Dak Prescott arrested for DUI, love affair over?

Sydla

Reaction score
Actually, this could be a benefit to us. Maybe it pushes him way down in the draft.

I'd have no issue taking him in the 5th or 6th round now.

AbeBeta

Reaction score
All about how the guy handles this going forward. People need to realize many draft prospects have done the same thing. Few get caught.

Silver N Blue

Reaction score
Mississippi State QB Dak Prescott was arrested for DUI in Starkville (MS) early Saturday morning.

One day before he was scheduled to host a football camp involving over 200 kids, Prescott was pulled over by police in his white 2016 Escalade and found to be under the influence of alcohol. The arrest occurred just two days after Prescott's Pro Day workout. Prescott had some previous history of off-field incidents before this, getting into a fight at a "Waka Flocka" concert in 2015 that resulted in lacerations to Prescott's face and body. The mistakes will be especially concerning to NFL teams because Prescott plays quarterback, a position where leadership is of utmost importance. Before the DUI, Prescott was a projected third- or fourth-round pick.

Bleu Star

Bye Felicia!
Reaction score
Awwwwwwwwwww Crapppppppppppp! I was kinda hoping this guy would be a little more on the up & up side of life. I really like(d) him in the later rounds.

Jarv

Loud pipes saves lives.
Reaction score
Take a flyer and use one of our 6th rounders on him now.

casmith07

Attorney-at-Zone
Reaction score
Awwwwwwwwwww Crapppppppppppp! I was kinda hoping this guy would be a little more on the up & up side of life. I really like(d) him in the later rounds.

He still can be. This just will push his value down, which will be bad for him but maybe good for us.

Bleu Star

Bye Felicia!
Reaction score
He still can be. This just will push his value down, which will be bad for him but maybe good for us.

Yeah I know. It could have just been an innocent mistake but apparently there's a bit of a string and we are talking about finding the general of our club for the next decade.

visionary

Reaction score
I've known very good people that have had DUI's in their 30's, 40's, etc. Also have a family friend that is a prominent defense attorney that handles a good deal of DUI cases...and he's stated the same. But the folks I know would be the first to say not only was it a mistake...but also a helluva lot more expensive than a cab ride home. In addition to being very thankful no one was hurt. Many people may be surprised just how little it takes to register over the legal limit. Alcohol also of course affects people differently...and that's not factoring in any meds, etc.

Yep, the DUIs are surprising
What is not surprising is the excuse making that goes on from people like you unfortunately
It takes someone actually being killed fur people to admit that this is a serious issue

Blackspider214

Reaction score
Kept hearing his name as a guy we could take in the 3rd round and could be a project. Wonder how this affects his draft position. Would be still be interested if he drops even further?

Dak Prescott, the former Mississippi State quarterback looking to be selected in next month's NFL draft, was arrested early Saturday morning on a DUI charge, the Starkville Police Department said Saturday night.

Prescott was pulled over shortly after midnight while driving a white 2016 Cadillac Escalade in Starkville, Mississippi, police chief Frank Nichols told the Jackson Clarion-Ledger.

Can read the rest here:

http://espn.go.com/nfl/draft2016/st...issippi-state-bulldogs-qb-arrested-dui-charge

RS12

Reaction score
Latham's been suspended at Indiana a couple of times also. He has an nfl body though and if he slips to the end of day 3, might be worth a late pick.

He has 3rd round grades, so yeah.

batman36

Reaction score
It's called life. It happens thousands of times every day. People work their *** off for 8-10 hours a day or more and decide to wind down with a few buds after work. What's not to understand? It's wrong but it's life. It happens. Get over yourself.

Sir, in August of 1993, I was a police officer in Oklahoma. One evening, an irresponsible person GOT OVER HIMSELF after consuming an abundance of alcohol and crashed into another vehicle. I was the first respondent to arrive. A nine-year old boy died at the scene, and his father succumbed the next morning. I won't change my stance.

Bizwah

Reaction score
Sir, in August of 1993, I was a police officer in Oklahoma. One evening, an irresponsible person GOT OVER HIMSELF after consuming an abundance of alcohol and crashed into another vehicle. I was the first respondent to arrive. A nine-year old boy died at the scene, and his father succumbed the next morning. I won't change my stance.

Well said.

The flippant attitude people still take toward drinking and driving stuns me.