Dak: Just how people feel - What it says if the contract isn't done before season

Nav22

Reaction score
Don't you worry about me bud whatever I do it's for my peace of mind.
Who you should worry about is your boy Mr.Panic Attack!
OMG, I'm losing the job I was never qualified for Prescott and no matter how many good deeds and Walter Mitty awards I get seems I'm getting the boot!!!!.
His luck has run out and the truth has risen to the top.....................
Don't try to backtrack now!!!!!!!
:lmao2:

You said it, and you're going to stick to it.

If Dak re-ups with the Cowboys, you're GONE. That's what you told us all, very publicly.

Be a man of your word. Be respectable for once.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Just because stupid teams do stupid thing we should follow suit. Granted the Cowboys usually lead the pack with idiotic personnel decisions. So given in to Dak demand, is as predictable as Jerry taking 5 shots of Jonny Walker Blue before 10am
What’s stupid about paying a QB? Every team that has a good one is doing it. You have no choice but to pay the premium price unless you want to be stuck with a castoff that’s bouncing around the league. You can’t win without a solid QB.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
It’s almost like a lot of you would relish the thought of ending up like the Raiders, having to choose between Gardner Minshew and Aiden O’Connell. Talk about pick your poison. That could be a preview of what the Cowboys will be facing next summer. We’ll see how jazzed up everyone is for the 2025 season if that happens. If you think the fanbase was discouraged this off-season, you haven’t seen anything yet.

KingCorcoran

Reaction score
So if you allow him to walk at the end of this season what do you do at QB in 2025?
Sign Russell Wilson, free agent, no compensation to the Steelers necessary. Because posts and responses here would be hilarious.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
I don't know man find an another QB. You acting like we're trying to find replacement for Tom Brady here.
That’s your plan, to go find another QB? Have any idea how long that might take? That could take years, just look around the league. Dak may not be Tom Brady, but he’s one of the best QBs we’ve had. He’s led us to the most NFC East titles since Troy Aikman. He’s led us to the playoffs three straight years, which is the most since Troy Aikman. He led us to our only road playoff win since our last Super Bowl win. If you think it’s going to be easy replacing him you’re kidding yourself.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Sign Russell Wilson, free agent, no compensation to the Steelers necessary. Because posts and responses here would be hilarious.
Sign Russell Wilson? Are you serious? :rolleyes: If he fails with the Steelers he might as well retire.

buybuydandavis

Reaction score

The Cowboys own Dak *this year* on a 25-30mil under market compensation contract.

Dak should have factored that into his contract ask or asked for a trade.

Is Dak just now figuring out that playing this year under the current contract costs him 28 mil up front, then has performance and injury risk?

Should have asked for a trade months ago if he wanted the market price. He's not owed that. He's under contract for a year 28mil under market. That's what he is owed and does owe.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Imagine being up for a $300 million dollar raise and your boss says he wants to see better work and better results, and your response is to say "I don't pay attention to him" and then get butthurt and passive aggressive?
Imagine watching inferior workers get handed 300 million no questions asked and your boss says he needs to see better results from you even though he didn’t actually do anything to help you get better results lol.

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
. No one thought he wouldn’t have a new contract by now.
I did.
The Jones' offseason moves only made sense if they weren't planning on extending Dak this year. I've said so for months.
Admittedly Jerry may still extend him anyway. There's still time. It's not like he's above making no sense at all.
But he could just go into the season saving 28mil or so on Dak and be liking it.

Staubacher

Reaction score
I did.
The Jones' offseason moves only made sense if they weren't planning on extending Dak this year. I've said so for months.
Admittedly Jerry may still extend him anyway. There's still time. It's not like he's above making no sense at all.
But he could just go into the season saving 28mil or so on Dak and be liking it.
I mean he paid Dak big once already and didn't get next level.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
I did.
Let’s see the post where you did. :thumbup:

DMX690

Reaction score
That’s your plan, to go find another QB? Have any idea how long that might take? That could take years, just look around the league. Dak may not be Tom Brady, but he’s one of the best QBs we’ve had. He’s led us to the most NFC East titles since Troy Aikman. He’s led us to the playoffs three straight years, which is the most since Troy Aikman. He led us to our only road playoff win since our last Super Bowl win. If you think it’s going to be easy replacing him you’re kidding yourself.
It is a sad state of affairs when we have lower so much of this franchise standards. Now winning a single road playoff game justify that we need keep the player at all cost.

Hawkeye19

Reaction score
It’s been stated, but worth repeating. It’s pretty clear JJ has lost faith in Dak’s ability to deliver when it matters most.

The GB game shook him.

Dak demanding what he is demanding following that catastrophe is souring the milk.

From Dak’s perspective, he is seeing guys with lesser resumes get signed to big deals, so what’s the hold up? MVP runner up not good enough? He seems willing to walk and get paid elsewhere.

It’s a fascinating situation to watch unfold. But it boils down to this IMO:

If Dak had ever gotten even to a NFCCG in his career— he would have been signed a long time ago. His inability to produce in big games has eroded confidence in his championship potential, and now the bottom is falling out because of the contract required to keep him.

I can see both sides of the argument, and the path of least resistance for all parties is for JJ to cave and sign him— but it’s clear the frustration has reached a point where a divorce may be inevitable