Dak: Our team culture is great

MyFairLady

Reaction score
That's the problem.......vocal leader who can walk the talk. Dez was close.......
I agree 100% what we need is to have our best players and management care about winning above all else. I disagree about Dez though. He was a loud mouth child. He was no leader. He tore down anything that resembled leadership. He was a physically gifted demi god who got away without working on his craft or preparing for the games. He set a terrible example for everyone on the team and did nothing to elevate others or hold others accountable. The only way to win with a guy like him is to have amazing leadership in place who can control him and direct him. Instead we had a clown show GM who hired him a baby sitter.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
The Cowboys don’t have a championship culture. They play well during the regular season and don’t show up for the playoffs. The players don’t look motivated or excited about the postseason.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
But when it came time to practice and play the games they were big bad Dogs.
They were. Which brings me back to my original statement. Is it a culture issue or a personnel issue? They won in the 90's with a bunch of Hall of Famers. I don't count too many Hall of Fame careers on this team.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
“Yeah, the culture is high honestly, and the culture is great from my standpoint. . . . My point is that’s something I’ve bragged on and took pride in,” Prescott said, via Garrett Podell of CBSSports.com. “So if there’s questions of that or concerns on that, I feel attacked. I’m sure some guys in the locker room do, but at the end of the day, it’s a business, and the way that this business plays out, people don’t get exactly what they want. There’s always sourness I guess you could say somewhere. I don’t want to make anything bigger than that.”
First, 'from my standpoint' suggests what he thinks may be different from what teammates' think. That puts a target on his own back. Then, 'I feel attacked' suggests he dislikes that particular line of questioning. Inquires irk him as a result. Adding 'it's a business' will not disqualify outside perception to the contrary. It attracts higher scrutiny.

Anyone can say whatever they want. That said, saying more than necessary will invite more questions instead of preventing them.

Captain-Crash

Reaction score
he should have just choked up and acted like he couldn't talk, we would understand that, since we've seen it in a lot of games. :D

Blue&Silver

Reaction score
I remember last year when Dak said he felt better than he's ever felt before. I knew that was trouble for what was coming.

Vtwin

Safety third
Reaction score
Jimmys team was doing drugs at the White House. I’m just saying we may be missing Jimmy but we he culture was never ideal here.
In the sense it's being talked about here, the culture was a good as it gets with those teams. Don't take my word for it. Ask Irvin or Aikman. I just heard Newton talking about it not long ago. They were a team in every sense of the word. They played for each other. They challenged each other. They bought in to the common goal and it most definitely showed on the field.

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score
Nice so the culture that left you unprepared and crapping the bed against GB in the playoffs just as had happened the 2 years before in SF is 'great.'

Captain-Crash

Reaction score
Well, he put it out there. Maybe if he would shut his mouth nobody will hurt is fragile feelings, huh?
giphy.gif

Rayman70

Reaction score
Daks been attending the Dale Carnegie class of Jerry Jones 101 for the last several years. Daks is now the valedictorian. lol

DandyDon52

Reaction score
If Dak and others cant admit they have a bad culture, then they will not ( and cannot) fix it.
That leaves us with a team that plays like in the GB wc game.