Video: Dak post game

khiladi

Reaction score
Tad is Dak's voice on Twitter.

He say's all the things that Dak wants to say. You know Dak is 100% telling him things to post. Tad talks crap on all the Cowboys players. He wouldn't be so comfortable doing that if Dak wasn't okay with it.

I mean does anyone honestly think that Tad is posting things that Dak doesn’t want and can’t tell Tad to stop, especially considering Tad is riding on the gravy train of Dak?

The fact Dak gave the interview and said the contract offer was about ‘respect’ is absurd, considering how much Dallas baby-sat this guy for years in his mediocrity. This interview happened after Dak’s brother and posse started playing the race card on Twitter.

Last edited:

MountaineerCowboy

Reaction score
This is what happens when a player is signed on the basis that it is hoped that they will improve rather than on the basis of what they currently are.
Bingo!

I feel like if he played last year we might not have signed him long term. We would've probably still missed the playoffs because of the defense, but Dak would have came back to earth just like he did this year.

The Browns did the right thing with Mayfield. If they would have signed him after last season then they would have wasted a bunch of cap space on a not very good player, but his play this year has given them all the leverage.

Dak's injury and the timing of when it happened was the worst thing that could've happened for the Cowboys. Because he was hurt while he was putting up big stats in losing efforts.

khiladi

Reaction score
This is what happens when a player is signed on the basis that it is hoped that they will improve rather than on the basis of what they currently are.

Jerry probably saw he was highly marketable. He must have been completely drunk though, because anybody that is QB of the Cowboys, when they are winning in particular, is highly marketable.

blueblood70

Reaction score
I think people too often confuse "franchise quarterbacks" with "generational quarterbacks" like Rodgers, Brady etc. By those standards most QB's are never going to measure up.

Dak needs to take a deep breath, KM needs to look at his game plans and this entire offense needs to have a come to jesus moment because what we are seeing isn't a one man problem.

from where i sit hes feeling pressure to live up to that deal and plays hero balls at times looking to make the big play vs dump it down, run, or eat it..hes forcing it , other times hes accurate and hit some pretty balls all in the same games like late in Raider game..

hes trying to hard and needs to settle down..we as team will be fine..

no ones talking about Greg the leg anymore yet that was regular thing here and last two games perfect on fgs, xps, and all his kicks are touchbacks..

i mean players go through slumps and daks human , it happens. We have seen it with the rams, bucs, bills, Ravens, and even rogers with GB all had these little slumps. we are winning and fans are nitpicking the fun out of a win. Its win..9-4 is real..

I have faith in him, he will rebound and this will come together in time for the playoffs..

this is TEAM game sometimes the defense has to overcome the offense, sometimes the offense over defense and sometimes you need the kicker to win a game..it happens to all teams. These fans want perfect games like oh my we should have won 40--10 the last two games and get all lathered up over a win that had some issues..

none of it concerns me at all..take it one game at a time..

enjoy being up 3 games in the division at 9-4 that top 5 record in the league not just the nfc. it will be ok..:cool::popcorn:

khiladi

Reaction score
Bingo!

I feel like if he played last year we might not have signed him long term. We would've probably still missed the playoffs because of the defense, but Dak would have came back to earth just like he did this year.

The Browns did the right thing with Mayfield. If they would have signed him after last season then they would have wasted a bunch of cap space on a not very good player, but his play this year has given them all the leverage.

Dak's injury and the timing of when it happened was the worst thing that could've happened for the Cowboys. Because he was hurt while he was putting up big stats in losing efforts.

He was awful last year and even JJ said the stats were basically in garbage time. Dak had 7 TOs in 4 and a half games. His 4th quarter, down by at least 7 QB play was awful. He wasn’t even better than Dalton.

And I agree with you and said it last year, that Dak getting hurt salvaged his contract, because the OL then lost Zach Martin and it got much worse than the alleged bad play we have this year. Dallas had to tailor the offense for Dalton during the bye to get the ball out early. During their stretch of winning, he was the third fastest QB at getting the ball out early. Dalton’s career was in a WC offense and MM coached it as well. Dak has shown ZERO ability to learn a new offense, especially that quick.

TwentyOne

Reaction score
Nope. The run game is flat lining lately, more so without Pollard yesterday. The play calling isn't great, the o line is either very good or very poor. Throw in too many dropped passes and penalties and you have a misfiring offense. Yes, Dak was very bad yesterday but he wasn't alone in that.

The running game is ok. You cant expect a lot from it when you run against 8 and 9 man fronts the whole time.

The playcalling is good to great. KM is doing everything to make the most of Daks best trait and that pre snap reads. Which is not good but his best trait. Dak can be happy to have a playcaller like Moore at his side.

The passes are dropped because Dak is not accurate. Too many balls thrown in the back or else. Other QBs have also dropped passes. But they dont have elite talent everywhere at the WR positions. NO. The receiving group is by far our least concern and of course not the problem.

I didnt say Dak was the only bad player yesterday. And to me he wasnt bad. He was below average, like the player he is. You (I) cant expect much more from him from qhat he showed yesterday.
But i said he was and is our only problem. If we had a good or elite QB this offense would be rolling. And by far enough to win the big one.

conner01

Reaction score

He says when you only score 6 points in the second half. I guess he didn't factor in the 6 points he gave up which means they scored 0 points in the second half. The defense was so dominate against the pass yesterday that the game was over after the first quarter and the only way Washington had a chance to get back in was because of this guys constant crappy play. I hope he doesn't ruin my kids high expectations next week at the meadowlands. He's so excited for his first game.

It doesn’t work that way

Whirlwin

Cowboy , It’s a way of life.
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan

He says when you only score 6 points in the second half. I guess he didn't factor in the 6 points he gave up which means they scored 0 points in the second half. The defense was so dominate against the pass yesterday that the game was over after the first quarter and the only way Washington had a chance to get back in was because of this guys constant crappy play. I hope he doesn't ruin my kids high expectations next week at the meadowlands. He's so excited for his first game.

I don’t care what anyone says. There’s something physically wrong with this quarterback. Sit him for the next two weeks. Put them in the final game to get some rhythm

Kingofholland

Reaction score
I think people too often confuse "franchise quarterbacks" with "generational quarterbacks" like Rodgers, Brady etc. By those standards most QB's are never going to measure up.

Dak needs to take a deep breath, KM needs to look at his game plans and this entire offense needs to have a come to jesus moment because what we are seeing isn't a one man problem.

Agree here, most QBs aren't generational talents even though it may feel that way with the number of recent players and their longevity. Generational talents are consistently top 5 guys through most of their career. Then there's the next tier of guys that may get into the top 5 for a short period but don't stay there long, mostly hovering in the top 10 or just outside of it range. You can win Super Bowls with those guys. Tom Brady the last 2 decades has been so dominate that it's been even harder.

817Gill

Reaction score
Don’t really get why we get worked up about standard player speak postgame. No one will ever be able to explain to me why fans get mad over this stuff. It’s cookie cutter responses to cookie cutter questions that are all part of the media song and dance the NFL contracts its players to do.

I don’t even see it as an important part of the post game at all, what the heck do y’all want these guys to say? This tweet illustrates it all:

Doomsday101

Reaction score
Homers swooping by to tell us the problem is KM, McCarthy, an injury, anything but Dak in 3...2...1...

I'm a fan of Dak and have no issue saying he played a poor game, and????? we are supposed to crap on him and holler get rid of him? He played a bad game and like anyone else in the NFL it happens, no one is immune from a bad game. This non sense of people looking for a game to praise or rag on a player is truly pathetic. I will agree with anyone who says Dak play was poor and he needs to do better. But if all this is, is a chance to slam a player or to slam Dak for some person ego satisfaction then you guys can take a hike. He is the QB of Dallas Cowboys and he and this team currently sit at 9-4 on the season, Dak play overall on the season has been very good but far from perfect. His play in this game was below what is expected and for him and this team only thing they can do is continue to work and get this going once again. I know that does not fit the narrative because honestly this is not about the Dallas Cowboys any more it is a juvenile argument about Dak

George

a legend in your own mind
Reaction score
Go
Nope. The run game is flat lining lately, more so without Pollard yesterday. The play calling isn't great, the o line is either very good or very poor. Throw in too many dropped passes and penalties and you have a misfiring offense. Yes, Dak was very bad yesterday but he wasn't alone in that.
Gotta have the pass to bolster the run game. Next two weeks, we better look organized or it will be a short playoff run.

blueblood70

Reaction score
just for fun

not sarcasm

maybe dak needs Lasik lol Winston said it did miracles for him :)) maybe hes color blind and didn't notice the uniform color..:muttley::rolleyes:

seriously dak will be fine..:popcorn:

blueblood70

Reaction score
I'm a fan of Dak and have no issue saying he played a poor game, and????? we are supposed to crap on him and holler get rid of him? He played a bad game and like anyone else in the NFL it happens, no one is immune from a bad game. This non sense of people looking for a game to praise or rag on a player is truly pathetic. I will agree with anyone who says Dak play was poor and he needs to do better. But if all this is, is a chance to slam a player or to slam Dak for some person ego satisfaction then you guys can take a hike. He is the QB of Dallas Cowboys and he and this team currently sit at 9-4 on the season, Dak play overall on the season has been very good but far from perfect. His play in this game was below what is expected and for him and this team only thing they can do is continue to work and get this going once again. I know that does not fit the narrative because honestly this is not about the Dallas Cowboys any more it is a juvenile argument about Dak
:hammer:

X550i

Reaction score

Yep, franchise QB's are those who get big contracts because the team has no other viable options and believe they can build a team around them to win a SB.

Generational or elite QB's are................well we know who and what they are.

glimmerman

Reaction score
He isn’t playing well. Since the calf injury there is something wrong. Passes that were on are now off. He was over throwing passes yesterday to open guys and under throwing to wide open. Had a 44 yard pass to Gallup that was wide open and he had to come back for the ball, then it was called back for a hold on Williams. He threw a pick to a guy standing right there. How could he not seen him standing there. He ran the ball a few times and is scared and the staff has him scared. He took off crossed the line and “slipped” immediately with open field. Then it looked like he had a designed run and slid quick. But as the game went on it looked a little better so maybe he will gain some confidence and carry over to the pass game. Maybe his shoulder is hurt..

CWR

Reaction score

We aren't losing to that trash team. Dak can play exactly the same and we still win by double digits. Your kid will have a blast.