Dak plays eerily similar to Peyton Manning since his injury

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
The thing is to give Dak time.

It's great you are jumping on Dak's wagon. Fans do that. But if we're going to compare him to the best QB's ever in NFL...he's going to have to perform at a high level AND win some playoff games over a few seasons. Or so.

It's why some of you still hate Romo. Top 5 EASILY in his day. But little shaky record in the playoffs and no super bowls. Use the same criteria.

Not all his fault.... but it's how QB's are judged. Fair? Not fair? Doesn't matter. Use the same criteria.

McKDaddy

Reaction score
Well that's not right.

You guys complain about the golf club culture but only call out players you dislike

You are mixing & matching comments as if they are all completely related.
First, my comment was a general comment pointing out that if people are genuinely concerned about a bad game the player in question isn't elite. My comment didn't call out anyone. CowboyFrog & I had a good exchange on this. You can check that out for clarification.
Second, I completely agree with "If a player has a good game, say it. If that player plays like garbage then say that too." but you have way too many people on this forum who can't accept that their favorite players ever do anything wrong or aren't as good as they have deemed them to be.
Third, "You guys"? So, you think no one could look at your posts & say you have biases?
Fourth, I think any rational fan has complained about the culture. I call out players because of their play or they otherwise hurt the team. The only current player I actively dislike is Jaylon and he has earned that via bad play & out of touch with reality comments. I have called out Zack, Tyron, Witten, etc., when they deserve it. So, don't say I only call out players I dislike.

johneric8

Reaction score
I feel bad for you guys that are so dug in you can't acknowledge how good Dak has been. It's OK to change your mind in the face of mounting evidence to the contrary. Dak has complete command of this offense and it shows.
I've seen commentators and on air personalities compare him to Peyton lately as well, so the poster isn't crazy.... The Dak hate is real, and sad as well.

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I've seen commentators and on air personalities compare him to Peyton lately as well, so the poster isn't crazy.... The Dak hate is real, and sad as well.
It's fine we can "compare" the play of 3 games....but any serious comparison will have to wait for daks career to be as long as Peyton.

Not sure why that strikes you as unreasonable let alone hateful.

johneric8

Reaction score
It's fine we can "compare" the play of 3 games....but any serious comparison will have to wait for daks career to be as long as Peyton.

Not sure why that strikes you as unreasonable let alone hateful.
The Dak hate is unreasonable quite honestly... And so were the questions back in day that he couldn't throw deep, or he was just dink and dak, anyone could see he could do more if you just paid attention.. He is entering elite status and you still have guys looking for negatives and that is sad.. And yes, the way he is controlling the offense with such precision is why he has been compared to Peyton, it's not too early for that, he was doing it last year as well..

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
The Dak hate is unreasonable quite honestly... And so were the questions back in day that he couldn't throw deep, or he was just dink and dak, anyone could see he could do more if you just paid attention.. He is entering elite status and you still have guys looking for negatives and that is sad.. And yes, the way he is controlling the offense with such precision is why he has been compared to Peyton, it's not too early for that, he was doing it last year as well..
Mkay....I'd like to see a little more tolerance in disagreement. "If you just pay attention, you'd see" sounds alot like "you are a stupid hater if you don't see it exactly like I see it".

I expressed concern dak would have challenges coming back from terrible injury. I wa labeled a hater by someone who disagreed with me. Dak showed me on the field he is quite well. Great!

Dak is playing well....the whole team looks great!. When Dak has the same or comparable longevity and body of work....I will make that comparison then. That is just how I work....I don't find that hateful.

I am not telling anyone else they are wrong for doing it now. To each their own.

johneric8

Reaction score
Mkay....I'd like to see a little more tolerance in disagreement. "If you just pay attention, you'd see" sounds alot like "you are a stupid hater if you don't see it exactly like I see it".

I expressed concern dak would have challenges coming back from terrible injury. I wa labeled a hater by someone who disagreed with me. Dak showed me on the field he is quite well. Great!

Dak is playing well....the whole team looks great!. When Dak has the same or comparable longevity and body of work....I will make that comparison then. That is just how I work....I don't find that hateful.

I am not telling anyone else they are wrong for doing it now. To each their own.

Look brother, the Dak hater terms is just what is used around here, my point is, and you know it's true, there are too many posters on here whom have dug in their heels because they said Dak would never be a franchise QB, instead of admitting that they were wrong and we were right, they continue to try and justify their ignorance...

All I was saying was that all QB's are compared to other Qb's whom have come before them so it's not outlandish to see similar characteristics to guys like Peyton when comparing Dak at this point.. Lets be honest, Dak is breaking records and killing it and has been for a long time..

The man has been blamed for being on a bad team, to me it's obvious he is more than what you need to win a championship.... For the life of me I will understand how people couldn't see our defense has sucked and coaching has been horrendous in the past..

There isn't a QB around whom has ever played in the NFL win a superbowl without a team effort. Dak Prescott is everything and more in terms of what he offers!

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Look brother, the Dak hater terms is just what is used around here, my point is, and you know it's true, there are too many posters on here whom have dug in their heels because they said Dak would never be a franchise QB, instead of admitting that they were wrong and we were right, they continue to try and justify their ignorance...

All I was saying was that all QB's are compared to other Qb's whom have come before them so it's not outlandish to see similar characteristics to guys like Peyton when comparing Dak at this point.. Lets be honest, Dak is breaking records and killing it and has been for a long time..

The man has been blamed for being on a bad team, to me it's obvious he is more than what you need to win a championship.... For the life of me I will understand how people couldn't see our defense has sucked and coaching has been horrendous in the past..

There isn't a QB around whom has ever played in the NFL win a superbowl without a team effort. Dak Prescott is everything and more in terms of what he offers!
To be fair 31 other teams believed multiple times he wouldn't be a franchise qb.

Let's check that....let's be fair and say 5 teams didn't need a qb for several years. 25 teams passed on him 3-4 times.

Not even sure WE thought he would be.

I'd say he changed a lot of minds....and the very few ...NOT very many at all....still unconvinced....not worth the time to even mention.

Blake

Reaction score
To be fair 31 other teams believed multiple times he wouldn't be a franchise qb.

Let's check that....let's be fair and say 5 teams didn't need a qb for several years. 25 teams passed on him 3-4 times.

I'd say he changed a lot of minds....and the very few ...NOT very many at all....still unconvinced....not worth the time to even mention.

His first preseason snap against the Rams in 2016 I knew he would be a franchise QB. The IT factor was evident. Me and a buddy were sitting at a restaurant watching the game, and I remember saying “This kid has something”.

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
His first preseason snap against the Rams in 2016 I knew he would be a franchise QB. The IT factor was evident. Me and a buddy were sitting at a restaurant watching the game, and I remember saying “This kid has something”.
I dig.

I say he had a pretty loaded team in 2016. But he handled it, and himself. extremely well.

johneric8

Reaction score

I understand, but there were people so far divided it was ridiculous.. I honestly think that the chargers game was when Dak went to elite status, and the eagle game cemented it... I get needing to see more for some people, but he has arrived at this point, the guy is flat out great.

5Stars

Here comes the Sun...
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan

Yeah, right. Hey, everyone lies a time or two in their lives.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
The thing is to give Dak time.

It's great you are jumping on Dak's wagon. Fans do that. But if we're going to compare him to the best QB's ever in NFL...he's going to have to perform at a high level AND win some playoff games over a few seasons. Or so.

It's why some of you still hate Romo. Top 5 EASILY in his day. But little shaky record in the playoffs and no super bowls. Use the same criteria.

Not all his fault.... but it's how QB's are judged. Fair? Not fair? Doesn't matter. Use the same criteria.
Still dissing Dak huh. I guarantee you that once he wins a Super Bowl you'll be here saying "But he's only won 1 Super Bowl" Mark it.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Both are average/mid-tier level arm talents who rely on their ability to dissect a field. Dak has a stigma as being a mobile quarterback due to his college days but watching the league due to having semi retired I’ve seen only one clear better pocket passer than him in Tom Brady!
I can see it honestly. And I commend you for going down that route and not doing the typical comparison to someone who looks like him. Like anytime there's a small slot receiver that's white they automatically compare him to Wes Welker.....anytime there's a mobile QB he's Mike Vick. How Dak has commanded the offense and played this year I honestly do see some Peyton Manning similarities that I didn't think about until you mentioned it. Good stuff.