Dak Never Comes Up Big

CowboyoWales

Reaction score
Ok.......so you'd prefer a lower costed Zach Wilson, Desmond Ridder, or similar......or perhaps a much lower costed Tyrod Taylor, Joshua Dobbs, or similar?
It's easier for a Rookie QB to come into a good roster.

Cmac

Reaction score
It's easier for a Rookie QB to come into a good roster.
Only a few Rookie QBs come in handling the NFL game early. Are you ready to have patience with players like Lamb, Parsons, Diggs, etc. getting patient and frustrated further? This is the NFL.

CowboyoWales

Reaction score
Only a few Rookie QBs come in handling the NFL game early. Are you ready to have patience with players like Lamb, Parsons, Diggs, etc. getting patient and frustrated further? This is the NFL.
You're talking up Dak as if he's actually on the verge of a SB. He's still coming up short when it matters and this is the watershed year, where he has the roster to help.... he won't get a better chance (aging OLine, FA'S we can't afford to re-sign and limited CAP).

Cmac

Reaction score
You're talking up Dak as if he's actually on the verge of a SB. He's still coming up short when it matters and this is the watershed year, where he has the roster to help.... he won't get a better chance (aging OLine, FA'S we can't afford to re-sign and limited CAP).
Quite the contrary......I'm not talking down Dak like he's some scrub. And truth be told, his team performance as the QB parallels Tony Romo's TEAM results and excuses thus far......nothing to marvel about in January. (Now that should ruffle some).

That's all I've been addressing......you want to rid Dak's market value during signing time and see what happens with this team. What a dilemma......take two steps back to make one step forward.

Note: Wait until Micah's rookie contract is up and watch the love roll down the hill for him fast.......on this board.

SwagSurfer

Reaction score
Neither does Jourdan Lewis or Terrance Steele. You can always count on those two to kill any momentum we may have in a big moment.

Haimerej

Reaction score
How did this thread go 12 pages and no one mentioned 4th and 8? If PHI gets a 1st down, it's game over. Ferguson was wide open in the middle of the field and Dak threw a high pass to a blanketed Tolbert for the turnover on downs. Line blocked perfectly, Dak had no one in his face.

That play is getting memory holed.

Gambit

Reaction score
We’ve seen this before. He/they lost in the playoffs like this last two years. I would bet money that we will lose in the playoffs this year very similar. We will have refs against us and shoot ourselves in the foot all game yet dak will do just enough to have a chance to win it the final seconds and then right on the cue the old faithfuls will come out: big sack, holding on to ball for too long, dumb penalties, and interceptions/turnovers.

Cut to the disappointed press conferences all around with hopeful “we’re close and we’ll gettem next year” endings. Followed by emails from the pro shop to buy dallas gear. That yacht not gonna pay for its own gas while on the jones family vacation.

Repeat.

It’s hard to get mad at this stuff when we literally have been losing like this for years.
Fun fact I've never received a single email from pro shop, not once.

I prefer to watch games via streaming and refuse to pay for things like Sunday Ticket.

Sorry, I can't commiserate with your pain.

Mannix

Reaction score
Corky having Duk drop straight back at the end was CRIMINAL....you have to have him moving so there are lanes to throw the ball away....BOTH of them habitually FAIL when the stage is the biggest.

CowboyoWales

Reaction score
Quite the contrary......I'm not talking down Dak like he's some scrub. And truth be told, his team performance as the QB parallels Tony Romo's TEAM results and excuses thus far......nothing to marvel about in January. (Now that should ruffle some).

That's all I've been addressing......you want to rid Dak's market value during signing time and see what happens with this team. What a dilemma......take two steps back to make one step forward.

Note: Wait until Micah's rookie contract is up and watch the love roll down the hill for him fast.......on this board.
Why do you continually reference Romo as if anyone who doesnt think Dak's going to get us to a SB must be a Romo fan who's still bitter about him losing his job?

....then you go onto exaggerating like a child, nobody thinks Dak is a scrub, but he's had his chance and there's nothing to suggest he's got that winners mentality. The problem you have is that you cant apportion blame to other areas of the team as Dak's deferred bonus and any extension will probably extinguish most CAP flexibility. The age old problem of a good veteran QB that isnt able to carry the team.

Gambit

Reaction score
Dak is a poor decision maker. His last few games, teams just haven’t accounted for his legs where he’s been able to find guys in broken coverage.
Would you say the decision to use his legs more was a good or poor decision by Dak?

Gambit

Reaction score
As the qb.....dak has to run the offense. Manage the game unlike any other player. He must know the o line having trouble blocking and account for it.

Ceedee cant do it.
And sometimes the 90 mil offensive tackle has to make a play.

Isn't this the standard you all demand of Dak?

Gambit

Reaction score
This is dumb. So why is Tyler the only one to false start then? If he anticipates the snap to at 0 why the hell did he false start lol?
Ferguson has come forward said he was having trouble
hearing play lined up late threw off timing.

HonoluluCowboy

Reaction score
"1st and goal at the 6"

Intellectually dishonest.

This is how you know someone's just being a SILLY LITTLE HATER and not a serious human being.
:laugh:

Did we run a play from the 6?

Or was there a false start before the snap that immediately pushed us back to the 11?

But saying "we needed 11 yards and Dak didn't get it done" isn't quite as juicy as saying "we needed 6 yards and Dak didn't get it done", is it?
:laugh:

I guess that wasn't DAKOTA who ran OB when he had the corner , like a P O O S Y !

LACowboysFan1

Reaction score
It’s hard to get mad at this stuff when we literally have been losing like this for years
On the contrary (though I don't) it's easier to get mad every year precisely because it's the SOS every year.

Frustration builds up for most people, and it's especially worse for we Cowboys fans because the obvious solution is denied us...

Steve007

Reaction score
Ok.......so you'd prefer a lower costed Zach Wilson, Desmond Ridder, or similar......or perhaps a much lower costed Tyrod Taylor, Joshua Dobbs, or similar?
Dak is in his 8th season. He has reached his ceiling. He isn't going to get better in fact he will start to decline. The Cowboys are not winning a Superbowl with this team or Dak as QB. They need to make changes. Dak's contract is a problem. They are going to have to eventually have to look for another QB. They need to start drafting quarterbacks. (hopefully Lance cand be developed) If something doesn't work it needs to be fixed.

Cmac

Reaction score
Why do you continually reference Romo as if anyone who doesnt think Dak's going to get us to a SB must be a Romo fan who's still bitter about him losing his job?

....then you go onto exaggerating like a child, nobody thinks Dak is a scrub, but he's had his chance and there's nothing to suggest he's got that winners mentality. The problem you have is that you cant apportion blame to other areas of the team as Dak's deferred bonus and any extension will probably extinguish most CAP flexibility. The age old problem of a good veteran QB that isnt able to carry the team.
Wales.....just give it up. You taking my points all over the place.