Dak: Our team culture is great

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
I wonder if in the Cowboys case it could be both that need some tweaking. I don't believe it is "bad" probably just needs some refining.

To influence the culture in a meaningful way without blowing up the locker room and field culture.
I agree we need some changes in the culture department but I just think it’s the thing to say now. Culture don’t fix Daks play in the playoffs or safeties at linebacker. Culture didn’t give up
50 points to Green Bay.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
If your ultimate goal is winning a SB, there’s nothing else to discuss if Dak’s the starting QB. Nothing else matters because NO team with Dak under center is winning one. 21 all pros on both sides of the ball and the results will still be the same.
That’s pure stupidity. 21 All Pros and they’d lose? That ain’t a Dak issue then.

charron

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
The team culture is players celebrating regular season wins like it's their only goal and thinking they can win in the playoffs without much effort.

1942willys

Reaction score
Jimmys team was doing drugs at the White House. I’m just saying we may be missing Jimmy but we he culture was never ideal here.
No culture is ideal
But at least the one we had while he was here WON CHAMPIONSHIPS
It was so good we won one two years after he left

Captain-Crash

Reaction score
He said what he said, he couldn't come out and say, "Everybody hates me, teammates, fans, and teammates' family members. I can't help it I choked another season away, but remember, I'm worth a third of the pie. Pay me"

Proof

Reaction score
I’m assuming all the good culture talk is simple not wanting to throw anyone under the bus and say the right things to the media.

My fear is this is what these guys really believe and this organization has been dysfunctional for so long that they don’t know what good culture looks like.
I think that the culture IS good. These guys respect eachother, play for eachother, have eachothers backs. There's plenty of "good culture" that doesn't = ultimate success. Sounds of the sideline routinely feels like a team that gets it, loves it, and tries. I just think losing when we do, how we do, as often as we do obviously sours perception of everything.

Proof

Reaction score
No culture is ideal
But at least the one we had while he was here WON CHAMPIONSHIPS
It was so good we won one two years after he left
yeah, think thats kinda the point. winning cures all. culture and winning are not synonomous.

5Stars

Here comes the Sun...
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Maybe he's telling the truth but something is missing in that locker room. I can't quite put my fingers on it but I don't sense a strong leadership presence on this team. By that, I mean one or two players the entire team looks up to and respect.

https://www.nbcsports.com/nfl/profo...-i-feel-attacked-if-theres-questions-about-it

Dak Prescott: Our team culture is great, I feel attacked if there’s questions about it​

Published March 5, 2024 06:37 AM
Oh, no! Poor Dak feels attacked. You deserve being attacked for your play on the field, not you persona, however, that is in question also.

Captain-Crash

Reaction score
Oh, no! Poor Dak feels attacked. You deserve being attacked for your play on the field, not you persona, however, that is in question also.
you weren't at the game where fans were throwing stuff at him were you? If you were and did throw stuff at him, good job.

thunderpimp91

Reaction score
I think that the culture IS good. These guys respect eachother, play for eachother, have eachothers backs. There's plenty of "good culture" that doesn't = ultimate success. Sounds of the sideline routinely feels like a team that gets it, loves it, and tries. I just think losing when we do, how we do, as often as we do obviously sours perception of everything.
Maybe, but we are probably defining what a good culture is in different ways. Respect and having someones back is great, but that feels like the bare minimum for being part of a team. Unfortunately 90% of true leadership is what is going to show up on TV so we are left to assume quite a bit, but I saw a ton of quit in this team this year multiple times. Typically teams with great culture respond well to adversity, this team did not. Lose Diggs....huge upset loss to Arizona days later. Fall behind early to SF....blowout loss. Fall behind early to Buffalo....blowout loss. Fall behind early to Green Bay....blowout loss.