Dak Never Comes Up Big

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Don't get all paranoid.

When I said "happens every week" I assume it was understood to mean penalties of a similar situation: i.e. in the RedZone....holds and or false starts....in crucial situations including end of games.

THAT happens all the time....even with TD passes getting called back (ours was a simple every day false start).

I know THAT happens all the time. But if we are JUST talking about on the 6 yard line....and JUST talking about Mahomes and Allen...then I guess you got me. I don't know off the top of my head if they've ever had to overcome a 5 yard false start penalty at the SIX yard line, needing a TD to win, in the waning moments of the game. I need to see if there's a website that sorts False Start penalties by yard line
I just don’t see good teams having this happen to them. Penalties seem to hurt us when momentum is changing….it’s just too hard to play in this league to just beat yourself as well:

Xeven

Reaction score
I been harsh on Dak all the time but he did awesome last night.

CowboysLakerBamaFan

Reaction score
I just don’t see good teams having this happen to them. Penalties seem to hurt us when momentum is changing….it’s just too hard to play in this league to just beat yourself as well:
Well.....my advice would be for the oLine to not commit false starts in crucial situations. It's lack of discipline.

It's not like "it just randomly happened". The only reason they were even down at the 6 yard line to begin with was the 3 flags called on Philly to help move the ball down the field. Just don't false start. They greatly benefited from calls on that drive....but just couldn't overcome an intsy teeny 5 yd penalty after they lost focus and jumped.

Nav22

Reaction score
1st and goal from the 6 is now "intellectually dishonest" somehow dead ball penalties are now not part of the equation of choking.

nor is taking a sack 1st and goal from the 11

or a delay of game

what a joke. deep down your just mad because you knew when they had the ball at the 6, that they were never gonna score, si you needed to start the equivocation and excuses and project blame on fans
The topic was Dak.

Was Dak at fault for the false start?

Maybe learn to properly differentiate "your" from "you're" before moving onto more challenging topics like NFL football?
:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Reaction score
We can say this or that lost the game for the Cowboys but AGAIN, it comes down to the QB making a play when you need it most and for some reason, Dak seems to always fall short and it’s not for lack of effort, he just doesn’t get it done. 1st and goal on the six to WIN the game and we don’t score? I partly blame Dak but mostly however in this spot, McCarthy you would think would have a golden play or 2 in the back of his head just for such a time in a big game. NOPE!!
I think Dak is limited but this take is crazy. Steele lost the game for you yesterday. Its that straight forward.

Cowboys5217

Reaction score
I been harsh on Dak all the time but he did awesome last night.
He was so awesome he committed an unforced error by stepping out of bounds and costing us two points. Then, came up small again at the end of the game.

He lost the game, but he did awesome.... right. 6 whole points the second half. Look out Tom Brady and Joe Montana, there's a new GOAT in town.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Well.....my advice would be for the oLine to not commit false starts in crucial situations. It's lack of discipline.

It's not like "it just randomly happened". The only reason they were even down at the 6 yard line to begin with was the 3 flags called on Philly to help move the ball down the field. Just don't false start. They greatly benefited from calls on that drive....but just couldn't overcome an intsy teeny 5 yd penalty after they lost focus and jumped.
That’s exactly my point. The Eagles commit 3 stupid penalties….that you claim don’t just randomly happen….and it didn’t hurt them. We have to play perfect to win.

CowboysLakerBamaFan

Reaction score
That’s exactly my point. The Eagles commit 3 stupid penalties….that you claim don’t just randomly happen….and it didn’t hurt them. We have to play perfect to win.
What? It DID hurt them! It set the Cowboys in PERFECT position to take the game. They (the eagles) shot themselves in the foot 3x in a row row.... just because the Cowboys couldn't go the final few feet.... those were monstrously damaging penalties by the Eagles. Tjey tee'ed up right up for Dak.

I don't know if I would say perfection was needed to punch that ball in. They just needed to be "kinda good" on that last few plays, even with the false start, to win the game.

Maybe I'm just not understanding you...and we are saying the same thing...I don't know.

Either way....they didn't get it done..... but usually after a game like this they'll put it all together for a couple wins, before they blow another game

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
What? It DID hurt them! It set the Cowboys in PERFECT position to take the game. They (the eagles) shot themselves in the foot 3x in a row row.... just because the Cowboys couldn't go the final few feet.... those were monstrously damaging penalties by the Eagles. Tjey tee'ed up right up for Dak.

I don't know if I would say perfection was needed to punch that ball in. They just needed to be "kinda good" on that last few plays, even with the false start, to win the game.

Maybe I'm just not understanding you...and we are saying the same thing...I don't know.

Either way....they didn't get it done..... but usually after a game like this they'll put it all together for a couple wins, before they blow another game
How did it hurt them if they won the gsme?

CowboysLakerBamaFan

Reaction score
How did it hurt them if they won the gsme?
Well.....I don't look at it that way. You could take that logic a step farther and say that whoever wins the SuperBowl was NEVER hurt by a penalty all year....because ultimately...they won the SB.

A penalty is...by definition...a penalty. Something bad. So it "hurt them" by subjecting them to a much greater chance of losing the game, at that time, then if they had not been penalized.

Just how I look at it.

If you look at it that only the losing team is ever hurt by penalties...then that's just a different thought process I don't subscribe to but don't fault anyone if that's how they view things

Eddie

Reaction score
Steele is going to cost us the season. He cost us the game yesterday.

Shane612

Reaction score
Seems like the game was lost when he didn't see Ferguson wide open in the middle on the 4th and 8 play. He chose #18 instead, incomplete.

OGSixshooter

Reaction score
Really dumb audible caused the false start at the 6, he wanted to run with no time outs? It was stopped either way. The ensuing sack and delay of game really killed us
For SOME REASON, my thread entitled, "Dak went full Tim Tebow and cost us the game..." was merged into a superthread...

Anyway, Dak's audible was the turning point. His late audible enabled the false start because a late audible with a loud crowd on the road in the crowded red zone was...suboptimal to say the least. The play he audibled to? A QB draw play...he had visions of winning this just like his idol Tim Tebow.

Instead it was 4th and forever 30 yards back up the field.

Cmac

Reaction score
???? I mean he needs weapons/protection (assistance), unfortunately that's easier to provide when on a lesser contract. Look we've deferred so much to put a team around him and still he needs more... its an either/or: Dak extension or O/Line, receiving corp, as the CAP situation stands you can't really have both.
I can't mask all the team issues on Dak's contract. We just don't have talent if an injury occurs, so the draft room/FO needs to wake up. Diggs, Cee Dee, and Micah contracts coming soon. Not all on Dak..