Dak only 1 of 5 active QBs to lead league in TDs in a year

BoysForLife

Reaction score
Typical troll post to follow a logical one. I'll let you have this last word.
Translation: I can't argue your point so I'll dismiss you as a troll instead.

PS I didn't have the last word. But I do now. Unless you chime in again. (Smart money says you won't be able to resist).

Streifenkarl

Reaction score
Dak is elite, his defense and organization is garbage.
:facepalm:

LoL, "his defense" is just like Dak. Good in (parts of) the regular season, showing up against the weaker opponents and absolute stinkers in the playoffs. So if his defense is garbage, Dak is garbage.

And since stats is all you Daksters care about, see post #7 in this thread for further reference.

ATXSRT

Reaction score
All the other QBs have a SB victory, and if it weren't for Mahomes Jackson would too.

GINeric

Reaction score
Oh look....someone found some stats i agree with...lookit how cool this guy is!

I don't think it's about agreeing or disagreeing.... for me it's about REALITY. What REALLY HAPPENED. The TRUTH.

See most of yall are "opinion based". You can move goalposts and be hypocrites with opinions. But real life production can't be skewed.

Many of you try to blame our players for something.... then give players from other teams excuses for failure in the same category. Do you see how fake that looks?

If (player A) from our team is expected to make the players around him better and/or play to a certain standard, then (player B) on a different team playing the same exact position is supposed to be held to the same standards, no excuses.

That doesn't happen around here. I don't have to point fingers, everyone knows who the lil weak hypocrites are. A hit dog WILL holler....

GINeric

Reaction score
All the other QBs have a SB victory, and if it weren't for Mahomes Jackson would too.

Nick Foles and Trent Dilpher have the same amount of Superbowl success as Aaron Rodgers. So I guess according to your logic they are all equally talented, correct?

plymkr

Reaction score
The people who expect Zimmer to match that production are in for a rude awakening. I expect our turnovers to fall
So do I. Zimmer will improve the run defense but the momentum gaining TOs and defensive TDs will go down. Zimmer’s defense struggled to get TOs in the past and he had some good players.

I’m expecting to see less run it down our throats long drives against us which will be good, and needed. But I also expect to see less playmaking and momentum swinging plays by the defense. I think we’ll be in the top 5-7 in yardage allowed but drop to about 5-7 in TOs.

Cowboys5217

Reaction score
So do I. Zimmer will improve the run defense but the momentum gaining TOs and defensive TDs will go down. Zimmer’s defense struggled to get TOs in the past and he had some good players.

I’m expecting to see less run it down our throats long drives against us which will be good, and needed. But I also expect to see less playmaking and momentum swinging plays by the defense. I think we’ll be in the top 5-7 in yardage allowed but drop to about 5-7 in TOs.
That's not the kind of defense Zimmer gave us before. It was the worst run defense we've ever had.

Cowboys5217

Reaction score
Just one? I can think of a few besides the obvious.

1. They all have better coaching than Dak.
2. They all had better offensive coordinators than Dak.
3. They all had better GMs than Dak.
4. They all were higher drafted with bigger expectations than Dak.

With that said, who disagrees with any of those points, please feel free to state your case to prove it wrong.
They all have conference title game experience. Fact.

Point one of yours is subjective.

Point two is subjective.

Point three I'll concede you are correct.

Point four just means you don't pay Dak like guys who were drafted higher AND have actually sniffed a title game.

Cowboys5217

Reaction score
I think he's trying to say they all have a Super Bowl. But that's inaccurate, Jackson has no Super Bowl.

If he's saying Jackson has 2 MVPs, pretty sure the Dak haters are gonna say something like "Boomer Esaison and Cam Newton has MVPs too" if Dak had 2 MVPS with 2 playoff wins.

And if Dak does what Josh Allen does and can only beat Skylar Thompson, Mac Jones, and Mason Rudolph..... they'll probably find a way to demean that too.
You guys aren't very good at this are you?

It's quite obvious what the 4 not named Dak have in common.

Cowboys5217

Reaction score
Here's his 5 losses:

1. Green Bay 2016 - 31 points in his first ever playoff start as a rookie. Not his fault his defense can't stop Rodgers. And Bryce Butler has a 37 yard penalty for huddle infraction.

2. Rams 2018 - Defense gave up 300 rushing yards. Amazing he even got this game to a one possession final score.

3. SF 2021 - Connor Williams had a holding penalty which eliminated a 32 yard catch down the middle by Lamb. Not his fault his O-Lineman sucks. We could've won that game without that play

4. SF 2022 - That was on Dak, I agree. But still just 1 out of 5.

5. GB 2023 - McCarthy, Quinn, and the defense got schooled. The look on Mike's face after giving up that opening TD before Dak even took the field said all. He knew we were done 5 minutes into the game.
1. Green Bay - Dak had three turnovers - he sucked.

2. Defense stunk.

3. Dak sucked

4. Dak sucked.

5. Both Dak and the team sucked. Dak's stats were compiled after the game was already lost and which he contributed heavily to that loss by stinking up the place in the first half.

Dak only has an excuse in the Rams game. He's been the biggest reason they lost the other playoff games, because your QB absolutely cannot suck in those games if you want any chance of winning.

You definitely don't break the bank for guys who have a longer list of excuses than playoff victories.

Yobwocs

Reaction score
1. Green Bay - Dak had three turnovers - he sucked.

2. Defense stunk.

3. Dak sucked

4. Dak sucked.

5. Both Dak and the team sucked. Dak's stats were compiled after the game was already lost and which he contributed heavily to that loss by stinking up the place in the first half.

Dak only has an excuse in the Rams game. He's been the biggest reason they lost the other playoff games, because your QB absolutely cannot suck in those games if you want any chance of winning.

You definitely don't break the bank for guys who have a longer list of excuses than playoff victories.
You're terrible. Fallacies spewing; and didactic too. But he's getting paid so guess who has the last laugh.

plymkr

Reaction score
That's not the kind of defense Zimmer gave us before. It was the worst run defense we've ever had.
Really? I may be remembering things wrong. I remember not getting a lot of TOs. Like it was very rare that Terence Newman would get a pick. I remember a lot of sacks with Ware and Ratliff.

I really hope Zimmer does better with the run defense this time around or we’re really in trouble.

noshame

I'm not dead yet......
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
He also led the league in ints.
Without even playing the whole season.
If he starts this year I promise the wheels will come off as the competition gets stiffer and the OL protection will fall off a bit .
I've accepted this is a transition year and sadly for some Dak is part of the transition.

CowboyoWales

Reaction score
I don't think it's about agreeing or disagreeing.... for me it's about REALITY. What REALLY HAPPENED. The TRUTH.

See most of yall are "opinion based". You can move goalposts and be hypocrites with opinions. But real life production can't be skewed.

Many of you try to blame our players for something.... then give players from other teams excuses for failure in the same category. Do you see how fake that looks?

If (player A) from our team is expected to make the players around him better and/or play to a certain standard, then (player B) on a different team playing the same exact position is supposed to be held to the same standards, no excuses.

That doesn't happen around here. I don't have to point fingers, everyone knows who the lil weak hypocrites are. A hit dog WILL holler....
Ok, but under analyzed statistics are just numbers. It may be TRUTH, but everyone is able to produce a TRUTH. Most fans wouldnt be surprised by the OP TRUTH, but it's also TRUTH, that despite his regular season performances ....it never translates to Post-Season.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
Aaron Rodgers - 2 (2016, 2020)

Patrick Mahomes - 2 (2018, 2022)

Lamar Jackson - 1 (2019)

Dak Prescott - 1 (2023)

Russell Wilson - 1 (2017)

I see no reason to not resign him. We have one of the more elite QBs in the league. This defense is Zimmer's job to fix, not his. Until it's fixed expect us to go 1 and done regularly. Sure his price tag is gonna be expensive but so is half the QBs in the league, and they all navigate around it. Id sign him to 6 years in the low 50s.
OMG that Dak haters are pathetic. they use ghost accounts to start threads so they can jump on and repeat the same dak hate.

so lets get another 34 pages of the same thing, in the same type threads, 18 of which was created last week.

this was a very obvious attempt at trolling. I will figure out who you are once I dig into you IP address.

John813

Reaction score
Last year was the 3rd time since 2016 when a QB failed to break 40 TDs.

Going back to Dak's rookie year here's the Top 3 stats for amount of Passing TDs.

2016: (16 games)
1. 40 TD Rodgers
2. 38 TD
3. 37 TD

2017:(16)
1. 34 TD (Wilson)
2. 33 TD
3. 32 TD

2018: (16)
1. 50 TD Mahomes
2. 39 TD rare Luck injury free season
3. 35 TD

2019: (16)
1. 36 TD Jackson
2. 33 TD
3. 31 TD

2020(16)
1. 48 TD(Rodgers)
2. 40 TD
3. 40 TD

2021(17*)
1. 43 TD Brady
2. 41 TD
3. 38 TD

2022(17)
1. 41 TD Mahomes
2. 35 TD
3. 35 TD

2023(17)
1. 36 TD (Prescott)
2. 32 TD
3. 31 TD

Curious to see if this year will be a bounce back for TD passes for the top 3-5 QB's?
Ending the 2010-2020 decade would of thought more would be entering the 40TD mark with the 17 game season/ NFL push for more offense-passing at that.

thunderpimp91

Reaction score
Sure his price tag is gonna be expensive but so is half the QBs in the league, and they all navigate around it. Id sign him to 6 years in the low 50s.

I would too, but I also have to believe that if Dak were willing to sign in the low 50s it would be a done deal by now. Do you do the deal in the low 60s?

I have a feeling that for both Lamb and Dak many fans are going to be quite surprised by just how much these guys end up costing.