Jerry.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
If Dak gets his deal, he will be the leader of the pack.

That deal makes the Cowboys weaker.
They’ll be a lot weaker with a lesser QB. Regardless how good a team you have you’re not going anywhere without a solid QB. This isn’t 20+ years ago, where you can build an all-time great defense and win with an average QB.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Patience please as when he goes to his new team the pampering he has received in Dallas will not be in play for him.
He won't last 1 season with his new team (probably get injured it's a psyche thing for him which by the way runs in the family) before he hits the bench.
Just wait.................be patient ..............his demise will be fast once he leaves his Uncle Jerry.
You don’t have the best track record with predictions. You’ve been screwing up for 8 years lol

PAPPYDOG

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
You don’t have the best track record with predictions. You’ve been screwing up for 8 years lol
How so?
Since 2016 I stated Dak is not franchise caliber QB.
2 playoff wins in 8 seasons and not being able to beat quality teams in the regular season vindicate me.
I Stated way back that he is not getting an extension by March the 13th.
Was I wrong there also?
And I'm on the record once again that he is NOT getting an extension as of today and will be crushed in the regular season as the schedule is harder and the team has lesser talent.
My only miss was his last contract which he got being 1-4 and due to that gruesome injury, he got the Pity factor Deal of his life.
Heck even Jerry said he overpaid.
Dang, you see those tears Charlotte shed man???LOL

Now liar yea liar where else was I wrong?
You Dakdavidians are pathetic and desperate...........you have my sympathies!!!!

PAPPYDOG

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Dak......please watch the tape from all of the playoff games dude. MFing deer in the headlights bro....what dimension are you in to insult this fanbase like this.
There it is...........The Look of the Deer in living color baby!!
dak-prescott-dak.gif

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
How so?
Since 2016 I stated Dak is not franchise caliber QB.
2 playoff wins in 8 seasons and not being able to beat quality teams in the regular season vindicate me.
I Stated way back that he is not getting an extension by March the 13th.
Was I wrong there also?
And I'm on the record once again that he is NOT getting an extension as of today and will be crushed in the regular season as the schedule is harder and the team has lesser talent.
My only miss was his last contract which he got being 1-4 and due to that gruesome injury, he got the Pity factor Deal of his life.
Heck even Jerry said he overpaid.
Dang, you see those tears Charlotte shed man???LOL

Now liar yea liar where else was I wrong?
You Dakdavidians are pathetic and desperate...........you have my sympathies!!!!
In 2026 you said Dak would never throw over 200 yards consistently. You also said Jerry wouldn’t re-sign him.

DMX690

Reaction score
All these QBs are getting paid big and screwing their teams if you want to look at it that way. What has Trevor Lawrence done to deserve to be paid $55 million per season? He’s being paid right up there with Burrow. Tua signed for $53 million per season. They’re all screwing their teams. Everyone acts like Dak is the only one that wants to get paid big. He’s done more in this league than some of those QBs that have just gotten paid.
Just because stupid teams do stupid thing we should follow suit. Granted the Cowboys usually lead the pack with idiotic personnel decisions. So given in to Dak demand, is as predictable as Jerry taking 5 shots of Jonny Walker Blue before 10am