Twitter: Dak: Oh, I’m back

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
Romo is relentlessly attacked every day if not more so then Dak

When I see Romo attacked, I'll defend him. I defended him back when he was QB here. I've often said that I don't get why Dak or Romo have to be ripped down in order to support the other. Romo should be in our Ring of Honor and was my favourite player when he played here. Daks my current favourite. Emmitt Smith is my all-time favourite and looked up to him when I was little. I've been consistent with this.

NotForLong

Reaction score
Haters gonna hate. Your hate of Dak colors your reality.
Haters Hate hate
Gonna your Dak colors your really

3 out of 9 words 33 %

Out of the millions of words in the English language . . . why is your mind so obsessed with this word?

NotForLong

Reaction score
When I see Romo attacked, I'll defend him. I defended him back when he was QB here. I've often said that I don't get why Dak or Romo have to be ripped down in order to support the other. Romo should be in our Ring of Honor and was my favourite player when he played here. Daks my current favourite. Emmitt Smith is my all-time favourite and looked up to him when I was little. I've been consistent with this.
Cool story bro . . . But we were talking about your hypothetical statement about Players wanting to play here when they see fans attacking a QB. . . . Tearing down Romo is a bad look and disgusting . . . evenn more so then criticizing the play of a current QB

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
Cool story bro . . . But we were talking about your hypothetical statement about Players wanting to play here when they see fans attacking a QB. . . . Tearing down Romo is a bad look and disgusting . . . evenn more so then criticizing the play of a current QB

Aaaactually what I'm talking about is why play here when you're likely to get ripped down by the fans a lot? If it happens to the QB, it'll happen to you. And I defend Dak just as I defended Romo. Pity the old site no longer has forums, or I could show the many examples where I defended Romo and refused to engage in the Romo vs Dak debates in 2016. Why? Cuz I like both of them.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Screenshot-20210904-013818-01.jpg

Screenshot-20210904-014129-01.jpg

Pot calling the Kettle Black

Why don't you play fair? Is your whole purpose on this board to bother people and defend Dak to the death

You are like a Fly . . . All you do is Eat, **** and bother People
I don’t even know if you’re asking a question or what. I’m confused by what you quoted in reply to what I asked you…why are you upset?

NotForLong

Reaction score
Aaaactually what I'm talking about is why play here when you're likely to get ripped down by the fans a lot? If it happens to the QB, it'll happen to you. And I defend Dak just as I defended Romo. Pity the old site no longer has forums, or I could show the many examples where I defended Romo and refused to engage in the Romo vs Dak debates in 2016. Why? Cuz I like both of them.
Its the obsessive blind love of the fan base that got Dak paid . . he is an average "Try Hard" QB with a broken leg that got paid

Because Jerry wanted to keep his fan bade happy.

But I will ask you again . . . which is worse
Critiquing a current player or tearing down a former Player?

NotForLong

Reaction score
I don’t even know if you’re asking a question or what. I’m confused by what you quoted in reply to what I asked you…why are you upset?
Of course you don't understand . . . you always play stupid. . .
You said Dak needs to score more then the defense allows. . . . then you say rating Win totals as a QB stat is moving the goal posts

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Of course you don't understand . . . you always play stupid. . .
You said Dak needs to score more then the defense allows. . . . then you say rating Win totals as a QB stat is moving the goal posts
What the hell does one have to do with the other are you slow?

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
Its the obsessive blind love of the fan base that got Dak paid . . he is an average "Try Hard" QB with a broken leg that got paid

Because Jerry wanted to keep his fan bade happy.

But I will ask you again . . . which is worse
Critiquing a current player or tearing down a former Player?

Depends on the player. I typically don't tear down our players anyway (except maybe Jaylon, but even that is more in jest). I might joke about them, but I try to not rip players down, especially unfairly. As for Dak, I think he was paid because he's got a lot of upside and he's played well. Also, you have to have a QB in today's NFL, and he's easily the best QB in the division. That is a fact that is widely accepted by even most of the ardent haters of our team (by that, I mean people like Stephen A Smith). Daniel "Can a Brother Spare a Dime" Jones (as Mark Holmes likes to refer to him) isn't going to take the Giants very far. You want to talk about a QB who fumbles a lot? Jones fumbles a lot. Fitzpatrick is inconsistent as heck, and Washington screwed up by not getting a younger QB behind Fitzpatrick. He's best used when you have a young QB. Then there's Jalen Hurts with the Eagles....even THE EAGLES aren't sold on him. Yeah! Even his own team isn't sold on him. So, that right there is worth a lot to keep Dak.

Also, as I said during the off-season, with Jerry Jones' track record with QBs that he drafts that he has WANTED to draft, Dak was the safest option considering the man at the controls. Remember, Jerry once signed one of these QBs, touted these as starters, or wanted to draft the following other QBs (some of these even in the same draft as Dak). *Record scratch* wait a minute, I have a better idea!

And now, the QBs of the Cowboys between 2000-2005 plus the ones Jerry wanted to draft. Brought to you by Furboy!

AdorableWhichGallinule-max-1mb.gif

• Ryan Leaf
  • Clint Storner
  • Anthony Wright
  • Randall Cunningham was past his sell by date
  • Tony Banks
  • Quincy Carter
  • Chad Hutchinson
  • Vinny Testaverde
  • Drew Henson
  • Drew Bledsoe
Now we come to the players Jerry wanted to draft at QB
  • Johnny Manziel
  • Paxton Lynch
  • Connor Cook
  • Cody Kessler
  • Christian Hackenburg
Aside from Aikman, the best QBs Jerry has had, he lucked into. Romo he got because Sean Payton managed to talk him away from the Broncos as a UDFA and Parcells convinced him to stay vs go to New Orleans. Dak wasn't even Jerry's top 3 choices in the 2016 draft. He only drafted him because the others were gone and the Broncos beat Jerry to trading up for Lynch. Imagine the backlash we'd have had here if Jerry had been successful with that trade, especially if God-Forbid the Commanders or the Giants got Dak in that scenario *faints*. That would've been a catastrophe!!! So, just that alone is a good enough reason to have signed Dak vs trusting Jerry to draft his replacement. And don't say "We could just tank again for another QB you know". That worked great for the Browns for 15+ years before finally getting Mayfield. Frankly, if not for Romo and Dak, Jerry's tenure since Aikman probably would've been similar to the Browns. Keep that in mind too.

Fuze those together along with how well Dak has played, and you have yourself a damn good reason to keep Dak at the price he was signed for. Oh, that and because Jerry was an idiot and didn't sign him sooner.

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Hehe, I should've clarified what I said with "among other factors". And Zeke did fumble more than usual last year. I'm not absolving Dak entirely of blame, I was just trying to provide context to show that everyone needs to step it up this year.

Very true!

I just want to remind you again...zeke fumbling was early in the year...right along side Dak's 7 turnovers in 4 games. Zeke very much did ALREADY stop his fumbling. That wa smy objection to your "zeke gotta stop fumbling"? He already took care of it.

I would have expected Dak to clean up his TO problem as well...had he not gotten hurt.

And yes....the whole team needs to play better....I'd say it wouldn't be that hard to play better than last year. :confused:

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
Very true!

I just want to remind you again...zeke fumbling was early in the year...right along side Dak's 7 turnovers in 4 games. Zeke very much did ALREADY stop his fumbling. That wa smy objection to your "zeke gotta stop fumbling"? He already took care of it.

I would have expected Dak to clean up his TO problem as well...had he not gotten hurt.

And yes....the whole team needs to play better....I'd say it wouldn't be that hard to play better than last year. :confused:

Oh,no doubt. Everyone from the players to Jerry are to blame for last season along with injuries. I expect everyone to play better.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
Very true!

Most of those turnovers were because the team was behind and Dak was doing everything he could to win.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score

PAPPYDOG"Dak 666"Zone Supporter
11,324 messages
17,152 likes received

The 1-3, would be 0-4 if the Falcons field the onsides kick, QB is back everybody.
Maybe he can accomplish that 0-4 this time around?
I mean he says he's ready right???

Perhaps this was a joke, but this was from this very thread in page 1. Seems to me like cheering for him to go 0-4.
wow another Gen Z poster...who measure everything by the number of likes..geez dude your life can't be so empty
so lets play the if game, since you like ifs
the 1-3 could have been 3-1 if the referee calls the interference on Ramsey...TD and cowboys win...if the cowboys make a tackle 15 yards in the backfield against cleveland, we win that game...if the defense just made one play in the end, seattle doesn't win the game and we hold and win....

see, everyone can play the if game....its not that hard.

no matter how hard you wish for the cowboys to fail, we were 1-3 and all our wishes for us to have been 0-4 doesn't change the facts