Video: Dak Lowlights vs Tampa Bay

exciter

Reaction score
If you go back to his rookie season his best season he wasn’t a pocket passer he was a mobile gunslinger . Him and whoever coaches QB’s is it Nussbaum need to get Jerry to spring for popcorn and watch 2016 see what made him tick . He took off running got a first down the other night . On another play he took off last second threw it 10 yards wildly missed the receiver . He’s not a pocket QB simple .

More ad lib less read react . The Eagles went out got just the big target to complement DaVonta Smith and help Hurts another mobile gunslinger . The Titans certainly were helpful .
Vanilla ain’t even as vanilla as that passing offense in 2016!

88sAndHeartbreak

Reaction score
"Playcalling" is an amateur's argument. All teams pretty much run the same plays. The playcaller can't throw the ball for him. He can't read the coverage for him. He can't move in the pocket for him. He can only call the play.

If you swapped quarterbacks and called exactly the same plays, the Cowboys would have won 19-3.
You would have a point if all teams called the same plays in order. That's where strategy comes in, which falls on the coaches. Sure it's up to the qb to execute, but that's only a part of the picture.

Zman5

Reaction score
Here are some pics from the All-22. Tell me who is open or even in a process of getting open at the top of Dak's drop. The receivers were still running and the QB had to hold on to the ball. This was what was going on most of the game. Dak should have just ran at this point instead of waiting because the OL wasn't going to hold up.

KM is doing what JG used to do with these long developing routes. These don't work when your OL is average at best and your WRs are terrible. This type of play is what got Romo killed.

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Watch the game for fun, not for real time in depth analysis.

*You can't even see the whole field watching games, that's why all-22's are a thing.
So who's trying to ***** in real time every minutia of the game? You;ve suddenly created a straw man argument while lecturing about facts.

You are right...we can only a ssess what shows on the screen. But it doesn't lessen the importance of seeing it with your eyes. If you only look at the incomplete passes stat...you don't know WHY. But if you use your eyes....you can see why.

I suppose,,,YOU...could argue "the receiver isn't in exactly the right spot". All of the incompletes? No...use your eyes. I in fact encourage stats, eyes and context.

Talking heads make a fortune mashing up stats to suit their agenda. You gotta use your eyes too.

Last edited:

erod

Reaction score
You would have a point if all teams called the same plays in order. That's where strategy comes in, which falls on the coaches. Sure it's up to the qb to execute, but that's only a part of the picture.
It doesn't matter what order you call them for Tom Brady.

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Here are some pics from the All-22. Tell me who is open or even in a process of getting open at the top of Dak's drop. The receivers were still running and the QB had to hold on to the ball. This was what was going on most of the game. Dak should have just ran at this point instead of waiting because the OL wasn't going to hold up.

KM is doing what JG used to do with these long developing routes. These don't work when your OL is average at best and your WRs are terrible. This type of play is what got Romo killed.

I'm not sure who or how many said it...one of the "keys to the game" was Dak getting the ball out early.

And no..you can;t use a couple screen screen shots to ***** the development of the play. The bottom photo looks like a ton of space on the star.

erod

Reaction score

They're all open. Good quarterbacks throw to spots to create space for their receivers. This is the NFL.

Zman5

Reaction score
I'm not sure who or how many said it...one of the "keys to the game" was Dak getting the ball out early.

And no..you can;t use a couple screen screen shots to ***** the development of the play. The bottom photo looks like a ton of space on the star.

Get the ball out early to who? Someone running with their backs to the QB with 3 defenders surrounding them? Go watch All-22 and get a clue.
KM should have better plays so that Dak can get the ball out early instead of waiting and getting whacked by the DL.

Captain-Crash

Reaction score
looks like zeke is open on all plays and the guys up by the star were open, but I'm not a QB and don't know what he was seeing.

Zman5

Reaction score
They're all open. Good quarterbacks throw to spots to create space for their receivers. This is the NFL.

So Romo wasn't a good QB? LOL. These kind of of plays are the reason Romo broke half the bones in his body.
He had the same issues until Dez came along. Romo could chuck it up to him and Dez would come down with it even with 3 defenders draped all over him.
We don't have a Dez in his prime type of WR on the Roster.

88sAndHeartbreak

Reaction score
So who's trying to ***** in real time every minutia of the game? You;ve suddenly created a straw man argument while lecturing about facts.

You are right...we can only a ssess what shows on the screen. But it doesn't lessen the importance of seeing it with your eyes. If you only look at the incomplete passes stat...you don't know WHY. But if you use your eyes....you can see why.

I suppose,,,YOU...could argue "the receiver isn't in exactly the right spot". All of the incompletes? No...use your eyes. I in fact encourage stats, eyes and context.

Talking heads make a fortune mashing up stats to suit their agenda. You gotta use your eyes too.
I'm not saying eye test aren't important, but relying on them as your only evidence is again... foolish.

Zman5

Reaction score
looks like zeke is open on all plays and the guys up by the star were open, but I'm not a QB and don't know what he was seeing.

This is where I think where Dak could have done much better. Either dump it off quickly to Zeke or tuck it and run instead of waiting for the WR to get open. There were lot of room in front of him to get decent positive yards. Him running would also have made the Bucs LBs not drop as deep which would have helped the WRs get open.

Captain-Crash

Reaction score
This is where I think where Dak could have done much better. Either dump it off quickly to Zeke or tuck it and run instead of waiting for the WR to get open. There were lot of room in front of him to get decent positive yards. Him running would also have made the Bucs LBs not drop as deep which would have helped the WRs get open.
zeke played well. we should have kept handing the ball to him or we should have thrown short passes to him.

88sAndHeartbreak

Reaction score
This is why we need video. They look open but we don't know what the down, yardage, or overall situation.

Also yall main argument about Dak is that he dinks and dunks too much (which was proven incorrect) now you want him to?

Captain-Crash

Reaction score
This is why we need video. They look open but we don't know what the down, yardage, or overall situation.

Also yall main argument about Dak is that he dinks and dunks too much (which was proven incorrect) now you want him to?
you take what the defense gives you. the pictures above were what I was commenting on. he had options. I'm not a QB and am not sure what he saw. why some defensive?

StarOfGlory

Reaction score
Oh look, a video made by an EaGirls fan to make Dak look bad. Imagine that.
All-22 view tells a different story. He was bad but not as bad as people think. WRs and play design were worse.

What Dak could have done better was tuck it and run instead of waiting for the WR to get open running long developing routes.
There were tons of room in front of him to run because the Bucs rushed 3 or 4 and dropped back the rest most of the game.
Needed to get Bucs defenders to hesitate due to Dak possibly running. That would have helped the WRs to get open.
Some piss-poor blocking in that video.

5Stars

Here comes the Sun...
Reaction score

This is absolutely pitiful. What does everyone think happened to him? I cannot remember a worse performance from a quarterback and he has the pocket awareness of Chad Hutchinson. Maybe his games were as bad? That's been 20 years almost.

Man, that is some elite "top 10" QB play as regarded by GM's, scouts, and coaches and other NFL players that are actually paid to do their jobs as professionals instead of a bunch of couch potato forum posters that say he sucks! Tell me I'm wrong.

I'll wait...