Dak plays eerily similar to Peyton Manning since his injury

jnday

Reaction score
If we are being honest we all are Dak lovers lol. People love to make posts about him whether they like him or hate him lol. People love to love him and love to hate him.
I don’t think any of us hate him, but there are several of us that would prefer a different QB. Comparing him to Manning or Brady only serves to make our fanbase look bad. I don’t think any of us dislikes him on a personal level. He seems like a good guy. Contrary to popular belief, I don’t think any of us hates him on any level. Hate is too strong of a description. It doesn’t tick me off or bother me when he plays well. I am indifferent with my feelings about him. I want the team to win and return to the organization that was known for having class and winning , instead of being a soft, average/below average team .

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
To be fair 31 other teams believed multiple times he wouldn't be a franchise qb.

Let's check that....let's be fair and say 5 teams didn't need a qb for several years. 25 teams passed on him 3-4 times.

Not even sure WE thought he would be.

I'd say he changed a lot of minds....and the very few ...NOT very many at all....still unconvinced....not worth the time to even mention.
Brady was a 6th round pick. Montana was a 3rd round pick. Wilson was a 3rd round pick. Leaf was second pick in the draft, Griffin was the 2nd pick....

not comparing Dak to either of those guys, but just that your logic doesn't make sense.

its where a player is at the time of the draft and there are many that are wrong, not just about QB, but over time how they grow into a position. perhaps at the time of the draft they didn't think, but there is 5 years from then to now.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
He not #32, but he rank lower than other QB's on my list because he has better supporting cast and has to carry the team less.
better supporting cast than Herbert? Allen? Brady? Mayfield? Murray? Mahomes? really!!!! how?

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
I'm not a Dak hater, just not a Dak homer. He certainly not top 5 like many here think. He fringe top 10 but the problem is that there are so many talented QB's today that I prefer over Dak. Hell I was browsing another Cowboys discussion board and someone wrote Dak see the coverage better than Mahomes. I couldn't help but roll my eyes.
no, you are wrong. you are a dak hater...if you argue Dak is not a top 32 QB...then you are defintley a hater....no arguments. no ifs/buts/thens

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
I don’t think any of us hate him, but there are several of us that would prefer a different QB. Comparing him to Manning or Brady only serves to make our fanbase look bad. I don’t think any of us dislikes him on a personal level. He seems like a good guy. Contrary to popular belief, I don’t think any of us hates him on any level. Hate is too strong of a description. It doesn’t tick me off or bother me when he plays well. I am indifferent with my feelings about him. I want the team to win and return to the organization that was known for having class and winning , instead of being a soft, average/below average team .
Why is comparing aspects of his game makes you feel bad as a fan? Why does it make you look bad?

CowboyFrog

Reaction score

Again its all in how you want to take it...the OP was talking about how Dak's 3 games have looked like he has command of the offense...like Manning...he was not saying Dak is Manning...some people just look for reasons to roll thier eyes at any comment. Again Dak seems to be calling alot of plays at the line, that doesnt mean he is a HOF QB right now..just said that looks like Manning. Its really not a crazy comment.

BobbyFlame469

Reaction score
Dak plays like Russel Wilson would if he had Big Bens frame.
He just started this year. I use to have my doubts but this year i EASILY see him having a40+ TD single digit interception type season.

the kid looks like he took a xanax before kickoff the way he stays calm and cool in the pocket. Only Brady looks that comfortable in the pocket when I look around the league. Most guys bail 0.5 seconds after the snap like Baker Mayfield and don’t trust their offensive protection/scheme

Aulac

Reaction score
better supporting cast than Herbert? Allen? Brady? Mayfield? Murray? Mahomes? really!!!! how?

Lamb, Cooper, Gallup is better than Allen and Williams. Zeke/Pollard is better than Ekeler.

Only Brady, Mayfield, Mahomes have better supporting cast than Prescott.

BobbyFlame469

Reaction score
I think something that people do not really appreciate enough about Dak is his total control at the line of scrimmage. The man makes more pre-snap reads than almost any other QB in the league right now. I think that he is really starting to get comfortable with recognizing coverage and checking into the right play to beat it. Peyton Manning good? No. However I do think that he is in the upper echelon of QBs in the NFL right now and has the skill set to remain there for years. I also think people forget that he is coming off of a catastrophic injury and an extremely limited preseason. Despite that fact he is putting up top shelf numbers and has us sitting at 2-1. He will only get better this year and I think him and Kellen Moore are just starting to tap their potential as a QB/OC duo.
you see it too. thanks:clap:

Aulac

Reaction score
He just started this year. I use to have my doubts but this year i EASILY see him having a40+ TD single digit interception type season.

the kid looks like he took a xanax before kickoff the way he stays calm and cool in the pocket. Only Brady looks that comfortable in the pocket when I look around the league. Most guys bail 0.5 seconds after the snap like Baker Mayfield and don’t trust their offensive protection/scheme

Justin Herbert and Matthew Stafford are literally the best under pressure.

BobbyFlame469

Reaction score
Shut down the cowboys ground game, and force Dak to throw.
Establish the run against the cowboys D. Then hit over the top with a deep pass.
and get whooped by Dallas who has a more accurate gunslinger under center than 85% of opposing teams.

We win 13 games this season. book it

CowboyFrog

Reaction score
Lamb, Cooper, Gallup is better than Allen and Williams. Zeke/Pollard is better than Ekeler.

Only Brady, Mayfield, Mahomes have better supporting cast than Prescott.

he is completing passes at almost 80% he has the Cowboys offense in the top 5 at efficiency but sure lets kick all the good players off Becuase YOU need to be a believer...nah on second thought ill keep the offense ...if its too good for you then go ..I hear the Jets looking for fans and that team is full of bad players that you can feel good about.

CowboyFrog

Reaction score
This season or overall.

Dak is top 3 or 5 in virtually every metric for pocket passer stats.

Accuracy
Depth
Field Zones
etc.

Besides Brady, their isn’t a better pocket passer in the league today. You’ll see by the end of the season.

At this point I dont care if some see...they are blind and will just move goalposts...to be honest they are mad we are winning with him...ooh yeah they all said they would not be but here they are...sorry thats not a fan.

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Brady was a 6th round pick. Montana was a 3rd round pick. Wilson was a 3rd round pick. Leaf was second pick in the draft, Griffin was the 2nd pick....

not comparing Dak to either of those guys, but just that your logic doesn't make sense.

its where a player is at the time of the draft and there are many that are wrong, not just about QB, but over time how they grow into a position. perhaps at the time of the draft they didn't think, but there is 5 years from then to now.

NOW...you are arguing just for the sake of arguing.

I NEVER said Dak couldn't become great or comparable just because of his draft position. NOT my point at all you made that up so you could fight.

You COULD go back and re=read the quote and my response to it. But I will take the time to explina it to you.

The person I quoted was admonishing Cowboys fans for not seeing early on that Dak would become what he is. It should be readily apparent many if not most NFL teams did also, since they passed on him multiple times....yes...exactly like Brady.

Do you understand now or is there something else you want to fight about?

USArmyVet

Reaction score
This season or overall.

Dak is top 3 or 5 in virtually every metric for pocket passer stats.

Accuracy
Depth
Field Zones
etc.

Besides Brady, their isn’t a better pocket passer in the league today. You’ll see by the end of the season.

Wow, so Dak is just behind Brady in terms of NFL QB's......and the post from May 2020 to prove it.....lol. A bit of a stretch.