Dak plays eerily similar to Peyton Manning since his injury

BleedSilverandBlue

Curator of Excellent Takes
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
I think something that people do not really appreciate enough about Dak is his total control at the line of scrimmage. The man makes more pre-snap reads than almost any other QB in the league right now. I think that he is really starting to get comfortable with recognizing coverage and checking into the right play to beat it. Peyton Manning good? No. However I do think that he is in the upper echelon of QBs in the NFL right now and has the skill set to remain there for years. I also think people forget that he is coming off of a catastrophic injury and an extremely limited preseason. Despite that fact he is putting up top shelf numbers and has us sitting at 2-1. He will only get better this year and I think him and Kellen Moore are just starting to tap their potential as a QB/OC duo.

Shane612

Reaction score
Shut down the cowboys ground game, and force Dak to throw.
Establish the run against the cowboys D. Then hit over the top with a deep pass.

blueblood70

Reaction score
Praise yes,

ridiculous comps, no..sorry man there in lies somewhere in the middle. dak has not yet earned being compared to the greatest qbs in the NFL who have or will have a yellow jacket..

i like dak a lot but its not warranted, the man has taken the next step but to over hype his improvement is also ridiculous and will get resistance.

hes been playing great but so had Carr, cousins, Murray, burrows, Herbert and other this season.

if daks not better then all his current peers , some of you nedd to take small step back into Daks actual lane..hes not PM or Brees..hes not even Tom Brady yet and hasnt reached Mahomes level..

its awesome hes improved to where he is now but we don't need to bloat his rankings. i have him around 6 now but could debate him at 5 but that crowded and debatable number.hat long way from 17 to 12 to 10 and he shopt all the way up to 5/6 thats awesome but hes not drew brees or PM just yet because hes not better then the other 4-5 guys still playing today..

you realize elite and JAG arent the only labels available why most of you are on both ends and not somewhere in the middle..

Scotman

Reaction score
I watch more than just Cowboys game and re-watch full games from other team during my downtime. My ranking is mostly base on the eye test. For example the eye test clearly show in last week game that Justin Herbert is a tier above Dak despite the loss. Herbert had to do more to carry his team than Dak because the Chargers have less talent than the Cowboys. He make throws and does things that Dak has never been able to do. It not just about win/loss as win/loss is a team stats.
Sounds like you need glasses.

Anyone who relies on "eye test" as proof has no proof.

Aulac

Reaction score
He is one of the heads of the Dak haters club, don't let him fool ya..

I'm not a Dak hater, just not a Dak homer. He certainly not top 5 like many here think. He fringe top 10 but the problem is that there are so many talented QB's today that I prefer over Dak. Hell I was browsing another Cowboys discussion board and someone wrote Dak see the coverage better than Mahomes. I couldn't help but roll my eyes.

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
Both are average/mid-tier level arm talents who rely on their ability to dissect a field. Dak has a stigma as being a mobile quarterback due to his college days but watching the league due to having semi retired I’ve seen only one clear better pocket passer than him in Tom Brady!
Dak is more mobile than Peyton Manning. In the pocket, Peyton Manning's passing power was generated in his arm while Dak generates his passing power in his hips. It helps him be so accurate on the run out of the pocket.

They are both cerebral QBs that quickly break down a defense presnap and audible corrections. I think that's where their similarities end.

lqmac1

Reaction score
If Watson come back, I have Dak rank as #15.
“We got 5 Super Bowls tho” - You

I can spot y’all from a mile away & not just because of your Terrell Owens jerseys.

I guess what I’m saying is that you are absolutely clueless about the Cowboys and the game of football.

PS: We should integrate a feature where you have to have 500 likes before allowed to post. This nonsense is nauseating.

Scotman

Reaction score
Eye test is more accurate than people who only look at stats. Stats without context is useless.

I never said anything about disregarding the context. All you mentioned was your 100% completely subjective eye test. The context is that he is almost always the better QB on the field. He doesn't give up. The team rallies behind him. He's smart enough to play to the weaknesses of the opposing defenses. He is incredibly accurate. He is able to read defenses quickly. His release time is fantastic. AND his stats are amazing.

You're just some unqualified pseudo-fan on the internet. You state that he doesn't pass YOUR eye test and offer that as evidence that he is an average at best QB. You can't give enough of anything objective to back up your obviously wrong conclusions. You being passionately and persistently wrong isn't a convincing argument.

Stryker44

Reaction score
Both are average/mid-tier level arm talents who rely on their ability to dissect a field. Dak has a stigma as being a mobile quarterback due to his college days but watching the league due to having semi retired I’ve seen only one clear better pocket passer than him in Tom Brady!

Its McCarthy. He did the same with Rodgers

jnday

Reaction score
And this is why nobody takes the Dak lovers seriously.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
And this is why nobody takes the Dak lovers seriously.
If we are being honest we all are Dak lovers lol. People love to make posts about him whether they like him or hate him lol. People love to love him and love to hate him.

DFWJC

Reaction score
You mean Aaron Rodgers? Im not saying Dak is better than Rodgers but if Dak had a game like Rodgers did week 1 the haters would talk about that game 8 years from now why Dak is garbage
:laugh:
That was an ugly game by Rodgers. He'll crawl all the way back to the top of the heap by season's end.

Just a reminder, Dak does hold the honor of worst 3 game stretch by any Dallas QB or offense, way back in 2017.

Our offense and Dak over those 3 weeks:
Offense scored 7,9 and 6 points (worst 3 game stretch?)
Dak--No passing TDs, 1 rushing TD but 8 turnovers (so -7) (worst 3 game stretch)

But I think we all got past it...as did he, in a very big way.
:flagwave:

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
:muttley: We have reached new levels of Dak love insanity.......

Mr_437

Reaction score
QB Peyton Manning, OC Tom Moore
QB Dak Prescott, OC Kellen Moore

It's gotta be the Offensive Coordinator w/ last name Moore.

fansince68

Reaction score
77% completion percentage says otherwise. The ignorant point to an mobility like it’s an x-factor for great qbs when history has proven otherwise.
Escaping the collapsing pocket to extend drives is a quality that Dak previously displayed that has diminished over the last few seasons. I'd take a 70% completion rate over the recent sacks and sack fumbles.