Dak: Our team culture is great

SultanOfSix

Star Power
Reaction score
73yrb6.jpg
:laugh:Sorry, but this is funny.

As for the culture thing: yes, the culture may be great...SUBJECTIVELY.

But it's certainly not a winning culture.

bewp7

Reaction score
just because u get along dont mean u have a good culture

i know FOR A FACT they do not have a good (winning) culture because not 1 of them showed up for a HOME PLAYOFF GAME (well a few did i admit but they was lesser guy)

so spare me!!!!!

i wish they was fighting and calling each other out for bs and holding each other accountible and lifting each other up that is good culture not going shopping together for louis vuitton girl purses like dak think is good culture

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
A couple of information-seeking questions could have been, "What were the similarities or differences between the cultures at Mississippi State and Dallas? And what were the pros and cons between the two?" That would have made him think more heavily upon an answer instead of providing a fairly static response. Media questions are usually of the softball, noninvasive variety, so those would not have been considered or asked.

5Stars

Here comes the Sun...
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
A couple of information-seeking questions could have been, "What were the similarities or differences between the cultures at Mississippi State and Dallas? And what were the pros and cons between the two?" That would have made him think more heavily upon an answer instead of providing a fairly static response. Media questions are usually of the softball, noninvasive variety, so those would not have been considered or asked.
You know what I don't get, maybe because I don't understand, but what does "culture" really mean anyway?

What kind of culture? There are many reasons for culture, but in this instance, I have no clue what it means pertaining to the Cowboys.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
You know what I don't get, maybe because I don't understand, but what does "culture" really mean anyway?

What kind of culture? There are many reasons for culture, but in this instance, I have no clue what it means pertaining to the Cowboys.
Other members will likely give their perspectives but I am a sociology buff and consider culture in those terms. As far as any sports team, I consider internal culture as the intertwined application of managerial and coaching practices, as they are expressly and subliminally learned and adopted by the players. Individual behaviors and personal standards are imprinted by the 'norms' that the players experience day-in day-out.

In my opinion, a winning team-oriented culture is single-minded--utilizing a set of norms that demands the best contributions from everyone from top to bottom. Leadership is an overwhelming guiding component of that narrow focus, which should come primarily from a head coach and mirrored by the players' main figurehead.

Sometimes, head coach and top player are a marriage of each other, a ying and a yang, in the best or even worse circumstances. Bill Belichick and Tom Brady were an excellent co-partnership of that dynamic in recent NFL history. Andy Reid and Patrick Mahomes have symbolize the same.

Just my take.

Captain-Crash

Reaction score

The cupcake culture with no rules or regulations. You play up the good guy image and sell jerseys. It works so Jerry isn't changing it.

fivetwos

Reaction score
How exactly does he know? What does he have to compare it to, the Mississippi State locker room?

The former star players who usually kiss Jerry’s behind claim a culture problem.

I guess it’s normal to defend the teacher who doesn’t care if you do your homework. That’s easier.

As long as Jerry Jones continues to defend poor play and claim everything is great, the further away they are.

What’s worse is they aren’t building on something here. This situation has peaked…they are losing good players and depth faster than replacing them.

And someone please tell me if they couldn’t win with Lamb and Parsons on rookie deals, how are they going to pull it off after those two and Dak are taking up around half of the cap?

Rayman70

Reaction score
the culture is one of passivity and meekness. Its all just fools gold in the regular season.

nobody

Reaction score
I think it’s just a thing to say now. Does anyone really know what a poor culture is lol? Do Chiefs have a great culture or great players that step up when needed?

Patriots culture was great when Brady was there now it sucks when he’s not. The culture never left the success did.
Dude, people have been saying there's a culture problem for 20 years. It's not just a thing to say now. And the results of the Cowboys play in the playoffs has shown there IS a culture problem. They just don't show up to play.

Blue&Silver

Reaction score
Every player says that every year. Even some coming off of an injury.
Yeah, but this was in the middle of the season when things were going well. I don't mind hearing that going into the playoffs, or in the playoffs but the middle of the season is a no-no when each game gets tougher towards the end.

SwagSurfer

Reaction score
5 Dak threads in the top 10 in this forum. CZ is hitting its stride early.

Zekeats

theranchsucks
Reaction score
Maybe he's telling the truth but something is missing in that locker room. I can't quite put my fingers on it but I don't sense a strong leadership presence on this team. By that, I mean one or two players the entire team looks up to and respect.

https://www.nbcsports.com/nfl/profo...-i-feel-attacked-if-theres-questions-about-it

Dak Prescott: Our team culture is great, I feel attacked if there’s questions about it​

Published March 5, 2024 06:37 AM
Funny seems the culture is a little different in the playoffs.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Dude, people have been saying there's a culture problem for 20 years. It's not just a thing to say now. And the results of the Cowboys play in the playoffs has shown there IS a culture problem. They just don't show up to play.
Why does lack of culture only show up in certain games? So when they win 12 games in season the culture is fine. It’s only bad in the losses?